Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Fun work place
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Patterson, NYApril 22, 2019
The company provides many opportunities to use your skill set and learn other beneficial skills. The culture is friendly and depending on your role, you may find yourself working remote with a team of colleagues across the globe. You can make good money if you get a lot of activations, Benefits are really good!! If you're up to a challenge and enjoy a fast-past ever changing environment, this is the place for you.
To many hours
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 12, 2019
My biggest issue with the job was the amount of hours you had to work. It gets to a point where you are working so many hours that you start to loose your mind. You literally get foggy & can't preform your job at the level you would want to in order to make the most money possible through commission. A lack of work to life balance makes you start to hate work & you eventually feel like the job is taking over your life. I believe this is why there turn over rate is so high as there are people quitting or getting fired every other day it feels like.
Pros
Sometimes it was a fun work environment
Cons
The work to life balance is horrible, way to many hours a week
so much fun
Dedicated Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MAMarch 26, 2019
working here was amazing, you have flexible hours. what you put into the company is what you get out. only left because the owner was selling. management was so nice
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAMarch 25, 2019
Have been with Wireless Zone for 5 years. Was hired on with minimal sales experience. I received all proper training when i was hired on and have learned a lot more then what I ever though I would know,
Productive and great place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAMarch 20, 2019
Always enjoyed working with my fellow coworkers. Good mix of business and fun. The owners are great to work for and keep you highly motivated. High traffic area so lots to keep you busy and successful.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Great place to work to improve sales skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 14, 2019
Couldn't recommend working here more. Great environment. Awesome management. Pay is good and commission is reasonable to hit. If you're looking for a wireless retailer to work for this is a great option.
From a customer and employee
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Medway, MAFebruary 11, 2019
I worked for the Wireless Zone Medway Ma. It was an amazing place to work. The owner is so supportive of his employees. The manager is very good at his job, plus getting the team pumped up!!
Great Place to start in sales
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAJanuary 7, 2019
For 99% of my time with Verizon, I was a dedicated and productive employee. I was blown away by the support of my supervisors and the owners of the company. I found a passion working for Verizon that I never thought I would have in a job. I put 100% into my job and advancing in the company. I was both successful and passionate about my career with the company. I advanced from Sales Representative to managing my own store in less than a year with no experience in the cell phone industry. My time at Verizon was short lives and the potential I had was not recognized by individuals higher in the company than I was.
What a wreck
Sales Manager and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 19, 2018
Draws and long hours, work off your minimal wage $5 a phone. NOT WORTH THE TIME, RETAIL IS DEAD and you are normally paid on activation with new services unless you are overcharging for the phones then you can make some gross for the franchise owner.
Pros
Deals on Phone Plans
Cons
Everything else
Sales (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 29, 2018
You get out what you put in. This is a retail sales position so your paycheck is somewhat reliant upon the amount of traffic coming through the stores. However there are some opportunities to reach out to existing customers in downtime to try and drum up additional sales.
An overworked environment
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of showing up for scheduled shift. There was often open to close shifts with minimal to no breaks, The goals were high with pennies paid for achievement in commission. Though it was to be initially an hourly +commission set up the franchise owner would change periodically between that and a draw which made it a sole commission job. There was horrible commission paid for exceeded goals that would and could rival corporate stores. The atmosphere was tense and very displeasing leading to my exit because of unfair pay and unethical practices with constant denial of breaks.
Pros
Cons
no breaks or healthcare or benefits
If you love to sell, its a great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 5, 2018
If you are looking for a sales job with a base salary and uncapped commission structure. If you are hungry, and ambitious this job is for you. The company is opening 10 stores this year and has lots of opportunities for people to advance into management roles.
Pros
Uncapped commissions!
Cons
you will work 50+ hours most weeks
Great career
sales (Current Employee) –  Feasterville, PAOctober 25, 2018
From day one we are taught to treat the business like it was our own. It created ownership and a great place to work. You are able to create a customer base which helps with referals
Exciting technology
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 16, 2018
Working with the latest tech is inspiring.
Clientele is diverse.
Coworkers are family at best / selfish at worst.
Goals are achievable but very difficult
Productive and supportive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 10, 2018
Very supportive work environment with many opportunities to grow as a person and with the company. Learned lots of patience and how to be versatile. The most enjoyable part are seeing the success you've made.
Productive and training available, enjoyable working environment
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marco Island, FLOctober 6, 2018
My time with Musser wireless was a very pleasant one. Management worked very hard to accommodate me. Great ownership with room to advance. 9/10 would recommend to a friend
Pros
Lots of foot traffic and sales leads
I enjoy this company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 5, 2018
A typical day at work requires the same any job requires which is drive & motivation. If you lack either/ either you wont be successful but that's with any job. I enjoy working here because everyday its something different . I personally cant handle repetition. I like learning about the new technologies & teaching them to anyone who walks in .I like matching people to a phone that fits them specifically . Management is really good . I don't deal with someone who makes me feel uncomfortable or not good enough for the job . I had a very thorough training after coming in not knowing a thing besides iPhone . So far I have no complaints . Comission is really good when youre doing your job!
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 5, 2018
I really enjoy working here. You work for a large, well known company but get the best parts of a small business. The owners are very easy to talk to, always available for questions you may have. The work environment is fast paced and always changing so you're never really bored. The commission structure is designed to encourage well rounded sales people, so at times it can be challenging if you're struggling with a particular area. But you're often made aware of your numbers and where you're at so you can focus on it. This is the kind of job that if you put the effort into it, you get money out of it.
Pros
Fun, challenging, health benefits
Everyday was an experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Each day felt unique with new challenges. All my customers were always pleasant to deal with. The owner and management were amazing to work for, as were the other staff.

It was always fun working with customers and doing my best to help them to get what they need and save them money. Working with them to get the newest and greatest, yet, in some situations, just what they need to enhance their cellular needs.

The staff were always fun yet professional. We worked together as a team to give the customers what they need, to have the best experience with Verizon Wireless Zone.

I would happily work for the company again.
Pros
Great environment. Amazing employees. Awesome management.
Cons
No benefits.
Unprepared
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772August 22, 2018
The placement of the store made it hard to get customers coming in regularly enough for anyone to make decent sales. There was a high turnover rate for owners, management, and sales associates. Sometimes managers or other associates would steal sales.
Pros
n/a
Cons
No benefits, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight