Wireless World Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, Ever-Changing Career Opportunity
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 31, 2018
Wireless World is a retail sales company. You work everyday to help guests with their wireless needs. Organization and communication are a must in this environment. Smartphones, tablets, smart watches, accessories and more are sold on a daily basis. You are expected to discover and recommend the best solutions for your guest. It is heavily focused on sales results but the company culture does focus on work-life balance and growing/developing yourself. If you want a challenging and dynamic work environment then this company is for you.
Pros
Pay, Company Culture, Leadership
Cons
Hours, Work Holidays
A Rewarding Career
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNMay 30, 2018
I've had the privilege of being employed by WW for 15 years now.
Every day this company gets better and better. The owners and leaders in this company are constantly looking for ways to improve, not just the business but what can they do to make it a better more comfortable place for people to work. The owners of this company make it their business to get to know the employees, and you know they truly care.
Wireless World offers a great training program, opportunities to grow and develop yourself, as well as earn a completely free vacation. It's a fun, fast paced environment where you get to meet and help a lot of people. Have some fun competition and earn a good living.
This is a company that empowers you, to be you.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 30, 2018
Wireless World is a great company to work for with great owners ans managers who really care about your long term goals. Great job for those who enjoy being around people!
Pros
Great managers and friendly coworkers
Cons
Involves working weekends and some holidays
I am a lifer
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNMay 30, 2018
I have worked for Wireless World the past 4 years and every year is better than the next- the pay, the employees, the environment, the culture. I love everything the company promotes and the lives we touch on a regular basis to keep people connected on their devices. Our ownership takes into consideration our opinions, values, beliefs, and ideas to make this company continue to improve in every aspect. I can't tell you the amount of blessings I have received from being employed at Wireless World and I will recommend them time and time again. If you're not working here, you are truly missing out on so many opportunities.
Pros
paid to read books, self improvement/leadership trainings, great benefits, very competitive pay
Best Place I Have Ever Worked
Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern MinnesotaMay 30, 2018
I currently work at Wireless World and I thoroughly enjoy working here. I started 4 1/2 years ago at the time of this review and have had multiple opportunities to advance in the company, 4 of which I have taken advantage of. The culture is friendly and nurturing. I have learned many things from the managers I work with as well as the owners themselves.
Amazing company that appreciates their employees and compensates them generously.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMay 30, 2018
Company culture is fantastic. They care about their customers and take care of their employees. Compensation is great, and there is always room for advancement within the company. You get to learn about the latest and greatest technology out there, interact with all kinds of people, work in a team environment with awesome people. Wireless World is a wonderful company to build a career with.
Go Getters, Get Here!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chadron, NEMay 15, 2018
For the person who can self-start, be somewhat independent, and is ambitious to succeed, Wireless World is a wonderful place to work. You have to be able to adapt quickly and maintain a growth mindset. Commission is heavy and all the support and coaching is there to be everything you need to be in order to be successful here. If you want to show up for the salary/hourly and don't really want to sell anything, this is NOT the job for you. If you aren't all that experienced in sales but have a desire to learn and grow, please apply. We want you.

The benefits and career options/experience is so very much worth it. This can be so much more than just a job to pay the bills. It can be a meaningful and satisfying career with lots of opportunity to grow because the company WANTS you to grow.
Pros
Great commission structure, realistic goals, coaching/support in all levels, fun and collaborative environment.
Cons
you have to maintain your own motivation as no one can create that for you
Quick paced, hands on work environment
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMay 13, 2018
Company offers a lot of ways to help better yourself. Or offer the option to better yourself with a little bit of incentive. Everyone has been great to work with and has helped tremendously with learning the systems and different stipulations that are in this industry and company.
Pros
Fast paced, hands on
Cons
working with upset customers
Best job i have ever had!
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chadron, NEMay 12, 2018
I'm never NOT excite to come to work, every day brings new challenges and new learning experiences. Teamwork is a solid foundation of how we run this business. The harder you work the larger your paycheck!
Pros
Teamwork, leadership, growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNMay 10, 2018
Wireless World is a great place to work. Very good wages and career advancement. The management and owners are great to work with and you can tell they really appreciate the staff. This is by far the best place that I have ever worked.
Pros
Contests
Grow & Develop with Wireless World
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMay 10, 2018
If you’re looking to get paid for the quality and quantity of your work, apply at Wireless World. This is a selling job, not an order taker, and you are paid on commission.

This isn’t like every other sales job. At Wireless World you have guests walking in the door non-stop wanting to buy your product. Occasionally there will be some cold calling, or calling from a marketing produced call list. However, there’s never down time. I can’t remeber the last time I watched the clock while working at Wireless World.

