Wireless Advocates Employee Reviews

Good starting pay and commissions
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Wireless Advocates is a fun place to work and they offer superior health benefits along with highly competitive compensation. I love working here! I recommend working here to others.
Pros
Caring District Managers
Cons
Stressful sales environment. Long hrs
Poor management and bad incentives
Wireless Expert (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 14, 2019
The management team barely had a grasp of sales, and were extremely rude. Most of the already scarce employees were run off. The only device plans we could sell were full two year contract plans with top end thousand dollar phones but the amount you made off of each sale to the amount of commitment the buyer had to put in to make the sale was vastly disproportionate.

They were also known for understaffing locations then working part time employees as full time, or full time employees as management while not giving them the benefits of those positions.
Friendly work environment
Senior Level Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2019
Both pet friendly and people friendly. Focused on targets and achieving results. Provided several opportunities to learn and grow. One of the few downtown employers providing free parking as a perk.
Interesting place to work
Wireless Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 9, 2019
Unfortunately there is no support system. You are forced to figure out how to do your job successfully on your own. If you aren't the type of person that likes to kiss up to your superiors, you can forget about a career. There is no training, except videos that are a waste of time. All the awesome "benefits" you see only apply to people that work at headquarters. The only benefits you receive, in their eyes, is having a job. Work life balance is terrible. If you need a job and this is your only option, come to work and just do your job. Do not do anything extra because they will take advantage of you and claim it is for your "development".
Pros
Carrier Discounts
No manager, no help. Left on your own much of the time.
Wireless Advocate Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2019
Could have been better with assistant from knowledgeable coworkers.
Small Base, only Army personnel allowed on the Base, made it hard to sell items to only a few.
Pros
Cons
No help.
Don't do it
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 8, 2019
Honestly, it was a great experience. The pay was good, the atmosphere was okay. However, the work environment could have been better. Just wished they hired better management.
Pros
Commission
Cons
competitive and friendly sales environment
Wireless Expert and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 8, 2019
great work place culture and gives you the opportunity to learn multiple different skills including management and salesmanship. A typical day at work would be helping customers with purchases and providing technical support
Terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Management is absolutely terrible. The new hires are disrespectful and nothing is done about it. Management is unfair and disrespectful as well. My manager can leave whenever they want and so can the new hire BUT NO ONE GETS IN TROUBLE ABOUT IT! I call our once due to weather and I get crucified for it. Overall terrible company
Pros
Discounts
Work Life
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2019
Good work life balance! You can make some pretty good money if you are not shy to get out and talk to people and be energized and motivated to talk to people and ask for the sale.
Dish Network Sales
Dish Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 21, 2019
I am not the best closer, but overall I don't believe most members of Costco want to hear the sales pitch for any television providers. If you are good at sales, not a bad job.
Pay is just good enough but not worth it
WIRELESS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 19, 2019
I have worked for Wireless Advocates ( in the military channel) for almost three years and honestly the only reason I haven't left is due to the fact that the pay is JUST good enough. This company does pay hourly with commission but the way that the employees in the kiosks are treated makes the money almost not worth it. Almost 99% of the communication had between upper management and us working in the kiosks is negative which makes it seem like nothing we do is ever good enough so why try?
The sales goals the company sets are not always realistic and it is quite obvious that the people setting these goals have never worked in a kiosk and don't understand how anything within the military channel runs.
Most of the district managers that I have encountered have never worked in a kiosk within the company and therefor do not understand how to use any of the companies systems, which can be very frustrating if any help is needed.
The district that I work in has an incredibly hire turnover rate causing kiosks to be drastically understaffed. While the kiosks are understaffed, new people are being brought in and not being given the proper training that they need to succeed due to managers being too overworked. This just causes reps to not meet sales standards or to quit which keeps kiosks in a vicious cycle of being understaffed and over worked.
As a manager the company asks too much from you with little given in return.
As I said, I have been working for this company, within this district, for almost three years, and as it stands, from about 60 employees within the district,
  more... only one of them was employed when I started.
Overall, I would not recommend this company to anyone unless you are just trying to get by and make a little bit of extra money more than minimum wage, just know that that extra money will come with a lot of extra stress.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Wireless advocates is a great place to work and learn new things that prepare you for other fields that you may want to venture into. This also helps you prepare for the new generation of electronics so we dont get lost in the electronic world
Not Fun
Mobile Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 14, 2019
This job was okay. I didn't do much of anything. People did not come to gets phones out of staples often. It was a new thing then, not sure what is happening now.
Pros
NO Pros
Cons
NO Cons
Terrible
Wireless sales representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJanuary 9, 2019
The management is terrible! They play favorites and they make it impossible for you to go to school or work a second job unless your are friends with the management. If you are friends with the management then you can leave work whenever you want and still get paid and do whatever you want including taking paid vacations whenever. The company is not family oriented at all so if you have a family and you work here forget they even exist. You get threats by other employees and management all the time if you do not hit your budget and they threaten to fire you. They give opportunities to travel, but only if you are buddy buddy with the management. The DMs do not care about their employees and do nothing to help if the systems are down. Need a day off for an appointment or call in because you are sick and have a doctors note be prepared to get written up or lose your job.
Pros
Discount on your phone bill
Cons
Terrible management, Bad pay, Terrible coworkers
Customer service at its best
MOBILE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2019
Loved the knowledge i gained with carrier issues that i myself have gone thorough and would call for basic customer service. Grateful to use that training till this day with my own mobile phone issues .
Pros
Discount Plans With Phone Carrier
Cons
n/a
wireless outlet
Cellular Phone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 2, 2019
8 hour work day. Worked at kiosk at Costco selling cell service for Verizon,T-Mobile, Sprint, Disk. This was a walk in business with some Costco limitations were followed.
Management Doesn't Care
Kiosk Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasDecember 28, 2018
Management doesn't care about you. You are only there to help them make money. The district managers and regional directors only want one thing from you:hit budget. If you don't do that everyday then they look for a way to get rid of you. They only promote those that are willing to do everything that they ask with no room for independent thought. Also don't even begin to think about family time. You'll never get any of it. Terrible place to work at least with the current managers in place.
Very cool place to work but the payscale sucks.
Wireless Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 23, 2018
You have to sell more than your hourly to get commission. Meaning that if i work 8 hours i have to sell like 4 phones to get commission for that day. If i miss a day of commission then my month is screwed. Yup you have to do this every day you work constantly or you dont get commission. Either you get a big check when there are good promotions or you get screwed if you dont sell as much one day.. Full timers get punished while part timers make bank.
Pros
Fun, great experience
Cons
Pay sucks, Standing all day, confrence calls on your days off, sales goals are too unrealistic
Not a family oriented company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDDecember 20, 2018
Low paying job. They don't care about you or your family. The only thing that matters is that you meet quota and make sales. I understand this is a job but they fail to understand that things happen. Unexpected things happen in life and the DM expects you to have a plan for everything. This company has a very high turn over rate.
Pros
Cons
poor business practices
This is not an easy place to work at...
Wireless Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 29, 2018
When ever we have a problem with a customer no one wants to help. At the beginning of every month we have to set unrealistic goals and management is always pressuring to work more and to sale people things they don't need. They want you to be a sleazy phone salesmen but they don't wanna say it. I am not able to get benefits because I don't work full-time every week and they won't get us help at our kiosk because we are able to handle it on our own, but I am so tired of this routine of school, work, school, work, school every day for six days straight!
Cons
Stressful, long hours, Commision is messed up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Advocates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight