Wireless World Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 16, 2018
Since i started my management has been amazing, the training i have received since i started has been top of the line, everyone is willing to help when ever i have questions, and just the support i have from other stores is amazing and very united as a company in whole.
A typical day with the store is fun and stress free with lots to learn. I have learned the day to day run of the store. My management is amazing and very helpful. the work place Culture is very down to earth and friendly, the hardest part of the job is learning all of the products but with the help of my team i am learning everything i need to know to do my job. The most enjoyable part about my job is that we work as a team and to hear from the customers how awesome are store is it makes me feel like i am a part of something bigger.
Pros
Amazing coworkers help you learn
Cons
Lots of studying
Store vs corporate
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNApril 16, 2018
Good people in the company.

They will adjust your pay scale constantly which is frustrating. It’s comission based sales in a retail environment so wide variety of customers to deal with.

My store was great but there’s a disconnect between store employees and management above single store locations.

Overall pretty good place though
Growth Development and Strong Culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 12, 2018
At Wireless World, culture and the core values are the backbone to this company. Management is all about growing and developing at all levels. Wireless World is a place where your work is rewarded and creates a work life balance.
Pros
Great management, growth Development, new hire training
Great Culture
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 9, 2018
Wireless World is an excellent company to work for. The ownership really cares about its employees, and if you are willing to put the work in you can get a lot out of it!
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNApril 9, 2018
I have managed stores for Wireless World for 11 years. I never thought of myself as a 'salesperson', but we are trained to be more like a guide, and not hard pressure sales. I love talking to people, and getting to know them.
Pros
Great money, I work with some pretty awesome people, I know that the owners and managers care about each other and their team
Cons
There can be some long days, but usually making good money too.
Great company where you can earn what you put in
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 8, 2018
Wireless World is an amazing company. I have worked in other Cell Phone companies and never been trusted as much as I am with Wireless World. The owners are engaged in their business and live their Core Values that they instill in us. Even though we aren't the biggest company in total outlets, we produce huge numbers and it's because of everyone in the company. Someone who is looking for a rewarding career and who wants to be successful should apply to work for Wireless World. We want people who want to be team players, but also want to be #1!
Pros
Unlimited Commission Potential, Fun Enviroment
Upbeat and fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNApril 8, 2018
Wireless World is a great place to work. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. You will get to know the owners on a first name basis and they truly take an interest in you. They are always helping you to grow and develop within the company as well as serve your community. They have a very upbeat environment within the stores with a healthy sense of competition. Our number one goal is to give the best customer experience possible and I truly feel like everything we do is centered on this core value.
Pros
excellent compensation, great benefits, opportunities to grow
Always learning and growing
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNApril 6, 2018
At wireless world you are constantly learning and growing. It is a very customer oriented company as Customer experience is everything. We strive to help guide the customers to make purchases that will best suite there needs. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Contests, Discounts, ability to make more money with more effort
Cons
Working weekends is required
Awesome company who truly cares about employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 6, 2018
Everyday is different, typically busy with changing promotions, guests and other factors. The management is awesome as they are well trained. The company is about 300 employees although you are known on a first name bases. The owners, district managers and area trainers are always willing to help out when there is an issue or if you are needing help. The most enjoyable part of the job is your pay is based on how much work you are willing to put in. There are individual bonuses and store bonuses that are achievable. The company will pay you to read books to help grow yourself as well!
Pros
Discounted accessories, discounted plans, paid holiday
Cons
Nights and weekends are common
A wonderful company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNApril 6, 2018
I've had a lot of different job being in the military and then a military wife with all of the moving. When I moved back home and looked at settling down in one spot, I got extremely lucky to have gotten a job with this company. I've experienced many different types of jobs and job cultures. This company is far and away superior to any I've had before. What you get out of this job is far more than you put into it. The owners are involved and care about every single employee. If you are wondering whether it is worth it... absolutely. Don't hesitate to apply!