If you produce, you win. Want a raise, work harder. You will be asked to work 8 hours/day, and 40 hours a week, nights and weekends.
Pros
Discount plans, accessories, and sales contests!
Excellent Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 9, 2018
Wireless World has an exceptional team building atmosphere. Management genuinely cares about their employees and the success of their business. I would highly recommend this job to anyone with a competitive mentality and the drive to succeed!
Pros
Free Lunches
Excellent Management and Genuine Encouragement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Valley, IAMay 9, 2018
My manager and even the owners are involved daily with my job and being interested in my life. Wireless world looks after its employees and makes them the main focus when making impactful decisions. Employees are paid based on work ethic. You get out what you put in. There are discounts on products as well as benefits for workers. I'm always happy coming to work and miss the days I'm not there. A company that can elicit that sort of response from people is going places. Whatever extra money the company makes they pay back out to their hard-working employees in the form of money, products, and vacations. The best part is helping people with arguably the most used product in their house and making certain they are well taken care of. The commission is normally well over the salary paycheck each month.
Pros
Upbeat environment
Cons
Sporadic lunch breaks
Produce and Succeed
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wireless World, Fairmont, MNMay 9, 2018
Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life. I don't remeber the last time I've watched the clock waiting to go home. If you're a sales person, not an order taker, that thrives on competition and doing what's right to be number one while improving lives, this is the job for you. Sales isn't for everyone, and this is a sales job. You will be making cold calls, you will be recommending products, and you will be compensated for the work you put in. Life's too short not to be happy, apply at Wireless World, you won't regret it.
Pros
Sales Contests, Book Money, Presidents Club
Face paced, fun job if you enjoy technology and people
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNMay 9, 2018
This job has introduced me to many different people, some of which have become very close friends. I love coming to work everyday simply because they people I work with are delightful. Like any job, it comes with daily struggles and difficult days, but they skills I've learned and the people I'm surrounded by make it worthwhile. A typical day at work includes greeting customers, selling devices, solving technical issues, communicating with customer support and replacing defective screen protectors or accessories. This company invests a lot of time into making sure we create the best experience for our customers, and sometimes we have very upset people walk through those doors. We make it our priority to make sure they leave satisfied. Not only that, but they invest in their people and ensure that we have a work/life balance. Overall this is a great place to work for and I am very glad my path has led me here.
Pros
Great co workers, good management, work/life balance, good training program, flexible hours
Cons
retail hours, work weekends
This Company Values You!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 26, 2018
Work for a company who values you, that is Wireless World! You are encouraged to present yourself and the company with very strong core values which helps you grow personally. The benefits are endless: trust and open door policy from ownership; company paid events; vendor sponsored events/prizes; flexible schedule; opportunities for advancement; monetarily incentivized to grow & develop by reading books.
This is not a company that is just for sale with a 9-5 workday grind, they invest in you.
Great work place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaApril 16, 2018
I have worked for the company a long time. They are very caring for their employees and treat them fairly. The job is ever changing and so not being able to deal with change can be hard. I like it because it is not mundane.
You have to deal with people so I like that part. The culture is great and goals are clearly defined. The hardest part of the job is stretching yourself to do something you aren't good at. The company does give you tools to develop yourself and like to develop people. We get paid to read books about personal development; so that is awesome.
Fun place to work
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 16, 2018
Since i started my management has been amazing, the training i have received since i started has been top of the line, everyone is willing to help when ever i have questions, and just the support i have from other stores is amazing and very united as a company in whole.
A typical day with the store is fun and stress free with lots to learn. I have learned the day to day run of the store. My management is amazing and very helpful. the work place Culture is very down to earth and friendly, the hardest part of the job is learning all of the products but with the help of my team i am learning everything i need to know to do my job. The most enjoyable part about my job is that we work as a team and to hear from the customers how awesome are store is it makes me feel like i am a part of something bigger.
Pros
Amazing coworkers help you learn
Cons
Lots of studying
Store vs corporate
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNApril 16, 2018
Good people in the company.

They will adjust your pay scale constantly which is frustrating. It’s comission based sales in a retail environment so wide variety of customers to deal with.

My store was great but there’s a disconnect between store employees and management above single store locations.

Overall pretty good place though
Growth Development and Strong Culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 12, 2018
At Wireless World, culture and the core values are the backbone to this company. Management is all about growing and developing at all levels. Wireless World is a place where your work is rewarded and creates a work life balance.
Pros
Great management, growth Development, new hire training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless World. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2