WIS International Employee Reviews

Found 2,104 reviews matching the search See all 2,439 reviews
I found it horrible.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 16, 2018
One had to be at work 15 minutes before scheduled. We drove for hours sometimes to get to the job and only got paid after an hour. Work was often only for 4 hours, they drove us to the job but wouldn't drive us to anywhere to buy food for lunch.
Cons
Only speed mattered.
love the travel
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 15, 2018
so, this job allows us to travel, within a region, and provides the hotels for that travel. they also provide transportation. the pay is very good, the only real downside is the amount of time spent away from home. but, if you don't have anything that requires you to be home on a regular basis, or really love the money, this could be a great job. if you do need to be home nightly, or nearly nightly, apply for a local office. the hours and locations are a lot more random, but you will have a lot more home-time.
Pros
travel and money, paid to ride the van
Cons
time away from home
easy enough job as a starter job.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pomeroy, OHNovember 13, 2018
hours were long, learned how to manage time efficently.
hardest part of the job was the inconsistant hours. i really liked all the traveling, going to different states.
Pros
trtaveling
Cons
no benefits
If you like odd hours this is the place.
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 13, 2018
Start time could very from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm This consisted of driving the crew to the destination and loading and unloading heavy equipment. I would not recommend this place to work as all inventory for the year is finished by end of October.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, inconsistent hours and times
Fast paced
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 13, 2018
I was pregnant while working at WIS. I had to travel hours away from my home. The training was easy it would probably be a good job for someone not pregnant or with kids that they want to see.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
District Training Lead
District Training Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 12, 2018
This job is 100% what you make of it. If you are motivated, there is plenty of room for advancement. Entry level positions typically have early morning shifts, and there is usually some travel involved. If you're okay with those 2 things, there's a good chance you will like the job.

Through working for WIS International I have learned a great deal about the retail industry and inventory control processes.

Disclaimer - Each WIS office is different, so I suggest speaking with someone from the WIS office in your area to learn about the job.
Pros
Good people, weekly pay, advancement opportunities, flexibility
Cons
Disconnect between corporate and the field
Productive workplace
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
Job wasn’t to hard at all. Was pretty nice if I could have kept working for them I would have. Wouldn’t recommend if you can’t wake up a littler earlier then usual.
Good Job, Insufficient Hours
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
I liked the work, but did not like the inconsistent scheduling of hours weekly. There were some weeks when I did not work at all. No work on holidays. Long hours on your feet and very physically demanding. Travel time was not adequately compensated. Management not professional at times.
ok for temporary work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39206November 11, 2018
inventory companies are never a stable position never consistent schedule, great for someone in college that likes counting items over and over again
Awesome work place if you can keep up.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 8, 2018
Wis international was my first job and its a really good job. Only thing i would complain about is the hours. But they pay you for training and they provide you with a ride to work.
Pros
Paid training, shuttle to take you to and from work
Cons
Hrs
not my cup of tea
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MONovember 7, 2018
This job is more for young people. I worked for a traveling crew and you were on the road every week. No life when you have a job like that. I would not go back.
Anyone should be able to work here
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 7, 2018
The turnover rate is large so there is constant training of new people. I was also never given a break even if I worked 12 hours straight. Even when we had no breaks they would take breaks out of our paycheck because it is the law to give a break. I had constant hours and I was reliable but it got to be too muh.
Pros
Opportunity to travel lots of hours
Cons
Stealing money from employees, no breaks
Often feel overworked and underpaid
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  VariesNovember 6, 2018
By the time a shift is over typically, I've been absent from my family for 12 hours on a usual basis but due to lack of breaks and the hour deduct for travel to and from the job site only paid for 9 of those hours. Would be a great company to work for if u have no family at home and if they paid for all hours you are required be at work or vansite
Pros
The employees you work with on a daily basis are nice there
Cons
Skipped breaks and on regular basis 2 hrs deducted for regular commute to work time.
Traveling to new areas, seeing new inventory before it even gets on the shelves,
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 6, 2018
Traveled up to 3-4 hours away, with paid travel time, after first hour. Seeing new styles before anyone gets to see them. It's very fast-paced and use lots if numbers.
Pros
Benefits (wasnt there long enough to recieve)
Cons
Up all hours of the night into the next morning
Fast and fun to work for your first time
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 3, 2018
from the start you are put on hands on teaching and its a lot of fun to work as part of a team as a family and grow. you travel a lot and see different people every week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
wake up time are some times too early!
It was a fun place to work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 31, 2018
My work day started at 6 AM. I counted inventory at several different stores and warehouses. I really enjoyed working for the company. The boss was easy to get along with.
Interesting
INVENTORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIOctober 31, 2018
Hours of counting, I learned how to be more patient
I liked the people i worked with including some of the managers. But there is a lot of favoritism going on
Pros
Of island jobs
Cons
Short breaks. Favoritism
It was a lot of traveling all over California.
Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 30, 2018
We would go to different company’s, like Ross, JCPennys, corporations like that and count the inventory on the floor. We had to do it in a short period of time and if it was wrong we would have to go back and do it all over.
Pros
Got to see a lot of different towns.
Cons
Stressful work environment.
This was a very difficult place to work. Demanded alot from empoyees not making very much money.
Inventory Counter and Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2018
It was very difficult to keep people hired and working for WIS..
Supervisor's were all very different. The rules were different with each supervisor and it was hard on an employees to be on different teams. No consistency which made it impossible for employees to want to stay at WIS.
The hardest part of the job was listening to supervisors tell me what a better job they could do in hiring people for the job.
Upper management did not control middle management very well at all. Middle management did not support the districts like they should have.
The most enjoyable thing about my job was talking to the people looking for a job with WIS and interviewing them. Plus the support those people gave me in the day to day service I gave them.
Pros
Working with the employees
Cons
Dealing with upper management
Counting inventory
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2018
Get picked up early in the morning. Travelled to different stores and company to count there inventory. Also go in the stock room and count the overstock.
Pros
Go to different areas.
Cons
Not enough hours and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight