Wise Health System Employee Reviews

it was a job
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXNovember 4, 2017
great place to work but wasn't getting paid enough for what we did. The hours were great sometimes even had to work overtime when someone would call in sick, etc.
I want to leave
RN (Current Employee) –  Med/SurgOctober 2, 2017
I am working here now and am trying to leave as fast as possible. The management is horrible, they don't listen, they don't care. The team work is non-existent. I literally have to force myself not to cry just at the thought of coming in. Do yourself a favor and run away!!
Cons
Worst place to work with very poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I have worked in health care for 30 plus years so I feel that my opinion on this facility is spot on. Very poor management with too much nepotism and favoritism going on in the hospital. This is undoubtedly the worst hospital I have ever worked at. I was so surprised at the lack of leadership. I constantly heard employees using foul language within earshot of patients. Also, heard many employees talking about patients within earshot of other patients. Overall this facility reminded me of the movie Deliverance. Very back woods, unprofessional, unsafe place.
A nice place to work.
O.R. Equipment Tech (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXAugust 12, 2017
Was the best work environment I had ever witnessed for myself. Friendly people all around. Fast paced work environment, always something to stay busy on or to learn.
Pros
good pay, steady work
Cons
politics
Great employers
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 8, 2017
The Sports medicine department at wise health system (Fit-N-Wise) is top of the line. Priority is patients first. Great people to work with and learn from.
Great place to learn and develop confidence
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 21, 2017
Best on-boarding experience around. They provide top notch education classes where you can actually ask questions. Management doesn't get involved in employee squabbles. Management works with you to keep you up to date and shows you exactly what you need to do to get a raise and it's the same route for everybody. Periodically, management asks you your plans and makes suggestions.

The other nurses were great and supported each other. The culture has a laid back country feel to it.

I worked 3-12 hour shifts, on the floor by 645 am and depending on how the day went was out between 7 to 830 pm if I got all my charting done. They use Soarian but are updating to All Scripts soon.

The hardest part is finding time for lunch; that's darn near the same at any hospital for any nurse. Had one Tech who tried to run rough-shot over the nurses. The rest of the Techs were great.

The best part of the job besides the education, the other nurses, and the country drive, was watching my PTO accrue.
Pros
Good group of gals to work with, Good management, Great Education
Cons
30 minute lunch
new to position
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 16, 2017
From what I can tell so far, it seems okay, I have been their a short time, but my coworkers seem alright. Luckily I have had previous experience in admissions and am able to keep up and handle the flow.
Pros
close to home
Cons
getting used ti the schedule
Growing medical system
Director Of EVS-Unit Manager-QA/PI for EVS (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXFebruary 1, 2017
I originally started with Wise Health System 23 years ago, the name of the single facility was Decatur Community Hospital. I have been with WHS through growth and changes with multiple locations providing a variety of services.
A typical day for me starts early (5:30am) this allows contact with 3rd shift staff for Q/A, support, encouragement and problem solving.
Check phone and email messages. Schedule and follow up on staff training-both new hires and continuing improvement to current staff. I guess you could say I do some "cheerleading" as well.
I am developing and monitoring SOP & task lists for multiple locations and assignments. Develop and establish Policies and procedures to achieve standardization throughout the EVS department in multiple locations.
My greatest lesson learned is "respect" earning employees respect is critical in leadership and to receive respect you must be respectful in all areas of the job.
The Management team is an amazing group of men and women who exemplify our motto "Customer service beyond expectation..." I would say that covers the workplace culture as well, we all work to understand expectations in order to "exceed" those expectations.
The hardest part of the job for me is accepting there are some things I cannot change.
By far the most enjoyable part of my job is teaching and training. I love answering questions and helping the team when I can.
Pros
Earned Paid time off.
Cons
Limited overtime
Great Work Place
Radiologic Technologist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXOctober 13, 2016
I currently work here and I really enjoy the fast paced work environment with everyone working as a team. The compensation is great. Great co-workers.
Tti
EDM tech (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 11, 2016
it was a job. It was my first job back to work after having my son. I didn't fit in well. The hardest part of the job was not being able to communicate with anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wise Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Wise Health System Reviews by Location