WIS International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,052 reviews matching the search See all 2,381 reviews
Great work place
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 22, 2018
It's a good place to work just didn't have reliable transportation after my car broke down but other than that I loved the job when I was working there.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
if you don't want to get paid...
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  variousSeptember 19, 2018
WIS is constantly guilty of wage theft. I've filed 5 different complaints only of the times that I was actually able to catch them. I'm sure it happened to me far more than that. They also refuse to follow the state sick leave policies. The job itself is enjoyable, but the company is extreamly unethical and doesn't care at all about following laws or the safety of employees
Pros
traveling, variety of work
Cons
wage theft, no sick leave even when required, you aren't a person. No way to contact higher managment
Ebb and flow
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2018
This job was two fold. It was nice not working in the same place everyday, but when the work wasn't there, it just wasn't there. October through December are months where there is very little work. During the first quarter of the year was a completely different story, there were times that we were working weeks with no days off.
Pros
No monotany
Cons
Work vans were crammed
Great people
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2018
Very good work people and management always willing to work with you and any situation was able to travel and see lots of different types of work ethics in different cities...
Pros
Travel
Fast paced work environment with friendly and helpful coworkers
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 19, 2018
It was a ok job, I liked the travel and it was fast paced and had great people working there. The pay just was not enough for the cost of living at the time
Pros
Travel
Cons
Low pay
Production based career
District Large Event Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216September 18, 2018
This company focusses on production and profit, but should spend more time on retaining valuable employees. The company has flexible hours in order for you to maintain family life.
Wis
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 17, 2018
The Managers Are Rude The Pay Sucks Alot Of Staff And Workers Get Fired For The Smallest Things They Are Very Sloppy I Wouldnt Want My Worst Enemy Working There
great people very good communication
Inventory Counter (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJ 08109September 16, 2018
a typical day at work is stressful at times. i learned how to work at a fast pace. workplace culture was great , very respectful . the hardest thing about the job is trying to be done at a certain time.
Pros
good people.
Cons
short breaks, cant drink during your work time.
Learned how to work fast and efficient
data entry, customer service, inventory services (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 16, 2018
This job was very fun at times. It was competitive and gave chance for raises based on performance. Management was awesome. This taught me how to count fast and efficient. Great for learning how to keep inventory. Only down side was crazy hours due to having to count stores when they were closed.
Pros
Fun and competitive
Cons
Odd hours
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2018
WIS is a good company. The people are friendly and respectful. The managers are amazing. I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to work and like to travel.
Cons
No paid break or lunch. Sometimes the meet time for stores are early if traveling.
Its not bad
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 15, 2018
Its excelent if you dont have family and you just get out of high school. You stay at hotels 4 days of the week so if you dont have a house or a car its ideal.
Yes I like
Inventory counting (Current Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 14, 2018
Yes is okay I think okay yes but really is okay I like work and drive bus to inventory and we sing happy song and have good time work easy and people friendly so I stay here and work I recommend a lot best place to be and have good experiences yes
Pros
We eat grapes at break time reminds me of old country
Cons
Really none I like so much
Employment scam
Inventory associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma and surrounding statesSeptember 14, 2018
They have a pending lawsuit right now because they don't pay what they should. Hours are shorted and you often have to correct them on the website in order to receive your pay, and the pay rate just changed to a sliding scale which allows your pay rate to go down up to $3 at a time
Pros
Occasional paid travel, sometimes a customer (like a dollar general district manager, or kohl's loss prevention manager) will buy us food
Cons
Pay rate can drop up to $3 without notice, unfair pay, often unpaid travel
not a job to build your carreer
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HISeptember 14, 2018
fun co-workers, awesome friends, beautiful places this job had to offer. when it was time for management to take control it was a cut-throat type of thing, that you just wanna up & leave to go home. this job was good, but not that great!
