Wireless Advocates Employee Reviews

This is not an easy place to work at...
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 29, 2018
When ever we have a problem with a customer no one wants to help. At the beginning of every month we have to set unrealistic goals and management is always pressuring to work more and to sale people things they don't need. They want you to be a sleazy phone salesmen but they don't wanna say it. I am not able to get benefits because I don't work full-time every week and they won't get us help at our kiosk because we are able to handle it on our own, but I am so tired of this routine of school, work, school, work, school every day for six days straight!
Cons
Stressful, long hours, Commision is messed up
Do Not Work here. . very stressful.
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 27, 2018
Working for wireless advocates is very tiring and stressful. When mistakes are made- which is very common working here management does not provide you with all the help you need. It's ridiculous.. There is also very little opportunity for advancement. Employees are leaving left and right because it's a terrible place to work.

Basically all the trouble you are going to go though working here is not worth it for such little pay. ( $9.50)

Benefits
~Major holidays off
~Discount on phone bill
~Costco food samples
Pros
discount on phone bill and costco food samples
Cons
lack of help, rude costco employees, and no benefits for part time
Advocates is a great learning foundation
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 4, 2018
The company is making a change in the right direction, looking at the changes and the overall direction and lay out of the company. Wireless Advocates is making strides to become a top employer. This will take time and effort, however the direction is clear and it will yield a strong prosperous company.
Pros
Flexibility, Culture Change, and attempting to raise the bar
Cons
Need to allow a task to develop and take shape before making changes and too reactionary.
Very little loyalty towards employees, but good pay
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 18, 2018
Company does not have your back
Pay is great as an entry level position
Safe physical environment
Sales focused and competitive
Often difficult to be made full time to receive benefits
Sometimes threatened when not meeting goals
Pros
Discounted cell phone plans
Cons
Reluctant to give full time. Management is often unwilling to provide assistance
Nice place But On the job Training was not Consistent
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIAugust 12, 2018
Typical Work day- open email set everything up; do inventory 3xs a day and catch up on any online training. I like to be knowledgeable about products so study all carriers and brands.
My location doesnt have a manager so training was rough. I really didnt feel confident being left alone after the first week. I still have so many questions. I think there is a huge issue when you only have 2 workers who are both brand new and have very little knowledge about the system.
I would recommend a training standard. I have personally made documents that help explain the system way more than documents provided by the company to help newer employees. Maybe online training that would help with a "dummy" sale/return/port-in numbers. More information on carriers plans for example t-mobiles carrier freedom.
Pros
Small Company, work with multiple carriers, commission+hourly, offers benefits
Cons
No management, low training standards, old system software
Can be a decent place to work as long as the right pieces are in place
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
I just feel it's hard to succeed when leadership from the top isnt held to a higher standard as much as I've done for the company and alot of other people have done some of us was not rewarded for the hard work and efforts. I've been with the company for 8 years and have only had maybe 2 raises, and one came from the company and state raising the minimum wage
Pros
Youre allowed to work but it really depends on the type of manager you have
Cons
Lack of leadership and accountability from the top sometimes, we never got the true support that was needed to make sure we were successful
Entry Level Job, Poor Management
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 29, 2018
I worked for this company for 1 year. I was a top producer the entire time. You literally stand on Costco Cement all day and get asked "where can I find this" about 100 times a day. Pay was changed that hurts great sales people and helps bottom feeders. Managers are an absolute joke. You receive ABSOLUTELY ZERO TRAINING from any management. Zero opportunity for advancement. EXPENSIVE benefits.
Pros
Costco samples
Cons
Horrible management, entitled Costco members, vacation always denied, always short staffed, low pay
Do not work here
Planner/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2018
Corporate headquarters is run by managers with poor people skills. Mistakes are common--when they happen, management does not provide coaching or mentoring--they just throw people under the bus instead of taking responsibility for their lack of direction and follow through. There is also very little opportunity for advancement. Employees are leaving left and right because it's a terrible place to work.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor management, lack of development or opportunity for advancement
Horrible Place To Work
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAAugust 28, 2018
Management was horrible! Hours and pay was also horrible, had to work almost 90 hours to receive $600 in two weeks time! I wouldn’t refer this job to no one! No career advancement or anything! Work 7 Days a week. No one on one training, mostly all is on computer.
Pros
Learn more than one phone carrier.
Cons
Short breaks, no hours, pay is worthless, management is horrible.
Good company to work for
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2018
Good work culture, nice work environment, valuable learning opportunities. The business encourages employees to learn and grow as they gain experience. The company has great core values and the office building provides a great place to work!
Pros
Culture, work environment, business challenges
Cons
Wages below market value, old management styles

Want to know more about Wireless Advocates?

Ask a question
productive and good work environment
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day at work was filled with priorities of the job and being prepared for the next customer.

I learned how to priorities, how to be punctual, how you should always work with integrity and how to treat others the way you would like to be treated.

The culture was results orientation, responsibility and accountability and learning opportunities.

The hardest part of the job was challenging yourself every day to go above and beyond every day duties.

Helping people by providing the best customer service along with the best sale experience and making sure everyone is happy and satisfied with there visit.
Very catty and unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lemoore Naval Air Station, CAOctober 10, 2018
Management is very poor, lack of communication. It seems like at this particular location traffic is very minimal and current employees are miserable individuals, started the job under false pretenses and full time is about 30 hours or less and is actully based on sales. So fulltime isn’t really fulltime. I wouldn’t recommend this location for experienced sales people. Great first job maybe.
Pros
Cons
Catty, management, lack of hours
bad management
Wireless Manager (Current Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJuly 24, 2018
long work hours, many things expected to get done with no support or proper training on select tasks. work life balance is non existent and employee well being is no concern
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad management
Reactive
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 4, 2018
Wireless Advocates is a great opportunity for junior sales professionals to develop rudimentary skill sets within the wireless industry. There is a lot of turn over, thus a lot of opportunity for young professionals to advance their career. Unfortunately, the higher you go up the ladder, the worse your experience with the company becomes. I would recommend Wireless Advocates to a young sales professional looking to advance however would not recommend Wireless Advocates to any veteran career professionals for these reasons.
Over work you
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
Wireless advocate over worked me open to close some days with no lunch and only got one commission witch was $15. I went over a months not submitting my sales do to the fact that the system wasn’t working and I was blame for it and I reached out to management millions of time and Costco treats wireless advocates employers really bad. Wireless advocate is a joke and should be closed down.
The job itself is fine, corporate is not.
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJJune 28, 2018
The job itself is very straight-forward, fun, and simple, but the expectation is unreasonable for low-volume stores. We were recently introduced a new "minimum standard" which can quickly lead to termination for low-volume stores. Those above the district manager are expecting too much and giving too little for us. The unnecessary stress being imposed on us makes the job far less enjoyable and is the cause for the terrible turnover.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management that doesn't consider smaller stores, constant threats of termination
Fun and productive
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
Getting to meet someone new is always great the team members are great and the management is a bit strict but when they want you to succeed in life and in the business any one could be too I have absolutely loved my time working for wireless advocates
Fast pace job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 17, 2018
Overall wireless advocates was a great place to work. I did not work there long as it was part time, but I enjoyed our manager who was always pleasant and ready to sell! The culture of the company is driven and on a mission. I learned a lot from activating cellphones, transferring data from phone to phone, and learning the interfaces activation systems. Such as, At&t, Sprint, Verizon, and T-mobile.
Pros
Two paid 15 min breaks and a 30 min
Cons
no healthcare for part time
Hard work with barley no commision
Dover AFB. Worked as a sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 2, 2018
CEO was very upset about having no sales, base is not very bust anymore and were in the back where no one knows where we are. Our commission was not at all good. We barely had any clients and management scheduled based on there schedule not on anyone else's.
This place sucks
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 19, 2018
Very little career advancement, minimal pay, hourly OR commission. Management only has it out for herself and advancing her career, doesn’t really care about the needs of her employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Advocates. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight