Wise Health System Employee Reviews

Good ole boy/small TX town mentality
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJune 4, 2019
Nice place to work and gain experience. Need to move on once you gain experience as Sr. Management controls (in a bad way) this organization, especially if you try to change/improve things. Senior level management (VP, C level) are more concerned with personal agendas. They hide their bad decisions or blame lower level associates for their mistakes, Also, one should also be concerned with the lack of minority members in Sr. Level Management. positions.
Pros
The people, company potential
Cons
Sr. Management, C Level
productive place to work
Physical Therapy Assistant - Fit (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXMarch 3, 2019
Physical therapy is great place to work, just not for long time. i do believe the pay should at least 11 to 12 an hr starting out. techs do a lot more than what is asked in the application and the majority of the techs are all hardworking and go above and beyond and they deserve the pay raise. Other than that it works with school schedules, and GREAT co-workers. Also easy training, everyone is real good at helping each other out and teaching anybody new on how we work there.
Pros
hour lunch, able to work with school schedule, also GREAT co-workers
Cons
understaffed, pay not great
Job
N/A (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXFebruary 16, 2019
It started out great but as the years went on loyal hardworking employees were treated as expendable. Also were not compensated for their additional education and/or additional job requirements . They expect more from hardworking employees and let lazy incompetent employees get away with not doing their job appropriately or safely.
Just "ok" place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Fairly nice small town hospital. Most of the doctors are nice to work with. Patients I worked with are so sweet. Staff don't seem to be very friendly. Passing them in the hallway, smiling and saying "hello" apparently is not something they are used to. Managers and directors aren't around much. It's an "ok" place to work.
workplace culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Great environment. Newly hired CEO. Positive influence on my career. Country small hospital that is growing. Staff are wonderful.
Believe Wise genuinely cares about their employees.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
limited growth ability
Great Place to Work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work however, has high turnover rate due to understaffing and low pay. Many use this company as a stepping stone and then move on to higher pay elsewhere.
Fun coworkers.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2019
No opportunity to advance. No opportunity for pay increases. No opportunity for overtime.
The doctors are amazing. All of the doctors at this location are worth working with in temperment and skill.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Management is not supportive
OK workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXDecember 22, 2018
It was an OK workplace I would not recommend going to work in housekeeping because of the supervisors they are lazy any manager is a liar In the HR department does people wrong
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXNovember 29, 2018
Almost every person you work with loves their job. They pay well.they really listen to the staff on what they need. It might be a small hospital but they have all the newest equipment. They could improve on their policies and procedures. It is wonderful to work at a hospital where everyone enjoys their job. Staffing is also great most of the time.
Lack of communication
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXNovember 21, 2018
For new hire. Never given start date or confirmation. New hire process is archaic. And needs an update. The pay scale low even with 33 yrs experience.
Wise Health
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXNovember 9, 2018
The environment is ok. Culture at the beginning of employment was toxic but got better with time. Employees are kind, caring, and love to help make your job better. Coworkers care but management is cut throat.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, Staff throughout hospital nice
Cons
management loves a drama filled work environment
Productive work place
CT TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Argyle, TX 76226November 2, 2018
I like that we are able to make our own schedules and are basically left to work independently.
The hardest part of my job has been trying to learn a new scanner that no one in metroplex has. I feel we have not gotten enough education on this equipment.
Pros
Staff works together for the common goal
Cons
Gossip
Save your mental health. Apply elsewhere
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Promotions were nearly non existent, and mostly based on who's been there longer or is buddy-buddy with the higher ups. Pay was horrible compared to similar positions across the North Texas area. I found myself dreading going back to work, and can honestly say there was no enjoyable part about working there, except for the benefits.
Pros
7 Hours of PTO per pay period, good benefits
Cons
Poor management, hardly any oportunity for advancement, very low pay
Challenging Position
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Challenging position with many busy days and a variety of responsibilities included. A lot of collaboration between disciplines is offered during this role.
Whs
Perioperative Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I have enjoyed my time of employment at WHS , my boss is a great asset to the floor I work on. Good dynamic noted among co workers. I intend on staying on PRN.
Has the potential to be better
EVS Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJuly 27, 2018
EVS department has the potential to be a lot better at this hospital IF:

- Had better training (stop having new hiree's that only had 2 days of
training, turn around and train other new hiree's)
- Didn't have such a high turn over rate (due to low pay and long
hours)
- Better management

Unless some change's occur, then that will be when housekeeping starts to improve.
Pros
discounted lunches, abundant overtime
Cons
under staffed, poor management, lack of team work, low pay
good atmosphere
Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2018
This is a great company to work at, good benefits, good paid time off output, works as a team, variety of shifts available. Management is communicative.
Review Summary
Office (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXJune 7, 2018
New upper mngt in this dept is very judgemental, unfair and will pick favorites/has picked favorites. It is a type of business you must know someone and/or suck up to make it anywhere sadly.

Prior mngt was wonderful. Every day was great. She was understanding, compassionate and family oriented. She was also strict and made sure you knew your job but made the employment with WHS good. Everyone respected her much more.

It is a very fast paced, no slack kinda of environment.
Benefits for medical, dental and vision are good.
NO paid holidays; you must use your own PTO.
Pros
insurance
Cons
mngt, no paid holidays
It was fun.
Public Safety Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 31, 2018
Everyone I worked with were great. Every day was different. If I were to go back I would. We were alway dealing with patients, staff, family, and visitors. It was always an adventure.
High paced work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 22, 2018
I really enjoy working here. I am meeting new people everyday, no day is the same. Some day scan get stressful with the high paces but that is what I enjoy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wise Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Wise Health System Reviews by Location