It was alright
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 13, 2018
I worked with WIS for over two years (nearly three years). So where should I began. You basically go to different types of business stores, and sometime warehouses, to count or do their physical inventory. You do their sales floor and stockroom (and if you’re more experienced & drug free you count the pharmacy). The job itself is simple, scan the SKU/UPC of a product and depending on the job you may have to enter a quantity with your 10-key computer scanner. The work can get very tedious and repetitive though; lots of standing, reaching, and sometime lifting & climbing ladders. Some stores were close to me while others were 30+ miles away. You’ll need a car or ride.

Work starts usually early mornings or evenings, and a “shift” or job will last anywhere from 4-12 hours…until your team finish counting the whole store or warehouse. Some of the bigger stores like Kohl’s, JCPenny, Lowes, and bigger grocery stores, will give you decent hours though. But I got an average of 5 to 6 hours a day, and I worked almost every day when I became a very fast counter.

Would I recommend it? I only recommend it to those who has a really hard time finding a job for whatever reasons or if you don’t like responsibility. There are a lot of irresponsible people I work with who don’t show up or come late, so it’s pretty difficult to get fired. And they hire anyone, and I mean anyone (they don’t drug test unless you want to become a pharmacy counter). It’s a cool place to bring in your family members or friends to work with you though, so you can carpool. However, it’s nearly
  more... impossible to get a raise now, ever since the company got taken over by an investment company who profits by stealing the wages of their employees who do all the counting...their backbones. Now even fastest the counters aren’t getting raises. I don't recommend staying there for long.  less
Pros
Supervisors and coworkers, a lot of interesting characters. Weekly pay. Pretty flexible, and hard to get fired (though that may be a con).
Cons
The mileage it puts on your car, minimum wage, and no raises.
Its an ok starter job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day at WIS is going into retail and grocery stores and scanning and counting their inventory. The job itself is not hard, but can get redundant. The management is usually pretty good, except for a couple in the office that make directions and layout complicated.
Pros
Flexible schedule (understand if you have school or other job)
Cons
Lack of hours, inconsistent scheduling
It's a great job but hours are not right
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 10, 2018
I loved my job and it's not out my location range at all , just that getting up at 2 o click in the morning kinda doesn't work for me but other thing inventory I love housekeeping and cleaning and I have a 5+ cleaning experience
Management is terrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 9, 2018
I could deal with the hours and I could even deal with the long hours. The inventory manager was nothing short of an idiot. She played favorites and could only be friend with the female employees 1 at time.
Drama was to much. Girlfriends/boyfriends husbands/wife’s.
All the girls one would gang up and be mean to 1 female. You had a manager who would breakdown and cry because one of the female teal members wouldn’t go out with him.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can imagine
The job pays weekly, the starting pay rate $11.00 an hour and the schedule is flexible. These are the favorable things about the job.
Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI 48033September 9, 2018
The job pays weekly, the starting rate pay is $11.00 an the schedule is flexible. These things are what’s favorable about the job. There are non favorable thing about the job too. Management expects you to improve your speed of counting inventory. As you will if you are a Dedicated working but as time goes on management expect you to count unrealistic number of inventory to recieve raises or move to higher positions. Equipment needed to count inventory are not updated and efficiently working properly to insure we are receiving correct inventory numbers that insures raises. If your number are not up to par Wis will reduce your starting rate.
Pros
$11 starting rate, flexible schedule, and weekly pay.
Cons
No annual raises, unrealistic number reach, reduced pay rate if numbers are not met.
Fast-pace prductive
Inventory Associate/Driver (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 9, 2018
The day begins with getting the the company van at the set time and driving to whatever store you are working at that day after you arrive you have a couple of minutes to get done what needs to do to start you day you go to where the equipment is fined one that works, then wait for the morning crew briefing where the DM goes over the complaint of the previous day plus the main goal of the crew for the day then you go to your preassigned area of the store and start counting in the areas you need to after which when you done you go to another area and then another in-tell you have moved all around the store in a set manner and all areas are done. then you get back to the hotel and spend your time however you wish too. waking up and doing it all over again.
Pros
Good work atmospher great for a first time job
Cons
Poor managment communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss