Wisconsin Department of Corrections Employee Review

View all Wisconsin Department of Corrections reviews

If you love your life, then don't do it. If you have no life and need money, go for it!
Correctional Officer I (Former Employee) –  Waupun, WIMay 18, 2019
Very stressful environment. Look forward to working 16 hour shifts. Be ready to be ordered to work on your way out of the door. Overtime calls every Tuesday. Your coworkers will go to sleep while the offenders are walking around. Your coworkers will make up roomers about you to see how you will react. If your coworkers don't like you, they will do their best to get you fired. There are unexpected riots at the max prisons. The only reason I would refer this job is if you need money and have no personal life.
Pros
Free prison food (made by the offenders), and overtime money
Cons
forced to work, no teamwork, major drama

Other Wisconsin Department of Corrections Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the position, was appreciated by patients, no insurance or scheduling hassles
Family Medicine Physician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 28, 2019
The job was exciting, new everyday, appreciated by patients, no scheduling problems or quotas to meet, minimal administration complaints, no insurance or prior authorizations to deal with
Pros
See above
Cons
Dangerous environment
Great people working here.
Correctional Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Oregon, WIJune 26, 2019
I worked here for 11 years. Thedainderstaffing issues were what finally drove me away. I was missing too much family time, and the money wasn't worth it anymore. The staff there s great though, all the way from the guards to the deputy warden.
Benefits
Cons
Long 16 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wisconsin Department of Corrections. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight