Wireless World Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work if you have a good manager and district manager
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waseca, MN & Fairmont, MNAugust 15, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Wireless Wolrd, they pay a decent hourly wage with very good commission. They also pay you to read books and encourage further learning. The area trainers are awesome and very helpful when first starting out in sales. The owners are very hands-on (in a good way) and visit all the stores yearly. If you get a chance to make it to the yearly summit, do it, it is a very cool experience.
August 16, 2019

Thank you for your review! Just remember one of Wireless World's core values, You are Valued!~Team members are an essential piece to our success.

Poor management leads to awkward and hostile environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJune 5, 2019
Poor management running this store. Only apply if you enjoy being stressed due to a poor mother daughter management team that talks behind your back and creates a negative work environment. No use going above their heads to dm as nothing will be done about it anyway. Will just result in them forcing you out by making you hate your life.
Pros
Compensation
June 18, 2019

Thanks for your feedback and let me apologize that your experience with us wasn't optimal.
Our Aberdeen store is one of the most successful stores at Wireless World and that is in large part due to the management team. When it comes to coaching and accountability, this team lives and breathes it. They give you chance after chance to be successful. In the end, some don't enjoy that environment.
As one of our Top 5 stores out of 43, our Aberdeen employees know they can be successful by Doing What is Right to Improve Lives -- out guests' and their own. And, some of our longest tenured employees work here. That's something to be proud of.

Great Workplace
Repair & Sales of cellular phones and accessories (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Good Workplace to work & learn & grow.
Flexible scheduling and work with school schedule. on job training.
work and life balance
rotating shifts , rotating weekends off
April 22, 2019

Not sure who you worked for as Wireless World is serving guests in South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin. But, all the same, thank you for the positive comments.

Sucky place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 17, 2019
This company is a joke. Not honest with customers or staff. Training is also a joke. Dont work or shop for this employer. This company likes to hire teenages and is not very businesslike.
January 30, 2019

We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity, which are two of our core values. We do take our training very seriously, and offer many opportunities to learn and grow along the way including a formal 5-week training program for all new hires. Employees have access every day to trainers, managers, and owners to let them know when something isn't enough for them and to receiving coaching where needed. Being a Sales Associate can be a tough job and, it's not for everyone. For those who do well, the rewards are high. By the way, our average age is 30 for all sales staff and only 8 employees under the age of 20 across all five states.

Great workplace
Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2018
Fun, productive workplace. Would recommend. Always encourages betterment of self and that is why I clicked with this company. I would encourage any young person to go there, it was my first job.
December 18, 2018

Love seeing these comments! Don't know which location you worked at as we are located in South Dakota, and have locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska.

December 18, 2018

Love these comments, however, I can't tell if you worked in Florida or elsewhere. Wireless World is serving guests in South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin.

One of the best companies to work for!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNAugust 15, 2018
Great work environment with many opportunities for Growth! The leadership is amazing at this company and they value all their employees. Very good learning experience.
December 18, 2018

Thank you so much for the review! It's wonderful seeing our employees feeling valued at their position!

Bad managers, but great owners
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  River Falls, WIAugust 15, 2018
Management is very mismanaged. Micromanaging runs rampant and it seems like there is more support from the owners then the managers/district managers. The management doesn't care about individuals money, just on the store goals. They could care less if you make money, as long as they get their goals. If you want a place that will pass you over for politics, this is the place. If you want to have a chance to make money but get belittled after every sale you don't do good enough in their eyes, then this is for you. If you want to consistently work 8 to 9 day weeks with 1 day break, then apply here.
Pros
Good commission structure
Cons
Management, micromanaging, bad support, just a negative environment in general
December 18, 2018

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at our River Falls location. We value our employees and the time they put in. While in a sales position, sales goals are always important, but respect is also important. I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to see how we could work together. Good luck on your future endeavors!

sales reo
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJune 20, 2018
sold verizon wireless phones adn teh occasional add on. traveled to trainings to learn about the products , worked asa store to get number management wanted
December 18, 2018

Thank you for your comments! We love being able to train our staff on the latest Verizon products!

Fast Paced, Ever-Changing Career Opportunity
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 31, 2018
Wireless World is a retail sales company. You work everyday to help guests with their wireless needs. Organization and communication are a must in this environment. Smartphones, tablets, smart watches, accessories and more are sold on a daily basis. You are expected to discover and recommend the best solutions for your guest. It is heavily focused on sales results but the company culture does focus on work-life balance and growing/developing yourself. If you want a challenging and dynamic work environment then this company is for you.
Pros
Pay, Company Culture, Leadership
Cons
Hours, Work Holidays
December 18, 2018

What a great description of what we are and what we believe! It's always a value to us find those individuals that can keep up with our fast paced technology and put it in the hands of the guest! Thank you for your feedback!

