Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer

Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAMarch 20, 2019
Always enjoyed working with my fellow coworkers. Good mix of business and fun. The owners are great to work for and keep you highly motivated. High traffic area so lots to keep you busy and successful.
Pros
Great company
Cons
From a customer and employee
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Medway, MAFebruary 11, 2019
I worked for the Wireless Zone Medway Ma. It was an amazing place to work. The owner is so supportive of his employees. The manager is very good at his job, plus getting the team pumped up!!
Great Place to start in sales
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAJanuary 7, 2019
For 99% of my time with Verizon, I was a dedicated and productive employee. I was blown away by the support of my supervisors and the owners of the company. I found a passion working for Verizon that I never thought I would have in a job. I put 100% into my job and advancing in the company. I was both successful and passionate about my career with the company. I advanced from Sales Representative to managing my own store in less than a year with no experience in the cell phone industry. My time at Verizon was short lives and the potential I had was not recognized by individuals higher in the company than I was.
What a wreck
Sales Manager and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 19, 2018
Draws and long hours, work off your minimal wage $5 a phone. NOT WORTH THE TIME, RETAIL IS DEAD and you are normally paid on activation with new services unless you are overcharging for the phones then you can make some gross for the franchise owner.
Pros
Deals on Phone Plans
Cons
Everything else
Sales (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 29, 2018
You get out what you put in. This is a retail sales position so your paycheck is somewhat reliant upon the amount of traffic coming through the stores. However there are some opportunities to reach out to existing customers in downtime to try and drum up additional sales.
An overworked environment
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of showing up for scheduled shift. There was often open to close shifts with minimal to no breaks, The goals were high with pennies paid for achievement in commission. Though it was to be initially an hourly +commission set up the franchise owner would change periodically between that and a draw which made it a sole commission job. There was horrible commission paid for exceeded goals that would and could rival corporate stores. The atmosphere was tense and very displeasing leading to my exit because of unfair pay and unethical practices with constant denial of breaks.
Pros
Cons
no breaks or healthcare or benefits
If you love to sell, its a great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 5, 2018
If you are looking for a sales job with a base salary and uncapped commission structure. If you are hungry, and ambitious this job is for you. The company is opening 10 stores this year and has lots of opportunities for people to advance into management roles.
Pros
Uncapped commissions!
Cons
you will work 50+ hours most weeks
Great career
sales (Current Employee) –  Feasterville, PAOctober 25, 2018
From day one we are taught to treat the business like it was our own. It created ownership and a great place to work. You are able to create a customer base which helps with referals
Exciting technology
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 16, 2018
Working with the latest tech is inspiring.
Clientele is diverse.
Coworkers are family at best / selfish at worst.
Goals are achievable but very difficult
Productive and supportive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 10, 2018
Very supportive work environment with many opportunities to grow as a person and with the company. Learned lots of patience and how to be versatile. The most enjoyable part are seeing the success you've made.
Productive and training available, enjoyable working environment
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marco Island, FLOctober 6, 2018
My time with Musser wireless was a very pleasant one. Management worked very hard to accommodate me. Great ownership with room to advance. 9/10 would recommend to a friend
Pros
Lots of foot traffic and sales leads
I enjoy this company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 5, 2018
A typical day at work requires the same any job requires which is drive & motivation. If you lack either/ either you wont be successful but that's with any job. I enjoy working here because everyday its something different . I personally cant handle repetition. I like learning about the new technologies & teaching them to anyone who walks in .I like matching people to a phone that fits them specifically . Management is really good . I don't deal with someone who makes me feel uncomfortable or not good enough for the job . I had a very thorough training after coming in not knowing a thing besides iPhone . So far I have no complaints . Comission is really good when youre doing your job!
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 5, 2018
I really enjoy working here. You work for a large, well known company but get the best parts of a small business. The owners are very easy to talk to, always available for questions you may have. The work environment is fast paced and always changing so you're never really bored. The commission structure is designed to encourage well rounded sales people, so at times it can be challenging if you're struggling with a particular area. But you're often made aware of your numbers and where you're at so you can focus on it. This is the kind of job that if you put the effort into it, you get money out of it.
Pros
Fun, challenging, health benefits
Everyday was an experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Each day felt unique with new challenges. All my customers were always pleasant to deal with. The owner and management were amazing to work for, as were the other staff.

It was always fun working with customers and doing my best to help them to get what they need and save them money. Working with them to get the newest and greatest, yet, in some situations, just what they need to enhance their cellular needs.

The staff were always fun yet professional. We worked together as a team to give the customers what they need, to have the best experience with Verizon Wireless Zone.

I would happily work for the company again.
Pros
Great environment. Amazing employees. Awesome management.
Cons
No benefits.
Unprepared
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772August 22, 2018
The placement of the store made it hard to get customers coming in regularly enough for anyone to make decent sales. There was a high turnover rate for owners, management, and sales associates. Sometimes managers or other associates would steal sales.
Pros
n/a
Cons
No benefits, poor management
Varies by franchise I'm sure
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAAugust 18, 2018
The particular Wireless Zone franchise I worked for was an amazing experience for me. A lot of what makes me successful today is thanks to their team's thorough and tailored training on not just how to excel on the sales floor, but also in life.

The job itself is very demanding, a lot of long days and it felt I was consistently de-escalating situations. Nothing too out of the ordinary however, after all it is retail.
Productive work place with great people
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 9, 2018
Working in the Legal Department with the Paralegal was a pleasure and she instructed me with my duties and was personally delightful to work with. She treated me with respect and I had room to complete my assignments individually.

Work atmosphere is casual and folks work hard.
depends on who you work for
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VA 24517August 6, 2018
never got paid promised commissions on sales...and hourly pay sucked...being closed on sunday was the best attribute...had they paid properly it would have been better...it just depends on who owns your franchise...my owner shut down and never told us....he did pay us for our two week check and the on cut another months salary but still never paid us our commission.
Greedy upper management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PAJuly 24, 2018
The focus on customer service has gone out the window and upper management only seem to care about getting tablets and other add on devices out the door to customers.
Laid back environment, bad/scetchy commission rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 10, 2018
My direct manager was great. The company is cheap. Low commission. Will hide commission rates from you so you don't know how much you make. They expect you to sell, but don't have products in stock to sell. High turnover rate which is a red flag. Owners will lie to your face about pay to fill in the sales position. They own Naples and Marco Island stores and some in Pennsylvania.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Poor commission rates, high turnover, don't have products in stock to sell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight