Awesome perks, challenging projects and lots of fun
Product Design Intern (Former Employee) – San Francisco, CA – September 27, 2018
- Great place to work
- Incredibly conducive work culture
- Awesome perks: free snacks, catered lunch and dinner, commuter benefits, travel reimbursement, fitness and personal growth reimbursements, great office view
- Social events: Happy hour, team outings, special intern events, lunch and learns
- Competitions - Hackathon
- Talented colleagues - There's a lot to learn from everyone and co-workers are extremely supportive
Not many, in my humble opinion, except that works hours aren't fixed so one might lose a little bit of work-life balance if assigned multiple tasks or projects. Although personally, I don't mind this at this stage of my career but it might concern a few people.
Advice to Company
Wish could use a few more seniors on board. There are a lot of interns and young people who are new to the field and it always helps to have a senior leadership to provide better direction to the mission and long-term goals.
Nature of Work
- Challenging projects - There's a lot to learn in the e-commerce space as the company prepares to lock horns with the giants such as Amazona and Alibaba
- It's a mecca for data people. The company is very data-driven and projects center around GMV.
- Don't expect a lot of meetings. Engineering teams mostly believe in focused work and you won't find a lot of people chatting or talking to each other. But again there is very different for social media or growth team.
Flexible hours, Catered meals, Snack rooms, Indoor games, Gorgeous SF view
Depends on the team but work-life balance isn't great