Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer

Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

An overworked environment
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
A typical day of work consisted of showing up for scheduled shift. There was often open to close shifts with minimal to no breaks, The goals were high with pennies paid for achievement in commission. Though it was to be initially an hourly +commission set up the franchise owner would change periodically between that and a draw which made it a sole commission job. There was horrible commission paid for exceeded goals that would and could rival corporate stores. The atmosphere was tense and very displeasing leading to my exit because of unfair pay and unethical practices with constant denial of breaks.
Pros
Cons
no breaks or healthcare or benefits
Great career
sales (Current Employee) –  Feasterville, PAOctober 25, 2018
From day one we are taught to treat the business like it was our own. It created ownership and a great place to work. You are able to create a customer base which helps with referals
Exciting technology
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 16, 2018
Working with the latest tech is inspiring.
Clientele is diverse.
Coworkers are family at best / selfish at worst.
Goals are achievable but very difficult
Productive and supportive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 10, 2018
Very supportive work environment with many opportunities to grow as a person and with the company. Learned lots of patience and how to be versatile. The most enjoyable part are seeing the success you've made.
Productive and training available, enjoyable working environment
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marco Island, FLOctober 6, 2018
My time with Musser wireless was a very pleasant one. Management worked very hard to accommodate me. Great ownership with room to advance. 9/10 would recommend to a friend
Pros
Lots of foot traffic and sales leads
I enjoy this company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 5, 2018
A typical day at work requires the same any job requires which is drive & motivation. If you lack either/ either you wont be successful but that's with any job. I enjoy working here because everyday its something different . I personally cant handle repetition. I like learning about the new technologies & teaching them to anyone who walks in .I like matching people to a phone that fits them specifically . Management is really good . I don't deal with someone who makes me feel uncomfortable or not good enough for the job . I had a very thorough training after coming in not knowing a thing besides iPhone . So far I have no complaints . Comission is really good when youre doing your job!
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 5, 2018
I really enjoy working here. You work for a large, well known company but get the best parts of a small business. The owners are very easy to talk to, always available for questions you may have. The work environment is fast paced and always changing so you're never really bored. The commission structure is designed to encourage well rounded sales people, so at times it can be challenging if you're struggling with a particular area. But you're often made aware of your numbers and where you're at so you can focus on it. This is the kind of job that if you put the effort into it, you get money out of it.
Pros
Fun, challenging, health benefits
Everyday was an experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Each day felt unique with new challenges. All my customers were always pleasant to deal with. The owner and management were amazing to work for, as were the other staff.

It was always fun working with customers and doing my best to help them to get what they need and save them money. Working with them to get the newest and greatest, yet, in some situations, just what they need to enhance their cellular needs.

The staff were always fun yet professional. We worked together as a team to give the customers what they need, to have the best experience with Verizon Wireless Zone.

I would happily work for the company again.
Pros
Great environment. Amazing employees. Awesome management.
Cons
No benefits.
Unprepared
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772August 22, 2018
The placement of the store made it hard to get customers coming in regularly enough for anyone to make decent sales. There was a high turnover rate for owners, management, and sales associates. Sometimes managers or other associates would steal sales.
Pros
n/a
Cons
No benefits, poor management
Varies by franchise I'm sure
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAAugust 18, 2018
The particular Wireless Zone franchise I worked for was an amazing experience for me. A lot of what makes me successful today is thanks to their team's thorough and tailored training on not just how to excel on the sales floor, but also in life.

The job itself is very demanding, a lot of long days and it felt I was consistently de-escalating situations. Nothing too out of the ordinary however, after all it is retail.
Productive work place with great people
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 9, 2018
Working in the Legal Department with the Paralegal was a pleasure and she instructed me with my duties and was personally delightful to work with. She treated me with respect and I had room to complete my assignments individually.

Work atmosphere is casual and folks work hard.
depends on who you work for
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VA 24517August 6, 2018
never got paid promised commissions on sales...and hourly pay sucked...being closed on sunday was the best attribute...had they paid properly it would have been better...it just depends on who owns your franchise...my owner shut down and never told us....he did pay us for our two week check and the on cut another months salary but still never paid us our commission.
Greedy upper management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PAJuly 24, 2018
The focus on customer service has gone out the window and upper management only seem to care about getting tablets and other add on devices out the door to customers.
Laid back environment, bad/scetchy commission rates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 10, 2018
My direct manager was great. The company is cheap. Low commission. Will hide commission rates from you so you don't know how much you make. They expect you to sell, but don't have products in stock to sell. High turnover rate which is a red flag. Owners will lie to your face about pay to fill in the sales position. They own Naples and Marco Island stores and some in Pennsylvania.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Poor commission rates, high turnover, don't have products in stock to sell.
It was a learning experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 10, 2018
A made-up title that didn't work out is how I started there. I was "managing" but didn't get to "manage" anything. Owners of the store undermined every decision I made and interfered with my daily operations to the point that I couldn't improve the things that needed work, and I left because of that.
work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJune 30, 2018
You don't have much opportunity to make much money their. Not even as a manager. The job is based off of reputation. The goals are almost impossible to reach. Maybe once a month you may hit them and that is if you are very good at what you do. You'll be moved to a bunch of locations. The pay is 7.25 plus commission so when they say 45,000 a year thats only if you're working at their busiest stores. As a first sales job it's a good job for educational reasons. To live off of as an adult it's not ideal.
I owned and ran the franchise
Owner (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MNJune 26, 2018
I opened my Verizon Wireless Zone as a franchisee in August of 2011. We ran a successful business, buying and selling phones. Unfortunately, they no longer wanted any ma and pa shops...or so they told us. It was very unfortunate.
n/a
Newton sales representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 25, 2018
I loved the team I worked with.I believe everyone would feel the same way as i do as far as management goes something needs to be done. A lot of potential not being focused on.
Pros
great staff
Cons
inventory
Dont Stop By
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Marco Island, FLJune 17, 2018
You Have Better Things T Do, Keep Moving. Your Are Not A Valued Employee There. Rich Snobs Run The Place From An Office In Another State And Think They Can Do Better Than You!
Was a good place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 9, 2018
I used to love this job when the old manager was there. He took care of us, developed us and challenged us to get better. He took people with no experience in sales and made us good. And made a great team.
The new management destroyed the company. We all left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.