Wireless Advocates Employee Reviews

Wireless Advocates
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  San JoseAugust 14, 2018
I learned many new things, How to create new services under all major cell phone providers for customers. Customer service was a huge skill i learned,
more development
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2018
I did not want to do a review on this company thank you and i just trying to fill out application and did not want to be on any site thank you for your time
Nice place But On the job Training was not Consistent
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIAugust 12, 2018
Typical Work day- open email set everything up; do inventory 3xs a day and catch up on any online training. I like to be knowledgeable about products so study all carriers and brands.
My location doesnt have a manager so training was rough. I really didnt feel confident being left alone after the first week. I still have so many questions. I think there is a huge issue when you only have 2 workers who are both brand new and have very little knowledge about the system.
I would recommend a training standard. I have personally made documents that help explain the system way more than documents provided by the company to help newer employees. Maybe online training that would help with a "dummy" sale/return/port-in numbers. More information on carriers plans for example t-mobiles carrier freedom.
Pros
Small Company, work with multiple carriers, commission+hourly, offers benefits
Cons
No management, low training standards, old system software
Can be a decent place to work as long as the right pieces are in place
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
I just feel it's hard to succeed when leadership from the top isnt held to a higher standard as much as I've done for the company and alot of other people have done some of us was not rewarded for the hard work and efforts. I've been with the company for 8 years and have only had maybe 2 raises, and one came from the company and state raising the minimum wage
Pros
Youre allowed to work but it really depends on the type of manager you have
Cons
Lack of leadership and accountability from the top sometimes, we never got the true support that was needed to make sure we were successful
Reactive
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 4, 2018
Wireless Advocates is a great opportunity for junior sales professionals to develop rudimentary skill sets within the wireless industry. There is a lot of turn over, thus a lot of opportunity for young professionals to advance their career. Unfortunately, the higher you go up the ladder, the worse your experience with the company becomes. I would recommend Wireless Advocates to a young sales professional looking to advance however would not recommend Wireless Advocates to any veteran career professionals for these reasons.
Never enough staff
Kiosk Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILAugust 3, 2018
Very tiring. Stressful. Not enough help. Working open to close. A benefit is being in Costco. So holidays are off. Training is really not up to date. Should be better programs for teaching.
Great company to work for!
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 1, 2018
As long as you are a self starter and are motivated to do your best you will succeed in this company. Slackers will be noticed and hard workers will be rewarded.
Very stressful
Senior Wireless Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJuly 30, 2018
Extremely stressful with poor management support. Lack of communication and loyalty to the company. Difficult to staff locations and maintain staff with pay structure.
Do not work here
Planner/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2018
Corporate headquarters is run by managers with poor people skills. Mistakes are common--when they happen, management does not provide coaching or mentoring--they just throw people under the bus instead of taking responsibility for their lack of direction and follow through. There is also very little opportunity for advancement. Employees are leaving left and right because it's a terrible place to work.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor management, lack of development or opportunity for advancement
Okay for collage students.
Wireless Expert (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 24, 2018
Okay for collage students. Its a good place to get into sales. Low pay and benefits. Can be fun if you have friendly co-workers and a nice manager. Costco is a safe and clean environment to work in.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Low pay
bad management
Wireless Manager (Current Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJuly 24, 2018
long work hours, many things expected to get done with no support or proper training on select tasks. work life balance is non existent and employee well being is no concern
Pros
decent pay
Cons
bad management
Horrible
Wireless sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11252July 22, 2018
This place isn’t that great to work for. Sales are pretty slow and management doesn’t understand. Kiosk falling apart and no help with repairs or new kiosk.
Pros
Cons
Low pay.
Negative
Temporary Full Time Wireless Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJuly 21, 2018
I worked with the company for 3 years to have management look the other way with customer issues and requests for time off. Company did not care about the wellbeing of their employees. Company issued no recognition for positive or negative customer feedback. Company promoted unhealthy competition among employees.
Fast pace job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 17, 2018
Overall wireless advocates was a great place to work. I did not work there long as it was part time, but I enjoyed our manager who was always pleasant and ready to sell! The culture of the company is driven and on a mission. I learned a lot from activating cellphones, transferring data from phone to phone, and learning the interfaces activation systems. Such as, At&t, Sprint, Verizon, and T-mobile.
Pros
Two paid 15 min breaks and a 30 min
Cons
no healthcare for part time
More thorough training needed
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 16, 2018
Nice environment to work in, but this company needs more organization and proper training. Their system needs to be more supportive of their employees as well as more efforts to give customers a pain free experience and insuring customers get the deals they came for.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Needs seating, customers need to always be promptly given what is advertised.
Wireless Advocates
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJuly 10, 2018
Managed customer accounts up sold on accessories and devices upgrade and offered incentives for doing business with wireless advocates offered huge discounts with proper presentation
Very productive workplace
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYJuly 10, 2018
It's a blast ,i love to talk to poeple and help them solve any problems or concerns regarding their cell phone services. Also it gives you the opportunity to suggest positive solutjons for each customer.
Pros
Discount on phone bill
Cons
Commision not structured well
very productive and friendly workplace
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2018
working at the company you lear how to communicate in different ways with customers based other needs.
a typical workday consists of online trainings learning about new and current policies and new products coming in.
interaction with thousands of customers to help them answer their questions in regards to their service they're using and about the current product that they're using
also helping fellow coworkers with their sales and train new employees and be there to answer any questions or concerns they might have about the company, sales, services, products, etc.
they are very flexible with weekly schedules and time off requests
they pay hourly plus commission and if you make your goal for the month in sales you get a bonus.
very friendly workplace with friendly and enthusiastic people
The job itself is fine, corporate is not.
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJJune 28, 2018
The job itself is very straight-forward, fun, and simple, but the expectation is unreasonable for low-volume stores. We were recently introduced a new "minimum standard" which can quickly lead to termination for low-volume stores. Those above the district manager are expecting too much and giving too little for us. The unnecessary stress being imposed on us makes the job far less enjoyable and is the cause for the terrible turnover.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management that doesn't consider smaller stores, constant threats of termination
n.a
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 26, 2018
don't work here!he pay says $12-$14 but that's min wage plus commissions. if not in a well known area this the not the job for you. This job will only work if you in a popular area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Advocates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight