Wismettac Asian Foods Inc Culture reviews

Non-Asian/Woman need not apply
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2019
This company is built on Japanese way of running business on slave wages. If you aren't Asian or male there is no upward mobility.

For those who've lived in Japan or speak Japanese or the other majority ethnic background cultures (Korean or Chinese) you may think you know how to navigate and assimilate into the office culture. You'll be sadly mistaken. Non-Asian temp workers rarely get hired even after a year. The employee turnover rate is alarmingly high.

Everyone is friendly at first but as soon as they know your skill and how to get the most work out of you with faux kind gestures they will. Exclusion is the name of the game here. I was told that common office pleasantry talk was were disruptive while, anyone who talked in length foreign language weren't reprimand. (I know because I know Japanese). I rarely was invited to weekly work meetings and department celebrations or important office wide emails.

Legit worked fast my own task and on others paperwork and reports to show I was a team player and worth a promotion/raise. Instead I got a heavier workload and pastries. And when it got to be overwhelming and I asked for help I was met with the, "you need better time management." Even worst when I asked for a much deserved raise after years of reliable service and taking over yet another person work as they are too cheap or slow to find a replacement, I was told it "wasn't in the budget and that made mistakes." When I asked for specific mistake I made I was told it wasn't a good time to discuss.

The last straw was when I returned from a much deserved vacation
  more... that had been approved 5 months in advance, no one had help take over my work while I was away (which I had done time and time again for others)  less
Pros
Medical benefits and 401 k
Cons
do you have all day because it would be shorter to list the pros.
Team work benefits most
Assistant Logistics Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Attend work until daily tasks are done.
Multi tasking.
Flexible management.
Culture is changing for the better.
Dealing with unstable worker attendance due to low warehouse pay.
Pros
overtime
Cons
low pay for warehouse employees
It was very productive
Stocker/Receiver & keeping warehouse clean (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working there it was one of the best places ever to work. My coworkers were amazing & it was just a nice cool environment that I loved being in
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
It was part time & I wanted to be full time
Good company to work for
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
The people are nice and fun to work with. The managers and are understanding. Overall the company treated me equal and i had a good working experience .
Pros
Great culture, attractive benefits
Cons
Overtime
Nice place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Nice place. Lots of overtime. Cool management. Co workers are awesome. Diverse place lots of different ethnicities. Manager is very nice and chill. Fun place
Very stressful environment
Senior Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 1, 2015
I reach office at 8AM. Once I log in to my computer system, I browse through mails. I work on my assigned duties. If I have trouble with any missing info, I follow up through mails till the task is done. The rest of the days follow the same way.

I learned that everyday is a challenge.

Management are very helpful if needed.

As co-workers, we are all team player.

Hardest part of the job is a rush payable.

enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers. If needed, we all help each other out on a daily basis.
Pros
Holiday lunches cook out
Cons
Healthcare and holidays