Witt O'Brien's Employee Reviews

Productive management and support staff. Great I.T. deparment.
Disaster Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77024October 12, 2018
Great place to work. Rewarding to help other in dire time of need. Great pay and autonomy. Managers demanding because of the nature of work, but not overbearing.
Work day
IT System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
my responsibilities have included managing projects on a daily basis and assisting with technical difficulties to clients and internal teams. Special projects included evaluating different software, and thoroughly analyzing and testing it from all perspectives. A major goal I achieved was providing training to 300 employees in two weeks and resolving any technical issues for the software after the launch. I had the opportunity to present new features and new ideas to help the company’s growth and was hugely complimented when they were successfully implemented. In addition, I was responsible for active directory management, creating accounts, assigning permissions, creating email addresses, group policies, and providing assistance on multiple applications and platforms. I work closely with teams in the Oil & Gas/Energy sectors in providing assistance on applications, I am an application administrator for several applications. I create governance and acceptable use policies, fail-safe strategies, monitoring and alert configurations, OS patching/upgrades, performance tuning enhancements, and internal/ external cybersecurity of data as well as physical security of the servers themselves. I am also in charge of IT purchases and vendor relationship. I work closely with the Development team in building new software, testing, enhancing current software’s and automating test scenario and server monitoring tools. I also manage our cloud based file share and SharePoint online.
I am very frequently deployed to disaster locations to assist with IT infrastructure for the city/county/state,
  more... also I have solely stood up Data centers in different locations for our company, network management, server configuration. I also have build business cases for different sectors of the business with their IT software requirements.
I am also in charge of the 24/7 Command Center operations. I manage all the events hosted by our company to fulfill all IT needs.
Good Environement
Operations Manager (Acting Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
WOB is a fast paced company that needs an action based mind to implement strategic elements to complete the task. It's a great kinetic experience to Lead many people.
Learned a great deal and worked alongside some great people
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2018
I was able to learn a lot about the private side of disaster response and recovery as well as work with some of the best minds and people in the industry during my time there. Most of them have moved on to start their own firms in the field but I still believe ther to be good people at Witt.
Pros
pay
Cons
job security and company direction
Great job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company they gave me ajob when no one else would after the hurricane harvey and gave me chance to provide for my family and fix my home
what i experienced as an employee of Witt OBriens.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 18, 2018
Witt O'Brien's is a good company to work for. Everyday is a different challenge from oil spills to disaster. I learned how to respond quickly without panic. I had opportunity to learn a lot of areas of the company.
Pros
Employees are taking care of.
Cons
Should be paid the hours you work
Contractor
HR Recruiter /Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Had the opportunity to learn various tasks in various departments given responsibility that I previous would not have had. Good work environment. Ability to work independently without being micromanaged
Unprofessionally managed
Manager (Former Employee) –  USVIMay 8, 2018
Extremely unprofessional senior management, blatantly practice nepotism, do not follow basic HR protocol with no accountability from higher level managers.
Takes care of its supervisors & management
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsApril 16, 2018
Love working for Witt O'Brien's pay is great and amenities when working away from home are grade A+
Projects are about 3mth, you know when you take these positions that the hours are going to be long with no days off but it is so worth it!
Yes you get tired but with this being a temporary position you step up and strive to get the job done right. Making sure that clients expectations are exceeded.
It feels great to read reviews of how well the project went
Pros
Helping Others in hard times
Cons
Going Home
Great
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala FlMarch 11, 2018
I Enjoyed Working For This Company I Learned A lot While Working Here. I Would Love To Work Full Time For Witt O’Briens Company The Company Helped A lot Of People Find Jobs.
Amazing Work place - low pay
Watchstander - HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2018
PROS:
Definitely one of the best places I have worked.
Great Work place Culture, never hated coming into work
Great lateral mobility
Excellent opportunities to be trained and learn about the industries supported by company services

CONS:
NOT competitive in pay
Pros
Training; Work Culture
Cons
NOT Competitive in pay
Quick paced, long hours
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Active environment, Long hours, overtime pay, work outdoors

As a field monitor, you are responsible to monitor haul or cut trucks as they load with storm related debris.
Admin
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 16, 2018
The job was great. The environment started out great until the new Project Manager came and took over. It was a joy working for Witt O'Brien in the Human resources department, as the admin. Even though I was not treated fairly by the new Project Manager (due to her wanting her own people from Texas), I would do it every year..
Thanks for the opportunity to make a difference in someone's life. Being able to give someone else a job is always awesome.
Thanks,
A happy employee!
Pros
The pay is excellent and you get great hours.
Cons
Someone can demote you without cause, and a PM can pick and choose who they want around without having a reason.
Fun workplace and supervisors were very helpful when needed more work
Debris Monitor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GADecember 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company. Nice environment and had opportunity for overtime which was the best. They provided ice and water for employees due to the hot weather conditions.
Pros
Provided ice and water and also sodas and donuts on different occasions
Cons
Trucks would breakdown which lead to time off if no other availability
Fast Paced Hurricane Recovery
Disaster Recovery Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  N Lauderdale, FLDecember 16, 2017
Fast Paced Hurricane Recovery, Ran three teams on hurricane recovery operations, 70 days pulled in 98000 Cubic Yards of debris, mulched down, and hauled out.
Pros
Great people, good pay, hotel, rental car, per diem
Cons
Didn't last long enough, on call for next storm!
Review of Witt O"Brien's
Client Specialist - Vessel Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
Witt O'Brien's, was a great place to work. I enjoyed working with the people and the short time I worked there, they really embraced me. I was only there for 3 months. Temporary assignment.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Only got to work there for 3 months
Cool atmosphere and quiet surrounding
Watch Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
The company so far has been ok. My only wish would be to work under the person who did the initial hiring. I've learned a great deal about prodcedures that vessels and different companies are supposed to adhere to.
Cons
No break, cant't leave the building or office. Nonflexable schedule
No Complaints
Associate Consultant and Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
People were great, it was a nice atmosphere but there was always a limited budget since you're billing clients for your hours. I was there during a buyout and reorganization so it's hard to say how it is now.
Great location and nice people!
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2017
I only wish there was a clear advancement structure. Not sure if I can grow within the organization. Otherwise, the people are very nice. It is a laid back work environment. At times I'm allowed to work from home and that is a plus! The CEO has great energy and seems to have the company on a path for growth.
Easy to catch on
Data Entry Specialist/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 22, 2017
I love the company, position and met some cool people. I look forward to the next project that they have in my area. Once you learn the system it's a pretty easy job.
Pros
Work with your schedule
Cons
Never know when contract ends