Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Not my cup of tea
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 8, 2018
This was the most high pressure, stressful position I have ever been employed for. While their reputation had been highly rated I did not find the treatment to be reasonable and fair for all employees.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking
Cons
High pressure, Stressful
Great place to work.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 21, 2018
12-hour shifts, 3-4 days a week. Good benefits, good pay, and good work environment. There are opportunities for advancement within the company. Overtime opportunities as well.
Pros
benefits, 3-4 day work week.
Cons
Exposure to very sick patients, emotionally challenging at times
Busy and fast-paced
Nutrition Operator (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAMarch 13, 2018
A typical day at Morrison Healthcare consisted of interacting with the patients over the phone and talking to them about their diet orders an what they would like to eat. I would also talk to them about any customer service related issues or questions they had. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to different kinds of patients over the phone all of the time. I also got to take the orders up to their room if the patient that called in was from the Fair Oaks hospital. The hardest part of my job was dealing with any kind of patient that was not so nice and not in a good mood. You would have to work with any patient, no matter what they are going through. What I learned from working with Morrison Healthcare is that it is important to always be respectful and always act like you're in the real business world. People are always watching you no matter what, and the patients will remember if you are not so kind to them or disrespectful towards them. The workplace culture was great and was not an issue at all. Everyone treated everyone else with an equal amount of respect. The management side was pretty good as well. My manager would give me hours that I wanted and knew when to schedule other employees and when not to schedule them.
Pros
Worker's compensation
Cons
Short breaks
Upper management lacks creativity
manager (Former Employee) –  new orleansMarch 11, 2018
Cookie cutter approach does not always work - horrible people skills from corporate toward managers who treat hourly employees with respect.Menu offerings unimaginative
it's ok
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 10, 2018
I think that some things could be better.we could have more employees to help cover some shift. Overall. It's a good place to work with friendly people around.
Pros
Cons
health insurance
Cook Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 5, 2018
I’ve enjoyed my 6 years here for the most part. I have had good benefits and made long lasting friendships. I have started at the bottom and now made my way to the top and I am proud of my self for that and them giving me the opportunities.
Pros
Good insurance available for full time
Cons
Vacation time having to earned, had to clock out for breaks
Good benefits and Paid time off
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PA 19464March 5, 2018
Management seems to hire anybody that walks in the door, not strict enough with employees that ruffle the team's feathers nor do they check in enough to make sure training is being done properly (should have a checklist for trainers). No compensation for the holiday, off working hours or weekends. Pay could be higher to compensate for insurance. 3% raises is not competitive. New hires are starting at large various wages. Very stressful when the staff is off, nobody to fill in.
Fast pace place lots of walking overall fun and exciting job where you interact with patients
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 3, 2018
Great job for a fun loving caring heart. Is a fast pace place and involves some heavy lifting pushing and pulling of food trays must take patients orders deliver meals pick up trays after meal and help kitchen area clean and prepped
Pros
Amazing meal deal rate great insurance benefits
Do Not Work Here-Morrison Healthcare
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 3, 2018
Long hours, management is mediocre best. Constantly changing your duties-adding more while your pay remains stagnate, not even a cost of living adjustment. Poor working conditions. No room for advancement even though they claimed they do in the interview process, 9 out of 10 times they hire outside the company.
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
see review
Solid!
Food Service worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 8, 2018
A fun, fast-paced work environment that matches pay towards the amount of work given, despite a large work-load on particular days. Great management and wonderful opportunities.
Pros
Good pay, great management
Cons
Work load
Great place to get your foot in the door as a cook
Supervisor/Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXFebruary 7, 2018
When I first started I wanted to be a chef, but I had to work my way up from the bottom before I got a cook position. My original manager was great and helped me to learn the trade as well as got me special training for additional skills at a sister facility. I left there as a supervisor for my last job title under new management that was pretty terrible and wanted to change everything. She also did not allow me flexibility for attending school and wanted me to work days I was supposed to be in classes.
Great Place to Work
Traveling Food and Nutrition Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Great Place to work. Morrison has great support for new managers as well as season managers.It really does give quality of life and more. They believe in building a team that will support you in every decision that you need to make.
good place to work
Cook/Prep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 1, 2018
the manager and people are good to work with.pretty easy job.you can learn valuable skills like time management ,multi tasking,cook,prep,and everything in between.
Productive, Fast Paced and Customer Orientated
Sales (Current Employee) –  PenrithFebruary 1, 2018
A continuous fast paced work place to meet demand. Team based departments. Own initiative required for when you have to lone work. Goal orientated working hours, certain things/jobs required completed before certain times or finish. Customer Service orientated, have customers found everything they are looking, how easy was it finding items etc.
Pros
Discounted Lunches, 10% Staff Discount
Cons
Understaffed, More Responsabilty
Stressful, poor communication, no coordination
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 30, 2018
no consistency daily, constantly changing things,stressful, lack of empathy,no communication, no room for advancement, pay not great, management training needed
Pros
Tried motivation activites, offered meal plan
Cons
No communication between management and staff
Fast Paced work environment with opportunity to grow.
Assistant Director of Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2018
Working at Morrison has taught me a lot about my managerial skills and how to handle financials. The company has so many room for growth and opportunities.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
work-life balance
Workable environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJanuary 29, 2018
A typical paced workday in the dish room is smooth running, complete sweeping tasks and dish running in a timely manner and it is a smooth shift. Keep
Pros
cafe, break room
Cons
poor managment, biased staff base
Do not recommend.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 29, 2018
All shifts are constantly understaffed in an effort to cut labor costs. Management and company over all does not care about the people working for them.
Not a good company at all
Supply Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 27, 2018
Holidays are not time and a half no room for moving up at all you are were you are and that's it plain and simple a horrible company to work for we were contracted out to them so we have no choice in the matter have to pay for are food
Pros
Cons
So many
Easy work that will keep you on a set schedule
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 26, 2018
A typical day at work would be busy with a set schedule and managing all your time to match the criteria of the hospital. Typical food service experience.
Pros
full 8 hours
Cons
drama with employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight