Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs

Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews for Senior Certified Nursing Assistant

3.5Job Security & Advancement
Honorable place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant 2 (Current Employee) –  Union Grove, WIMarch 13, 2015
Providing daily care for our veterans. I've learned that I enjoy caring for people and making a difference in their lives. Management is good. My co workers are team players. Hardest part of my job is seeing our members not have family visits. Most enjoyable is being able to give back to our vets.
worse place in the state for a union worker to work.
cna 2 and food service 2 (Former Employee) –  King, WIOctober 3, 2013
management made it very ruff on union staff and even ruffer on union board staff. But the union tried to keep it safe for staff and members. A lot of good staff to work with and good equipment. Hardest part was management required you to be perfect or get wrote up. They would go back into you past all the way to the day you was born. If they found something it did not matter if you met Wiscosin nursing standards. It was Fredal standards that they don,t tell you about when your hire. They can use that to let you go. Best enjoyable thing was wastaking care of the veterns and hering there family talk so postive about how good a care you was giving there family member. The family members war storys. Plus the honor of working with some great DON,s RN,s LPN,s and cna,s. Dont belief or trust most of the management from adon,s on up because most don,t care what you think fell or say. If you talk back well you just might get let go.
Pros
taking care of some great veterns
Cons
staff from adon, s on up that don, t care what you think or fell and say that want your in put but really don, t . They well use the to replace you.