Wisconsin State Fair Park Employee Reviews

Stepping stone
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 23, 2018
This Department was a stepping stone. Only worked during the state fair but became very stressful working a full time position and this job. Was sick during one training day and was punished for it.
productive
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 9, 2018
the work place at Wisconsin state fair is very fast paced seeing as there is a lot of people around. It is also very fun meeting new people and being able to share that experience with them
Good
Traffic Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2018
I loved it, Its a really entertaining and good job to have overall. You can also learn so much from having a job like this as well. Highly recommend it
Fun place to work
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 24, 2018
I was seasonal and enjoyed working with the customers. I like the fact the booths where you sell tickets were air conditioned. In 11 years I was not promoted, so it is hard to move up at that job
The epitome of basic unskilled manual labor
Grounds crew member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2018
There is absolutely nothing special about the job I did there. Apart from the actual fair itself, which was well-organized but very unpleasant and busy, it amounted to regular 8-hour days spent doing lawn maintenance. Management was present but not oppressive. Coworkers were civil but not friendly. The pay was better than minimum wage but not enough to live off. It was boring, consistent, and helped cover tuition. I would recommend it as a summer job for students, not as a long-term career.
Pros
Generally relaxed pace to work
Cons
Wretchedly hectic during the actual fair
Seasonal Position-Summer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 10, 2018
It is a good place to work but the people (customers) were nearly mean about 74% of the time and the heat exhaustion while scanning tickets was bearable to a certain point, overall, it was a good job.
Fun fast-paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service Ticket seller (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2017
Nice place to be for a short amount of time for a nice amount of money! Plenty of nice people to talk to and work with. Lots of people in your surroundings around your age.
State Fair
Senior Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 25, 2017
I worked there and did not like the govenment poltics. Needed more organization and less people talking about each other and concentrate on there own work.
Easy/Fun Seasonal Job
Runner (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 11, 2017
If you enjoy having fun and a shift that seems to go by in the blink of an eye, this job is for you. It's 11 days during the fair and isn't overly challenging. Compensation is above minimum wage and you can generally work as many or as few hours as you want/need, as long as you work it out with management before the fair begins.
Pros
Reduced Cream Puff Prices
Cons
Seasonal
WI state fair park was fun
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2017
i'd loved my experience with WI state fair park. I worked as a revenue auditor, I didn't have to dress like everyone else in uniforms,the managers brought it brownies and cream puffs. It was an amazing job.
I worked with the mounted police.
Mounted Police Stable hand (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 20, 2017
The officers were great to work with even if it was a hot day and the horses behaved very well. Dispatch was her nice answering questions that anyone had.
Pros
Working with horses and police officers.
Cons
The pay.
Firm but fair work enviornment
Ground Laborer (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMay 24, 2017
During my employment with the Wisconsin State Fair Park, I've come to appreciate all different levels of workers. I started out with picking up trash off the ground but quickly got advanced to golf cart driver. Over all, it's a very fun work environment and almost everyone who works there also enjoys the fair experience as well as the work.
Pros
Paid lunch, free range to walk around your park area
Cons
barn change-overs are stinky
Productive and interesting
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 15, 2017
I believe its a fun and respectful environment I learned how to communicate with the public alot more.I learned the appropriate was to search someone.
Everyday is different, but fun!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 10, 2017
I think it is a great place for young adults to have their first real job.
I enjoyed it. There is lots of diversity which is wonderful!

Thanks,

Wisconsin State Fair.
A good first job to have for some experience
Vehicle Band Transportation (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2017
This job opens your eyes to what it's like in the work force. The people at the Wisconsin State Fair make sure there employees are all straight. That way there won't be any confusion while working. Are strict in some areas but only for safety reasons because there's a lot going there throughout the 10 days that there open. But overall a place that I would look forward to coming back to every time there open in the summer of August.
Pros
Breaks usual time maybe longer, great employees and leadership, and well functional organization.
Cons
N/a
fun on the serving line
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 1, 2016
my day at state was pretty fun my boss helped out when I needed help I had fun working with customers I liked working I the kitchen. the serving line was also fun it was just a fun experience
Cons
it was hot
A diverse experience.
Food Prep Worker (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WINovember 22, 2016
Focus and very organized fast pace intention to detail at all time. fun and entertaining different and a great family experience.
state Fair was an awesome experience
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2016
I met new people everyday and my work team was one of the best teams I've ever been apart of. But the best part of it all was the fair, including the animals and food.
Pros
the work environment
Cons
the weather
Busy Busy.. Very satisfying
Cook (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 7, 2015
Seasonal. High volume. Very good crew to work with. Events manager is very profession yet personable. I enjoy meeting high quotas.
Pros
Good menu selections. Clear instruction for daily tasks and expectations.
Cons
Seasonal.
Responsibilities as a Security Mnaager
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 25, 2015
A typical day involved managing the assignments of grounds security officers for activities scheduled by administration for year round events.
Pros
Interaction with the public
Cons
Long hours exceeding a 8 hour work day.