Wireless Advocates
51Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Wireless Advocates Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
Lots of turnover and not much in the way of advancing (either you're a regular salesperson or some sort of manager,) however it provided flexible hours and good sales experience, which made it a good place to work while in college.
I would work over 80 hours a week for this company. I'd come into work at 8am and leave at 10pm. Id get yelled at for taking breaks (forget about a lunch break) and there is zero support or training. You're told to just hound customers over and just kept hoping them around the 4 phone providers. If something was messed up for the customer no one could or knew how to help as we arent trained by the actually company we sell for.
Wireless advocates is a company that will give you a raise and change the commission pay scale so that commission is just far enough just your finger tips touch it. As long as you hit your budget every month your fine but if you miss your budget by even one phone they’re are already looking to replace you this is why they are always hiring. Turn over rate it threw the roof. Company is a joke and never has inventory
flexible job with a lot of opportunity to grow within the company and very well operated. you will need to put in the work and make sure the work is done. be your own boss
high turnover rate, a lot of bad training and management on the corporate level, cared more about their shareholders than employees. did the best job I could do with little to no support from the district manager.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Managerial duties with requirements to sell as a sales representative and meet a monthly quota.
Pros
Variety of wireless companies
Cons
Hard to keep staff
after working here for a few months there seemed to not be any way to move ahead in the company. there was no goal or motivation for my hard work, and I could not see myself working there full time.
Pros
having a job
Cons
short breaks
I am working for TJMax as a cashier/clerk for year. I learned customer service skills and recovery skills ( stocking). Co-workers have great personalities. The manager and HR manager are so nice to employees.
Pros
Help to improve customer skills
Cons
Lack of caring employee's benefits
its an ok compnay , not a good place to have it wireless in staples
Being that I worked in a kiosk and manged yself on a day to day basis communication between management should have been better overall a decent job
A typical day at work would consist of me seeing the plan-o-gram and making sure that the mobile department was arranged correctly according the plan-o-gram. I also reviewed the prices of the phones and accessories before beginning work. I would print out the fliers and pass them out to any customers inside of Staples. I would engage in conversation trying to steer them to the mobile department in order to buy a phone or accessory. Very seldom did I actually work with a co-worker. My manager would stop by seldom as well, but was accessible by making a phone call. The hardest part of the job was creating awareness that Staples carries mobile phones. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to keep up to date with mobile phone technology.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no employee discount, no cash handling experience
The company was OK to work at. I basically had to sell phones. There was usually only one shift from 10 am to 7 pm.