Wipro Employee Reviews

Found 1,581 reviews matching the search See all 13,156 reviews
Unusual Company
Principal Cybersecurity Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2019
Facility has a fun and open start up feel but people are brought on in advance of work. If they cannot place you in 3 to 4 months then you are cut. This is only for C band or consultant level employees. Cannot speak for B band or other.
Fun place to work
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2019
Working at Wipro for me was a great experience and I thought the pay was good. There are plenty of schedules to choose from, bonuses if stats were met, opportunities to move up within the company. Caring management team to support and encourage you to always do your best. I enjoyed my time with Wipro and would still be there if I did relocate with family.
Horrible, nightmare due to professinalism, honesty, appreciation, accusations, humiliatin, etc and no support from hr or senior mgmt
Sr Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 9, 2019
I would not recommend to join Wipro unless otherwise no option at a time. No management support and lots of humiliation. Advise to CEO to get rid of poisonous General Manager, VP, ADH, Delivery Head Director who has no concept of USA business include people management. No need to bring these people in USA under L1/H1 visa category. Most of these people are under L1/H1 visa status. CEO have to ensure these people are DIVERSIFY and have true PROFESSIONALS, especially H.R. in place to do their job unprejudiced. Employees don't stand a chance if they have nobody to speak for them in times of need. Wipro do not have USA base HR to protect employee. You cannot have prejudiced H.R, management, or senior leaders and expect high morale or top performers. You cannot and SHOULD NOT put people in management positions that do not know how to manage!!!!!!! We do not need corruption in this country. Quarterly evals are a joke. If you don’t want to increase salary then don’t but atleast give honest evaluation to employee. Also, don’t missed use L1/H1 technical engineers to have them work around clock for 24 hours. I worked only 7 months had no conversation with senior management on improvement, quality productivity, or help with employee beside accusation. They are expecting to have L1 do the L3 work with L1 salary. I am thankful to be gone and advise others to stay away from this place. They do NOT reward loyalty, hard work, or talk/plan career development. If you join this company, you WILL BE MISERABLE. Save yourself from the trouble and keep looking for something else.
Quite pleased with Wipro Leadership. Very understanding and professional.
Client Partner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2019
Very noble thoughts. No unprofessional language. Very respectful of my position. Moderate to good empowerment to do my job. Very reasonable and understanding manager (Mahesh). I am really thankful to him.
Lies lies lies
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GANovember 5, 2019
my group was laid off with little to no notice will literally 2 weeks to notice we were taking to a room and was told by people in Pune India that the contract is ending. After that time they said they will find placement. Out of 11 of us are the contract 8 we're left with no jobs. When you get the job they say that the contract is temporary but your employment with Wipro is permanent. Lies lies lies. It will not put anything on paper. They do not want to track record. Not the best place to go
Great Place to work
Global Client Partner (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 3, 2019
Work culture is very open and given complete autonomy to make decisions, a result-oriented organization with full support to enhance the knowledge and support to excel.
All about favoritism
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 31, 2019
If you’re not someone who is well liked you will never move up in this company .. Raises never happen no matter how good you are at your job.. and they praise the people who slack off and don’t care about their jobs but ignore the good employees
Amazing team
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2019
Amazing company with great team
Great supportive system
More rooms for growth
Excellent team
Nice environment to work
Great staff company
Room for careers
Very Toxic Work Environment Management has no Control
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2019
This Is A Very Toxic Work Environment, Management has no control, It's Infested with Bed Bugs, Dekalb County Police is Always there because you never know when a fight is going to break out....Yeah it's like that.
If you are into IT or coding, it might be for you. If you are an engineer, not so much
Project Engineer, under contract (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 29, 2019
This company is based primarily around coding and IT work. I was brought in because I had previously worked with the client as a contract Mechanical Engineer and Wipro wanted to get a foot in the door. I was out of sight and out of mind.

Unless I was unable to enter my hours or not getting paid, I had almost zero contact with my actual employer. In four years, I had exactly one evaluation. I had much better feedback from the client with weekly meetings on project status, feedback and even certificates of recognition.

When Wipro was not given preferred supplier status (I was the only employee working for the client at the time) they unceremoniously allowed my contract to expire. I was fed one story and the client was fed another. I had to force Wipro to put down in writing exactly why my contract wasn't renewed. It took my paper trail and the client's paper trail to force them to come clean.

When a company that prides itself on its computing and coding skills can't manage to get payroll right and even forces an employee to go a month without pay because of a 'glitch', then I find the skill level of their bread and butter to be suspect.
Repetitive and irritating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2019
The first time I became stressed with production. Scoring you for your performance was based on the performance of the online technician or the in store technician most bad scored ratings were never because of you but you take the blame
Bad working Environment with less hikes
Big Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 23, 2019
No appreciations from managers for the work done and got 0 percent hike for 3 consecutive years even you do good work. Bad work place with short breaks or no breaks.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 20, 2019
Wipro is a great place for any new beginner to start on with. Very supportive environment to grow professionally and personally. The Teams I have been are very good and helpful and supportive.
Management was not very professial; displayed favortism in promoting, gift giving, OT and bonus opportunity
Data Loading Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2019
Atlanta GA - not culturally diverse, management both onsite and off seemed extremely unprofessional....is suited to favor younger mindset.....with company being based out of India caused major functional problems.....years later every payday there are still at least a dozen people who dont get their paycheck....suspicious.....
Pros
Cons
Pay, loss of paychecks, immature and insensitive management, bedbug contamination
Wipro rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2019
Wipro is a very nice job real good atmosphere and able to work in a real good environment with the employees but the company is inconsistent when it comes to rules.
Middle of the road place to work
Practice Partner (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 17, 2019
Generally felt disorganized with some business processes not up to the standards of American companies. Functioned as an Indian pure play, that is get the jobs to India or bring Indians to America to perform the work on H1B visas at lower wages than American citizens. Most westerners are in consulting groups. The Indian managers are hierarchical which hinders communications.
Pros
Good clients, challenging work, quarterly bonus
Cons
Inadequate expense schedules for hotels, meals, travel and lack of corpor credit cards. Employees had to use their own.
Wipro is not the best company to work for but they do have great benefits.
CS/Floor Support/Supervisor/QA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2019
Wipro's culture changed when management and HR changed. It went from great to very bad. The HR department drastically changed the culture by implementing new confusing rules
Benefits
Cons
Getting fired for little things
too big and not very focused
Wipro has lost it's way and is no longer a thought leader in the digital consulting space. Projects are often commodity services that are not very inspiring.
I mainly worked with one of Wipro clients
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 16, 2019
I didn't have much experience working AT Wipro, I worked thru Wipro for one of their clients National Grid in Syracuse. The Syracuse office at that time seemed very unorganized, like it was a new branch just starting and they were trying to iron out the kinks and get everything in order. Then again that was also 7yrs ago so I would hope they've come a long way since then. I wish anyone who works there or will work there the best!
Good Company to Work with
Oracle Cloud ERP Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2019
Good Company to Work with nice management and well defined process . Good Projects and career opportunity with lots of onsite . Defined Salary structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wipro. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K
45.4K
33.1K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss