Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs

Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Reviews

Honorable place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant 2 (Current Employee) –  Union Grove, WIMarch 13, 2015
Providing daily care for our veterans. I've learned that I enjoy caring for people and making a difference in their lives. Management is good. My co workers are team players. Hardest part of my job is seeing our members not have family visits. Most enjoyable is being able to give back to our vets.
A wonderful community for veterans
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  King, WINovember 23, 2014
As a CNA our days started by getting members up and ready for the morning, feed breakfast, take members to appointments or activities, toileting, set up for lunch, toilet and lay down if needed.

I learned to assist people that may have been through traumatic experiences.

Management was available but was not willing always willing to assist with internal issues.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of team work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the members. The stories I heard were remarkable and I will always cherish the memories I have with the members.
Pros
good pay and benfits
Cons
heavy workload
Great workplace
Social Work Internship (Current Employee) –  King, WIOctober 14, 2014
very great work place with many great employees.I enjoyed many different facets and gained experience in knowledge in working with veterans.
worse place in the state for a union worker to work.
cna 2 and food service 2 (Former Employee) –  King, WIOctober 3, 2013
management made it very ruff on union staff and even ruffer on union board staff. But the union tried to keep it safe for staff and members. A lot of good staff to work with and good equipment. Hardest part was management required you to be perfect or get wrote up. They would go back into you past all the way to the day you was born. If they found something it did not matter if you met Wiscosin nursing standards. It was Fredal standards that they don,t tell you about when your hire. They can use that to let you go. Best enjoyable thing was wastaking care of the veterns and hering there family talk so postive about how good a care you was giving there family member. The family members war storys. Plus the honor of working with some great DON,s RN,s LPN,s and cna,s. Dont belief or trust most of the management from adon,s on up because most don,t care what you think fell or say. If you talk back well you just might get let go.
Pros
taking care of some great veterns
Cons
staff from adon, s on up that don, t care what you think or fell and say that want your in put but really don, t . They well use the to replace you.
Amazing place to work, but odd scheduling
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  King, WIJuly 15, 2013
The scheduling for my position was for nights in one particular building, but it would sometimes be changed to a different shift in another building that I was unfamiliar with. Staff was very helpful and was always willing to lend a hand. The patients were easy to make friends with and always had a kind word for everyone. The hardest part was the scheduling and working in buildings I was not familiar with. Working here made me want to improve myself and my skills.
Pros
excellent staff, friendly patients
Cons
working in unfamiliar buildings
Great work place with up beat people and full of optimism
CNA 2 /Caregiver (Current Employee) –  King, WIApril 15, 2013
A typical day always starts a little hectic but doesn't take much to get into flow of things. I've learned great team work and people skills also the ability to build some problem solving skills as well. Every employee I've had the opportunity to talk with was very polite and respectful. The hardest part of working with the elderly is that there will be a day that they wont be there anymore, but it is most rewarding knowing that you were able to spend valuable time with these people and make a difference in their lives by providing them with top quality care and love.
Pros
working with people, many potlucks and very co-worker friendly
Cons
lunch break seemed too short, wish there was more time for one on one with patients
Team orrientated great people to work with
LTE Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  King, WINovember 5, 2012
A typical day included working on the TCGRx Machine while assisting fellow employees with processing, picking, and dispensing medications for the members. There is a lot of mulit-tasking involved with this position including answering phones, filing, and medication preparation. The people I worked with were real charactors, you never knew what was going to be said or how hard you would laugh about it until it happened. I actually enjoyed going to work everyday. The hardest part of the job was the day when we had to work shorthanded, but we all helped each other and the day flew by. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity in duties.
Pros
a great work experience with great people
Cons
lte position, no benefits or pto
It is a great honor to work for the WVH
Program Assistant-Confidential (Current Employee) –  Union Grove, WIMarch 19, 2012
I love working here, but they are focused on things that shouldn't matter. For an example, a member needs for a OTC med that we could supply, but will not because we have a budget. It breaks my heart to see this happening. As well as the employee's being over looked at, such as an LTE who is trying to get in for good at the WVH, but they hire someone else because they know them. Very sad and frusterating to see this happening on an every day basis.
Pros
to make a veteran smile
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.

Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Reviews by Location