WithumSmith+Brown Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and excellent work environment
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJMay 7, 2018
Withum is a wonderful place to work! Employees work as a group which puts them in a position of strength. Even though it is a high stress environment, working at Withum was always a pleasure.
Good place to start accounting career
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
Withum promotes flexible working hours. Great work/life balance. Its a great place to begin your accounting career and learn at your own pace. Must be a self starter to thrive. Small firm, turnover is high.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High turnover
Experience
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2018
Overall, a very good employer to work for. Management does a good job in creating a positive workplace culture for its staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the clients and assist them in their missions.
Flexible hours
Forensic Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 12, 2018
Tried to switch from taxes to Forensic and auditing. No set schedules and pressure based on the courts or Lawyers. Forensic accounting does not have a set schedule
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No set schedule
Computer SD Analyst /IT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2018
I've started with Withum nearly two years ago. That's one of the best choices I've made so far in my career. Great place to work. I usually say that Withum is a family oriented place to work. I'm not going to say that the company is perfect, no... I can only write about my experience.
I don't want to say much...come see for yourself.
Hardest part of the job - only if you don't know what you're doing - you'll find yourself behind.
most enjoyable part for me is being part of the firm and coming to work - when I walk in - I can see hope in peoples' faces and that gives me a reason to come to work each day.
Pros
Ways to educate yourself and learn, Outing, free dinner and lunch, job stability, healthcare, so many
Cons
I don't see any yet...
Too much expected with too little guidance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 13, 2018
Expected full time work with part time hours. Co-worker told me "we don't expect you to do it fast; we expect you to do it right" In reality - no mistakes allowed and get it done when they want it done. It was a small office and if HBI doesn't like you she will backstab you.
Pros
Good snacks, free lunches at times, liberal PTO
Cons
Limited training and no feedback - good or bad
Withum, Smith and Brown
Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJDecember 17, 2017
This was a medium sized accounting firm that I started at after graduating college. It was very hard work and not for me. My boss told me I should go into sales. I was selling real estate already, so I continued.
Nice mid-sized firm
Principal (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 23, 2017
The firm has grown very well in the last 10 years - both organic as well as inorganic. The regional focus is the East Coast - but probably needs to spread out further.
Pros
Quality of work
Cons
Conservative
good comany to work at
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 3, 2017
If you want to go to a medium size CPA firm this is a good place to be. They really take care of their the accountants and have fun in the miserable times that everyone is sharing
Professional atmosphere, great connects
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 9, 2017
WS&B is the perfect entry-level job for college students, with great potential for advancement, especially for business students pursuing fields like accounting. The employees are all extremely friendly and sensitive to their clients' needs. In my opinion, one of the best perks of the company is their involvement in fun team-building events, like celebrating end of year tax seasons and inviting their staff to luxurious venues for winding down after a long year.
Overall a good company to work for.
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. Typical audit firm, decent culture, management varies greatly based on the office you work in. Work and life balance is difficult at times. Good compensation and benefits.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Although I only worked at WithumSmith+Brown for a short amount of time, they seemed to value a work life balance as much as possible for a public accounting firm. The company I worked at prior to Withum was acquired by WIthum.
Valuation Intern
Valuation Intern (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 18, 2016
Learned VBA
USA Work Culture
Staff is friendly
Work Life balance is good
Co workers are helpful
Hardest part
If you fit with their culture you are golden if not you should leave.
Para Professional Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
This is not a place for you to learn or advance.People are not very helpful in guiding you. I worked in the NY office and the people were afraid of losing their job due to the merger between Eisner and WithumSmith & Brown. They do give you flex time, free lunches and vacation time. But you must use your vacation time or lose it. You do not get paid for unused time.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how well you work but who you know and if you fit in with their culture.
Learned a lot here
AUDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJAugust 6, 2013
This accounting firm was a great place to learn as a staff accountant. The firm is made up of many small offices which makes it hard to advance.
Great place to work for, growing company with many advancements for employees!
Semi-Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMay 3, 2013
WithumSmith&Brown is a great company to work for. You feel like part of a team while working at this firm and the variety of clients you get to work with give you great experiences with your career in accounting. The management is wonderful and is always there to help you advance in your career. Staff is very friendly and intelligent. I enjoyed my time at WithumSmith&Brown and I am happy to say that I was an intergal part of their team when I worked with them.
Low compensation for high stress
Accountant (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 29, 2013
It's public accounting. Get in, get your CPA, get out. If you're not into getting way up the accounting food chain, you'll hate every minute of it.
Pros
decent experience
Cons
terrible hours, high stress