WITTE BROS. EXCHANGE INC. Employee Reviews

Productive and fast-paced
LEAD TIRE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Troy, MOMay 18, 2018
The manager of the shop has a high attention to detail. The job is very physical and requires lots of lifting. The job requires changing tires for work orders and when asked to do so.
Ideal For any Missourian
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOMay 1, 2018
The Staff is friendly, the facility has everything a driver needs like a machinc shop and drivers lounge; drivers arnt too good about cleanliness but you’ll find that the place is well swept from time to time. If you do not live close to Troy, MO or at least inside the state of Missouri do NOT expect to get any home time and if you do enjoy it cause it will be rare, the trucks are nice and new;trainers are easy to work with if you know what your doing; if you dont show effort or intrest to stay after finishing your CDL training program they will notice and will use the power of technicality to cut you off and part way from you. You wont see a dollar while you getting your license and dont be surprised if you see less than 300.00$ a week during OTR training . All Trucks are automatic so youll get restricted from driving a truck manually on your license . You will get your hands on a CDL going through thier truck driving school thier instructors are very cool and know what they are saying trust them. What else..... the showers need remodeling and NO HABLAN ESPAÑOL.
Pros
Youll learn how to drive professionally.
Cons
They will not cut you some slack.
Great place to start
Driver (Former Employee) –  Troy MissouriMarch 29, 2018
This is a great place to start if you have not a CDL as they only require one year contract to teach you. Problem is it's only automatic so when you leave you have to find a place to have your automatic restriction lifted or find another place worth going to the has automatic trucks. They don't acknowledge their mistakes or compensate for them unless pointed out multiple times. They hardly get their out-of-state drivers home and take advantage of them being away from home. They always tell people things are changing and growing yet they are still stuck in the 80s with pay. They use they're handbook against you. Meaning that if you forget to write something down on your trip envelope that you work on breaking down and unloading even though they know they didn't pay a lumper a couple hundred dollars to do it they will not pay you significantly less pay that they tell you you will get unless you write it down. When you take somebody from their house and home for more than a hundred hours a week and make them responsible for more than just driving or keeping track of paperwork for keeping track of how much Freight is on the truck and on a mad that you had to constantly be doing while driving. You should never ever used technicality under pay your drivers
Pros
Friendly people decent equipment great shop personnel On-Site Truck Wash
Cons
Pay, managment, planning
Not terrible, not great
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MODecember 28, 2017
The overall experience at Witte bros for me is best described as a rollercoaster. Sometimes the environment is good, sometimes bad, sometimes dull, sometimes stressful. I think most of the stress comes from the company’s growth and therefore lack of structure. It may very well one day be a dream job for some but for me, I want something else.
Pros
Laid back evironment most days, paid vacation, benefits
Cons
Poor working hours, lack of structure, chaotic at times, dull at others
Official response from WITTE BROS. EXCHANGE INC.
January 9, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. You are correct, we are definitely experiencing growth. The transportation industry is ever evolving and we strive to meet the challenge of keeping up with those changes. Our senior leadership and management are always looking for ways to improve our processes and efficiencies and value all feedback towards improvement.

2018 is going to be an exciting year for Witte Bros and we are optimistic that we are putting processes in place that will set us up to thrive.

We hope you will stay along for the ride!

Great people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Troy, MODecember 7, 2017
I did not want to leave these guys I enjoyed working for them. All the paper work was a pain sometimes. But I did enjoy everything else. The mechanic team is very good and usually on top of what needs to be done.
Witte the LTL style trucking it could be a pain but the stop pay and other bonus pay held make up for the pain.
I really did enjoy working here and am sorry I could not stay.
Nice Atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOOctober 30, 2017
Witte Bros is a very nice company, compensation is ok. Equipment needs better upkeep, very people friendly, met the CEO, very nice guy, I left because I found a local company. Overall, very nice experience
Pros
Compensation
Cons
equipment needs better upkeep
They are a family oriented company
Admissions Representative-Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOApril 2, 2017
They are a very caring and family oriented company that give a lot of individuals a chance to make a good income. I really enjoyed meeting new people and learning about their families.
Great company to drive for
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Troy, MOFebruary 27, 2017
Good trucking job. Especially for beginners to the industry.
They will be patient with you. Plenty of miles and stops if you can handle it.
Ugh
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Difficult place to work. Advancement is severely constrained and the company is not willing to change and adapt for future growth.
Official response from WITTE BROS. EXCHANGE INC.
November 13, 2017

We are growing company and changes are happening each and every day. We are always looking to existing employees to advance to the next level. Our mindset is to grow our own talent and we are looking for internal candidates who will rise to the challenge.

Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Troy, MONovember 13, 2016
I would have to call this the most average trucking company on earth not great not bad just average that is the best way I can describe it it's just typical Over the road.
Growing Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Troy, MOOctober 20, 2016
The miles are there if I want them. I get weekly home time with guaranteed weekly pay. When coming in off the road I greeted with smile and appropriation.
Priductive but great work environment
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOOctober 18, 2016
Great place to work, the people are all wonderful people. A place where you can enjoy going to work everyday. Plenty of room for advancement, they recognize the people that help promote the company.
Pros
Great people, Good benefits, Great work culture
Cons
none that I can think of
Treat you like family
Driver (Current Employee) –  Troy, MOFebruary 9, 2016
Great people, good training. Nice size company your a name not a number. Fleet Managers are easy to work with. The equipment is beautiful. Trucks have flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, and DVD players. Shop staff is well trained and preventive maintenance is done regularly so your problems on the road are few and far between.
Pros
Newer well maintained equipment
Cons
Being away for family but I am home weekly
Fast paced trucking company
Administrative Assistant/Assistant Load Planner (Current Employee) –  Troy, MOJune 12, 2014
A typical day at work would deal with a lot of time spent on the telephone and dealing with emails to schedule and check on loads. I learned a great deal of how to perform professional customer service as well how to multi-task in a business envirmonment. The management at this company I would say is very easy to work with as well as the co-workers, everyone is pleasant to be around. The hardest part of this job is to always keep in mind that the person behind the wheel of these trucks are human beings and we need to make sure that is always in the back of our minds when setting up trucks to ensure their safety. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to create relationships with people all around the U.S that you speak with on a daily/weekly basis.
Pros
Being around people
Cons
Sitting at a desk all day
Over the Road Semi-truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOOctober 24, 2012
Very nice people to work with. Everything was organized and professional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WITTE BROS. EXCHANGE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

WITTE BROS. EXCHANGE INC. Reviews by Location