Wish

Wish Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
Good place to get some experience under your belt. Work varies and is better than most other PA gigs. Jobs are very infrequent, but worth the extra money from time to time.
If you love giving to others and help them achieve their personal and professional best WISH Inc is the place to be. Be a mentor and guide others through your achievements and stories of success.
This is not the correct store that I worked at. Wish was a boutique in stonybrook Village that held more boho style for women and added major fashion influence to myself.
Wish was an amazing company. great people and great perks. Definitely a company to work for if looking for growth in tech. Unfortunately my position was temporary
A year a go, the CEO decided to fire almost all management. This was a very poor decision as I've witnessed what has happen within the company. I gave the company time to see if the company knew better and unfortunately they did not. Everyone I know dread coming to work. We are worried about getting fired.

Frequent announcements of "Retirement plan" option to voluntarily leave the company and get a number of weeks of pay.

Organization have no structure.

Most people are underpaid because this is their first job.

Code quality is very poor.

All RSU grants require a 1 year vesting period, even if you've been employed over 1 year. I've never experience this kind of treatment before.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Fear of being fired
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Pros
- Great place to work

- Incredibly conducive work culture

- Awesome perks: free snacks, catered lunch and dinner, commuter benefits, travel reimbursement, fitness and personal growth reimbursements, great office view

- Social events: Happy hour, team outings, special intern events, lunch and learns

- Competitions - Hackathon

- Talented colleagues - There's a lot to learn from everyone and co-workers are extremely supportive

Cons

Not many, in my humble opinion, except that works hours aren't fixed so one might lose a little bit of work-life balance if assigned multiple tasks or projects. Although personally, I don't mind this at this stage of my career but it might concern a few people.

Advice to Company

Wish could use a few more seniors on board. There are a lot of interns and young people who are new to the field and it always helps to have a senior leadership to provide better direction to the mission and long-term goals.

Nature of Work

- Challenging projects - There's a lot to learn in the e-commerce space as the company prepares to lock horns with the giants such as Amazona and Alibaba

- It's a mecca for data people. The company is very data-driven and projects center around GMV.

- Don't expect a lot of meetings. Engineering teams mostly believe in focused work and you won't find a lot of people chatting or talking to each other. But again there is very different for social media or growth team.
Pros
Flexible hours, Catered meals, Snack rooms, Indoor games, Gorgeous SF view
Cons
Depends on the team but work-life balance isn't great
Absolutely chaotic management. Most so called managers are kids in their twenties who interned here and being pushed to the leader role. Having conversation with them is hard as they don’t know how to communicate with respect. Most of the time they simply drop by and start giving orders to do things in the ways they like. Can’t imagine any experienced engineers can bear this environment. These managers provide absolutely no help in your career development.

Please, hire real managers other than kids who are promoted simply because they work here longer, if you still ever want to retain or hire any senior engineers.
Good company. Nice people, very wealthy name company, i was so happy but it wan't for so long the happiness because i ordered to close my Paypal Credit account but it'll be reopened soon i guess..
I had great learning opportunities everyday as well as a good mentorship under the head chef. As well as the ability to learn and work hard on my own.
Pros
Free meals while working
Cons
No Healthcare
 Plan work schedules, hours, assignments, and job duties to ensure adequate staff services are rendered to all areas.
 Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility.

 Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans and staff education/training.

 Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.

 Maintain and support facility goals and objectives as they relate to third party patient survey process.
Pros
great food
Cons
- HR team is weak and doesn't engage in any employee relations work

- management outside engineering has a serious lack of diversity (all men except for content and hr). Used to be more diverse prior to hiring "official" managers. Standard excuses are used ("hire based on qualified applicants")

- burn & churn attitude towards non-engineering employees

- hire externally rather than develop internally: no effort spent on developing current employees

- engineers are allowed to act with impunity and systematically disrespect non-engineering employees

- ridiculous hiring standards leads to dearth of engineers and an unhealthy culture in engineering

- good benefits are used as an excuse to systematically massively underpay non-engineering employees. Sorry guys, catered food doesn't pay my SF rent.

- data-driven to the point of excluding common sense and cultural/social awareness that is critical in a global company
Pros
good benefits, good individual people, catered lunch and dinner, great office location, good snacks and drinks
Wish is a great for me to work right now. I can work from home and still have time with my baby girl. It is a great company with really good ethic and they appreciate the employees.
I enjoyed the ethics of Wish...truly handmade and fair trade products with an emphasis on local gifts. Great work environment and very open to suggestions, creativity and potential for growth.
I learned a wish a lot about fashion and what it takes to style a customer. I didn't like the pressure of having to sell clothes to customers. I felt like if they wanted to buy something that could but i didn't like the pressure of having to talk a guest into buying something. I enjoyed the many people i met and when a customer left the job satisfied.
This is a very rewarding place to work. The training was excellent. It made me feel like I was making a difference.