A Rewarding Career
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNMay 30, 2018
I've had the privilege of being employed by WW for 15 years now.
Every day this company gets better and better. The owners and leaders in this company are constantly looking for ways to improve, not just the business but what can they do to make it a better more comfortable place for people to work. The owners of this company make it their business to get to know the employees, and you know they truly care.
Wireless World offers a great training program, opportunities to grow and develop yourself, as well as earn a completely free vacation. It's a fun, fast paced environment where you get to meet and help a lot of people. Have some fun competition and earn a good living.
This is a company that empowers you, to be you.
December 18, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We value being able to help you grow in whatever ways we can! It's important that we work together so that our strengths, combined with your strengths continue to help us grow! It's because of great employees that we are able to do what we do today!

Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 30, 2018
Wireless World is a great company to work for with great owners ans managers who really care about your long term goals. Great job for those who enjoy being around people!
Pros
Great managers and friendly coworkers
Cons
Involves working weekends and some holidays
December 18, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our 1st Core Value is, ‘Customer Experience is Everything We Are’.

I am a lifer
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNMay 30, 2018
I have worked for Wireless World the past 4 years and every year is better than the next- the pay, the employees, the environment, the culture. I love everything the company promotes and the lives we touch on a regular basis to keep people connected on their devices. Our ownership takes into consideration our opinions, values, beliefs, and ideas to make this company continue to improve in every aspect. I can't tell you the amount of blessings I have received from being employed at Wireless World and I will recommend them time and time again. If you're not working here, you are truly missing out on so many opportunities.
Pros
paid to read books, self improvement/leadership trainings, great benefits, very competitive pay
January 7, 2019

Thank you so much for the review! It's wonderful having employees that want to learn and grow with us! We love being able to promote growth and it's fantastic that you're taking advantage of all the programs that we have in place!

Best Place I Have Ever Worked
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern MinnesotaMay 30, 2018
I currently work at Wireless World and I thoroughly enjoy working here. I started 4 1/2 years ago at the time of this review and have had multiple opportunities to advance in the company, 4 of which I have taken advantage of. The culture is friendly and nurturing. I have learned many things from the managers I work with as well as the owners themselves.
January 7, 2019

Love seeing happy employees! We value being able to promote from within, and love being able to see our employees grow with us! Thank you for the wonderful words!

Amazing company that appreciates their employees and compensates them generously.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMay 30, 2018
Company culture is fantastic. They care about their customers and take care of their employees. Compensation is great, and there is always room for advancement within the company. You get to learn about the latest and greatest technology out there, interact with all kinds of people, work in a team environment with awesome people. Wireless World is a wonderful company to build a career with.
June 18, 2019

Love your comments about your career with Wireless World in Aberdeen, SD! Happy employees, happy customers.

Go Getters, Get Here!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chadron, NEMay 15, 2018
For the person who can self-start, be somewhat independent, and is ambitious to succeed, Wireless World is a wonderful place to work. You have to be able to adapt quickly and maintain a growth mindset. Commission is heavy and all the support and coaching is there to be everything you need to be in order to be successful here. If you want to show up for the salary/hourly and don't really want to sell anything, this is NOT the job for you. If you aren't all that experienced in sales but have a desire to learn and grow, please apply. We want you.

The benefits and career options/experience is so very much worth it. This can be so much more than just a job to pay the bills. It can be a meaningful and satisfying career with lots of opportunity to grow because the company WANTS you to grow.
Pros
Great commission structure, realistic goals, coaching/support in all levels, fun and collaborative environment.
Cons
you have to maintain your own motivation as no one can create that for you
Quick paced, hands on work environment
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMay 13, 2018
Company offers a lot of ways to help better yourself. Or offer the option to better yourself with a little bit of incentive. Everyone has been great to work with and has helped tremendously with learning the systems and different stipulations that are in this industry and company.
Pros
Fast paced, hands on
Cons
working with upset customers
Best job i have ever had!
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chadron, NEMay 12, 2018
I'm never NOT excite to come to work, every day brings new challenges and new learning experiences. Teamwork is a solid foundation of how we run this business. The harder you work the larger your paycheck!
Pros
Teamwork, leadership, growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNMay 10, 2018
Wireless World is a great place to work. Very good wages and career advancement. The management and owners are great to work with and you can tell they really appreciate the staff. This is by far the best place that I have ever worked.
Pros
Contests
Grow & Develop with Wireless World
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMay 10, 2018
If you’re looking to get paid for the quality and quantity of your work, apply at Wireless World. This is a selling job, not an order taker, and you are paid on commission.

This isn’t like every other sales job. At Wireless World you have guests walking in the door non-stop wanting to buy your product. Occasionally there will be some cold calling, or calling from a marketing produced call list. However, there’s never down time. I can’t remeber the last time I watched the clock while working at Wireless World.

If you produce, you win. Want a raise, work harder. You will be asked to work 8 hours/day, and 40 hours a week, nights and weekends.
Pros
Discount plans, accessories, and sales contests!
Excellent Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 9, 2018
Wireless World has an exceptional team building atmosphere. Management genuinely cares about their employees and the success of their business. I would highly recommend this job to anyone with a competitive mentality and the drive to succeed!
Pros
Free Lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless World. Our community is ready to answer.