Pros
Random free stuff, and it's always a surprise!
Cons
Christmas party was to far of a drive to make the trip worth it.
Wireless World
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. Great company that really takes care of you. The company has many incentives to do well and make sure you have a good work life balance. I would definitely recommend working here.
Amazing culture
Sales Representative and Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Onawa, IAApril 6, 2018
The owners and management truly care for their employees well being. I am challenged everyday in a good way. The benefits, culture, and values are things that they strongly value.
Pros
Work/life balance, good pay, motivation
Fun, exciting, constantly evolving, and rewarding.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNApril 6, 2018
Wireless World is a fantastic company to work for. Bringing management experience with me to Wireless World, I was promoted to a management level position within the company in less then two years. I can honestly say that I love what I do and the company that I work for.
Pros
Working with the latest and greatest technology
Cons
Can be very fast paced and stressful at times
Love working for Wireless World! Feel valued and have great customers!
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, SDApril 6, 2018
The more effort you put in the more you get paid. The cellular industry continues to grow and change which is exciting! There are several locations and the atmosphere and goals are meant to set you up to succeed.
Pros
Great pay in fast paced atmosphere
Cons
It is retail so most stores are open 7 days per week.
Great Place To Work
Store Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Aurora, NEApril 6, 2018
This company is a company that takes care of their employees - they stand behind us and believe in all of us. Always there to lend a helping hand and an ear to listen!
Pros
Amazing coaching, management, discounts
Cons
n/a
Great Place to work
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SDApril 6, 2018
Wireless world is a Fantastic place to work. Fun Atmosphere! Great co workers and team! I have never worked in a place like this before where everyone on the team goes above and beyond to help not only their coworkers but the customer.
Best Company Culture
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 6, 2018
A typical day is coming into an environment with people happy to be here. Our owners care for us and make regular appearances. We make "doing what's right for the guest" our number one priority based on a set of our moral standards. We like to say, "the guest experience is everything we are" and we live it.
The hardest part of the job is learning new technology, but if you are enthusiastic and a people person, there is always leadership here to help grow and develop you.
I cannot say enough about the culture, I love coming into work knowing my team has my back and the owners care about my front-line job.
I learned that I can achieve goals that I set for myself and I don't have to sacrifice my values to do so. Our customers love us and choose Wireless World over other Verizon retailers because of the feeling they get in our store.
Pros
Full benefits, amazing trainers, company-wide work parties (hotel stay included), bonus structure every month, pre-paid visa cards and gift cards for excelling every month!
Amazing Culture
Director of HR (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 4, 2018
Wireless World is amazing at growing and developing employees, clearly communicating and showing we are valued. The face-to-face time with managers and owners is above par. Never been happier!
Pros
Growth & Development
Cons
I didn't find them sooner
Salesman (Current Employee) –  IowaMarch 8, 2018
Wireless World is a good temp job...its been stated that there is an average of about 33% turnover. As long as you conform to the "creative" way of selling, you might have a chance of making it more than a year.
Pros
You get to work a lot of hours
Cons
You get no scheduled breaks...but might get a half hour for lunches.
Official response from Wireless World
March 22, 2018

It's true that this is a great place to hone your sales and customer service skills. It's also true that your commission and bonus are based on how well you do in meeting expectations and Improving Guest Lives. It's not a job for everyone. For those who truly love getting to know guests and who believe in offering them a variety of products to meet their needs consistently, day after day, great rewards can be won.

The company is new ownership, so I no longer have no idea
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMarch 7, 2018
When I worked there, another person owned the company. I can only speak on my time under that owner. He was a nice enough guy, it was just very particular on how he wanted things accomplished, which was stressful.
Official response from Wireless World
March 22, 2018

Wireless World is located in South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Our founding owner, Vince Lubben, started the company in 2000 and we have grown significantly since that time. Check out the video posted on our company page to see what Vince, Steve, Todd and many of our team believe about Wireless World.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless World. Our community is ready to answer.