Wireless Advocates Employee Reviews

Interaction with customers was great.
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2018
Wireless Advocates was a good part time job.The commissions were very attainable. The management was their for support whenever you needed it , whether face to face or cell phone or email , they were very supportive.
productive and professional workplace
WIRELESS SALES EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 19, 2018
Working for the company over the years has giving me more experience and knowledge alongside working with different wireless providers. I've learned a lot about the products and plans for all service providers. What I enjoyed most was meeting different people and building a rapport.
Pros
contests between the different carriers
Cons
healthcare and pay structure
Wonderful work place
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJune 16, 2018
amazing company to work for If you can work for them i suggest you should. They were amazing to me not just as an employee but as a human. I would 100% recommend WA
high turnover rates
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 9, 2018
this job can be your last chance if you don't find any other jobs out there, the turnover rate is too high in this company and the last person to be cared about is the employee, they set unrealistic monthly sales targets which you hardly can achieve with such customers inside costco.
Bad pay and stressful enviroment
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne californiaJune 6, 2018
Horrible company they stress you out about hitting your expected metrics. Management is useless district managers change anually. Commission structure is almost crimina.
My kiosk wasn't the best
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 3, 2018
I did well, but management killed the work environment. I was a not given the flexibility I needed as a full time student, and neither was another of my colleagues. We worked hard and I was in the top percentage of district, but it did not really present much reward other than my paycheck being nice due to my commission in sales.
Okay job
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 2, 2018
Wireless Advocates was fun at first but kinda changed since. Company has changed the commission structure and reason there such a high turn over rate with this company .

I enjoyed most of my co workers and majority of my customers
Pros
Off major holidays .
Cons
Pay . High turnover rate . Lack of inventory . Standing whole shift
Filing paperwork but learned more about excel spreadsheets
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
A typical day at Wireless Advocates would be arranging the sales invoices, putting them in an excel spreadsheet and filing them.
I learned more excel, outlook, word and other Microsoft programs. The manager was very nice and helpful. She is very approachable.
In the workplace, people have been my friends and they are fun to chat with. The hardest part of the job would be to carry 35 lbs of invoices and to look for lost invoices. The most enjoyable part would be learning more about using excel spreadsheet and mathematical formulas.
Entry Level Job, Poor Management
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 29, 2018
I worked for this company for 1 year. I was a top producer the entire time. You literally stand on Costco Cement all day and get asked "where can I find this" about 100 times a day. Pay was changed that hurts great sales people and helps bottom feeders. Managers are an absolute joke. You receive ABSOLUTELY ZERO TRAINING from any management. Zero opportunity for advancement. EXPENSIVE benefits.
Pros
Costco samples
Cons
Horrible management, entitled Costco members, vacation always denied, always short staffed, low pay
Learning of sales
Wireless expert (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 27, 2018
Wireless advocates is where I really learned hwo to sell phones and had a competitve comission pay. It also made me a little bit more out spoken and start talking to customers. The comission pay was very hard for me but I love trying to help people and figure out their problems.
Pros
lunches, comission
Cons
hourly pay, no partime benefits
At your pace type of job.
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 21, 2018
Lack of communication and leadership is hard to work with. The manager would never take on full responsibility and would constantly act like a child and ignore your concerns if you didn't understand something.
Pros
your working inside Costco so free food.
This place sucks
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 19, 2018
Very little career advancement, minimal pay, hourly OR commission. Management only has it out for herself and advancing her career, doesn’t really care about the needs of her employees.
Great workplace with great coworkers
Seasonal Greeter (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 15, 2018
Management was great. Clear, concise, and great environment to learn and work in. I enjoyed being able to provide insight to customers about wireless products and sales.
work
Mobile Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 14, 2018
flexible job with a lot of opportunity to grow within the company and very well operated. you will need to put in the work and make sure the work is done. be your own boss
Great Place to work
Escalation Resolution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2018
I absolutely love working for Wireless Advocates. I have the options of being able to wear different hats on behalf of the company. You have great external partners with Costco and the Military channels.
Pros
Opportunity for Advancements
Cons
High Paced
Was a good job place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 8, 2018
Manager was not there often but she had medical issues so can’t hold that against her but she played that card for customers to feel sorry for her which I thought was shady when she was not there the associates thought we got more work done very determined to hit numbers and goals not for us to get paid but for her to get a bigger bonus based on medical bills she needed to pay the higher up you got the better the company got just lack of room to grow in local area liked the job liked the district manager and higher loved that I got to travel to help teach other stores to sell better with learning all about the customer and making there day
Not a bad place to have a first job
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 6, 2018
decent place to get some experience selling, not much opportunity for advancement, pay was ok, not great may depend on specific location and manager as far as flexibility of scheudle
it was a good job for years
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCMay 3, 2018
it was a good job for years, until they made changes to pay last year. after all the pay cuts and adjustments it started not being worth working there.
good not great
Wireless Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAApril 20, 2018
Great place to work and learn new carriers and phones. The use all major carriers now so it's a lot to learn along with all the ops things but great overall.
Wireless advocates
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 15, 2018
Nice place to work at your inside of Costco so you have people coming in to shop all the time. You will see a lot of people who seem really nice ----

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Advocates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight