Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer

Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Productive and supportive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 10, 2018
Very supportive work environment with many opportunities to grow as a person and with the company. Learned lots of patience and how to be versatile. The most enjoyable part are seeing the success you've made.
Unprepared
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772August 22, 2018
The placement of the store made it hard to get customers coming in regularly enough for anyone to make decent sales. There was a high turnover rate for owners, management, and sales associates. Sometimes managers or other associates would steal sales.
Pros
n/a
Cons
No benefits, poor management
depends on who you work for
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VA 24517August 6, 2018
never got paid promised commissions on sales...and hourly pay sucked...being closed on sunday was the best attribute...had they paid properly it would have been better...it just depends on who owns your franchise...my owner shut down and never told us....he did pay us for our two week check and the on cut another months salary but still never paid us our commission.
Greedy upper management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PAJuly 24, 2018
The focus on customer service has gone out the window and upper management only seem to care about getting tablets and other add on devices out the door to customers.
I owned and ran the franchise
Owner (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MNJune 26, 2018
I opened my Verizon Wireless Zone as a franchisee in August of 2011. We ran a successful business, buying and selling phones. Unfortunately, they no longer wanted any ma and pa shops...or so they told us. It was very unfortunate.
Dont Stop By
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Marco Island, FLJune 17, 2018
You Have Better Things T Do, Keep Moving. Your Are Not A Valued Employee There. Rich Snobs Run The Place From An Office In Another State And Think They Can Do Better Than You!
Not good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 7, 2018
I will be brief. DO NOT WORK FOR AUTHORIZED RETAIL. Seriously all of these companies have bad managment. ZERO advancement opportunity and bad pay for the amount of work you have to do
Pros
Can watch Netflix because it is so slow
Cons
All the other stucc
Sales Experience
Sales Professional, Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 4, 2018
The sales experience here has been wonderful but I am desiring something with a better pay off in commission. Also something with more benefits and look term advancement.
High pressure sales, pay isnt worth the headache
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 3, 2018
Expectations are unreasonable, based on the pay. Shedule is flexible however because it's retail weekends are mandatory. Based on your location, team support is questionable. I've been there a while and never hated my job till new owners came in.
Productive and a fun environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAMay 27, 2018
I had the opportunity to communicate to many people throughout my shift and sold many products. I learned excellent communicative and business skills while working here.
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kanawha City, WVMay 15, 2018
This was a terrible company to work for. The management staff was horrible, they paid the employees under the table, make them work grueling hours, and refused to address employee complaints.
Terrible work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 5, 2018
Do not recommend to anyone unless you want to be treated poorly, underpaid and over worked. Over-promised and under-delivered in every aspect of the word. Commissions were very little, when they actually got paid and raises not given when promised and very unprofessional management.
Good earning potential.
SMALL BUSINESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTMay 3, 2018
Keep yourself off the chopping block. Very interesting culture trickled down by the owners. Earning potential is great but mandatory 6 day working schedule can be tiring.
Wireless
Sales Consultant / Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAApril 17, 2018
Really depends who owns the franchise. Some can be family oriented while others can be run like wall street broker firm. Its not a tough job, you don't really need to know about wireless technology, it can all be taught.
Pros
Your own potential will determine your paycheck
Cons
When there is no traffic in stores and can be really boring especially if your working all day
Fast paced and fun environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2018
A typical day at Verizon is very fast paced. There is never a shortage of customers or something to do. I have learned a lot from upper Management in this company. They are always available to call upon if needed. That is something I have not had at previous jobs. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with the customers and my staff. I create a fun work environment but at the same time my employee's know whats expected.
I filled in for a minute
EXECUTIVE SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIApril 4, 2018
The owner is from Traverse City and tried to expand to Grandville. It did not work out for them. They closed within 6 months and decided to stay in Traverse City.
Starting sales job
Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 3, 2018
I started my sales career here, this is the perfect environment to start off and learn how to talk to people. Unfortunately the previous owner of the company didn't believe in paying his employees consistently. I was mainly paid commission which is though but proves worth.
Pros
Good pay
okay place to work
Business Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 23, 2018
staff wasnt too fond of liking store manager and made environment feel uncomfortable at times. otherwise it was a fun working place with money to be made with a little hustle.
Cons
no benefits
Not great
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 19, 2018
Long hours.. top in sales bit then changed comp plan so made it easy to hit goals for others but low pay put. Upper management waa not always on the same page us state manager.
very good environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 30, 2017
Good place to work in the wireless industry. Very good training and they make sure the employees are very well prepared to advance in their field. Enjoyed interacting with customers on a daily basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

Wireless Zone - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Reviews by Location