WL Plastics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management, poor working conditions
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTSeptember 18, 2018
It has been a while since I worked at WL Plastics, but from what I recall I was required to be there 7 days a week, and was not allowed to take any accrued vacation days. The pay was very poor compared to industry averages, and the management was even worse, when the management wasn't busy playing on line, they were busy complaining about the noise that was made in the actual production line.
Pros
Cons
No vacation, poor benefits
Stressful and little job security.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Snyder, TXAugust 23, 2018
12 hour shifts but only had to work 7 days in 2 weeks. Very long hours and a LOT of younger, cheaper workers that can't seem to be bothered with things like coming to work on time, if they come in at all. That leaves a small shift very short handed and having to take up the slack because a line can't be shut down when that worker didn't show up. Management is not in touch with workers or their needs. The posted statements indicating the company "cares" about employees' well being are a joke. They care only about company numbers.

New European owners started a "zero tolerance" safety policy. Understandably, they want to improve their safety numbers to help their sales. This has the effect of creating a cutthroat environment in production and shipping. It seems to be aimed at getting rid of any worker they feel like. A lot of incidents go overlooked. But if you stub your own toe, they'll fire you if they think you're paid too much. I've been out of work because of this for almost 2 years and I was denied unemployment. I'm loosing everything, nobody else will hire me for anything and they don't care about the effect their policies have on people they claim to care about.
Frustrating and Upsetting place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 23, 2018
Good company to work for but management is terrible verbal abuse daily management makes the job horrible not a pleasant environment to work in and makes it difficult to do your job
fun people to work with
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 11, 2018
productive and fun people working with u play a lol of games u have more good days I learned how to run all the machine I think the hardest part is starting up your machine
fast paced hard working
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 26, 2018
fast paced, hot, work driven, hard work. enjoyed the time that I was out there. very little micro management. do your job and go home type atmosphere.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
inexperianced supervision
Very physical not for the weak
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXMay 30, 2018
It was 150 degrees in the summer inside and was the most physically demanding thing I'd ever done. I did enjoy learning and most of the processes and the guys treated me like one of them since I was the only girl.
Pros
Work 3 days on 4 off then 4 three off
Cons
No real breaks at all and hotttt
Layed Back
Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 30, 2018
Easy once you learn the job. It's a new company so things have to get straightened out. As with any new place. Other than that I love my job. You have to pay attention to detail. Running scrap cost money, I don't think people care because it's not their money. If it was, they would do the job right and stop taking short cuts.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Need people who care about the job . It's not for everybody
Forklift Operator and Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXMay 29, 2018
It was a great place to work, just didn't make enough to support my family's needs at the time. They have wonderful benefits and opportunities for advancements.
No interest in good workers, just warm bodies.
Production Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 11, 2018
No job security. Constant harassment from loud, overly confrontational, disrespectful management. Unbelievable amount of turnover to avoid giving full pay, raises, vacation, and access to benefits. Only friends and family of management treated fairly, everybody else is trash. Any issues regarding the final product are addressed quickly and taken very seriously. Issues regarding treatment of employees are ignored. Don't waste your time here, it's not worth it.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You will hate every day of it.
good insurance
Extrusion Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTMarch 28, 2018
fast paste work environment not bad on pay but chances of moving up not too good as many in management are friends with each other as they chose leads and supervisors

Want to know more about WL Plastics?

Ask a question
Great productive job
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 20, 2018
At wl plastics you get a chance to learn and advance. Your pay depends on your work and how you work. Its a great opportunity to work there with great benefits
Pros
paid lunch and advancement
Cons
Good manufacturing company- reasonable pay and hours.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 24, 2017
Employees work about 12 1/2 hr shifts and it averages out to about 15 days month. Work is repetitive but there are always things to keep busy. A typical day at work requires a fair amount of general labor tasks. The job description in the interview was the same as the job expected in the facility. Facility is clean and organized. Daily and continuous safety meetings. Company/job is stable.
It was a good place to work besides me being direspected
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 28, 2017
It was a good place to work overall. But I just couldn’t tolerate being disrespected by the plant supervisor. He was unprofessional about things and respect is important to me.
Pros
Good money, some good people
Cons
No respect given
Long hours on feet hot environment loud
Floor Hand (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 28, 2017
Ok place to work pay is low hours are long loud strenuous work have to pay attention to details and procedures some heavy lifting required safety oriented
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 15, 2017
i really loved working here i only left because my wife wanted to go back to work so we had to work our schedule to fit careing for our 1 year old i would still be working here if not for that.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXMay 7, 2017
They teach you everything you need to know. I can't say anything bad about this job. Every division was wonderful to work in. The people are friendly.
Pros
Everything there is great
Played favorites
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 22, 2017
Alright place to work if you're a brown noser. They have their favorites and they show it. They don't give you breaks, or little to no time to eat (maybe 5 minutes.) they tell you one thing in the safety tool box talk but mean another. For example; it's hot outside. That's the topic for the morning. They tell you to let your supervisor know if you need to cool off cause your overheating and you feel woozy. They say we don't have time for that. You can have 3 mistakes in almost 4 years and get fired but someone that makes mistakes all the time can do no wrong. Or the supervisor does everything for them so they don't make mistakes. Raises? Yeah right.
Pros
Not much of anything.
Easy Work
Forklift operator/yard hand (Former Employee) –  Mills, WYApril 11, 2017
You are required to work outdoors in varying types of weather. The work itself is easy but labor intensive. The co-workers are easy to get along with.
Low pay and no where to go
Start up (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTApril 11, 2017
The work wasn't bad, but the management was not very on top of it and played favorites. They offered very little in pay increases and no chance for advancements.
Great work environment and room to grow
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
I learned a lot about manufacturing here. They were great about promoting within and advancing hard workers. Great company to work for but I left to go to college