WMS Gaming Employee Reviews

Leadership was lost
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2019
Leadership lived in a bubble and often favored those people/groups that gave the most attention. At times felt like the company culture was in over its head/bigger than its britches. The Williams brand was long gone - soulless.
Gaming Industry
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 6, 2019
Number one in the gaming industry during the time I worked there. Gained great experience in accounting after graduating from college. Great location.
Challenging Job at Times
Sr. Field Service Tech For Washington State (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 4, 2018
The job was challenging at times because of the hours and the new technology that was released to the field.
I had to learn in the field some advanced computer skills while talking to a systems engineer over the phone.
What us tester do each morning.
Quality Assurance Tester, Inspector and Assembly (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 4, 2018
Every 3 months you check to see what line you will be working on for that quarter. You punch in time clock and go to your line when bell rings. Get your software the new line lead for that line gives you, turn on computer and log in. Get your tester paper sheet to fill out for each slot machine you do. Learned how to test slot machines and assemble them. There was a different assortment of people. Hardest part of job was working 12 hours a day.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays
Cons
Had too many 12 hours days in a row
wms
Account executive (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Wms is where I learned techniques regarding sales. We have daily meetings to go over sales tactics. then we hit the road and sell until we come back to the office to wrap up
Innovative and fun place to work
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IllinoisOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work. They are very innovative and emphasize on personally growing and develop each employee. There is a lot of potential for advancement and pay is very well. Management is great...but of course there is always the typical politics in a big company.
Pros
Free fountain drinks. Excersize room and entertainment lounge.
Cons
not everyone can go to the G2E expo :(.
WMS used to be a great place to work until acquired by Scientific Games
Product Regulatory Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2017
Future of the Chicago campus is shaky, but still a good company to work for. management has not found its footing yet, seems there is a lot of shooting from the hip.There are some good people working there and this is the best part of the job, but recently this is counterbalanced by the fact of having to meet unreasonable deadlines under strenuous circumstances.
Pros
Good people, good benefits, salaries
Cons
Uncertain Future Job prospects.
Good
Senior Analyst, Finished Goods Coor (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 29, 2017
Overall good place to work. Not enough room for advancement. At times some management folks did not show professional behavior towards employees. Some managers would reprimand workers in front of entire dept. causing embarrassment
Pros
Salary
Cons
Advancement opportunities
tough but fair
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 28, 2018
learn a lot made friends great place most the time , had a café inside with a great lunchroom , state of the art restrooms , they supplied you with the tools to get the job done
Pros
pay, air con
Cons
laidoff
Nice productive fun place to work
Principal II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2015
Great place to work and an excellent benefits package. Good management and a good balance of work and life. Great programs for onboarding test engineers and getting them setup. If you try at this company you can succeed.

Not sure how they are fairing since they were acquired by Scientific Games as I only worked there for a short time after the acquisition took place.
Pros
Excellent benefits and great gym. Fun activities such as movie outings and softball!
Cons
Always have crunch time in this industry so that's not really a con in my book ;)
Progressive company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
WMS was a progressive, forward thinking when I worked for them. Smart, aggressive upper-management. The technology side of the company was its strength.
Wind machine sales
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 6, 2017
I would not recommend working for WMS. There are no benefits and they do not promote within.

It's good for a starter job but not good for a career or long time position.

The best part of the job is the frost season time which is the busy season. There is lots of overtime available at that time.
Pros
Overtime during the busy season
Cons
no benefits and do not like to give raises
Creative and energetic company
Principal Product Strategist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2013
A spirited company that is highly creative but gets bogged down tripping over its own feet. There have been some upper management that have been there a bit too long and IMHO they haven't worked in enough other companies to know there is a better way of doing things.

The egos are a bit much to handle at times, but the company treats employees VERY well with great benefits. I just wish the company would bother to work smarter instead of just harder sometimes.
Great Place to Work, Unfortunately last day is upcoming.
SR. ASSOCIATE PLANNER MATERIAL (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2014
Great Place to Work, family environment. Hard Working. Unfortunately the merger with Sci-Games happened, and we were told 2 days ago, our last day is 3/28. We were offered a severance package, and medical for the short time.
Pros
Great Benefits, Salary is competitive
Cons
Merger, Closing various departments
Liked there for over 10 years
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2017
Fast paced, but rewarding. offered training on and off site. Enjoyed reasonable annual pay raises. all changed after acquisition in 2012. lots of people lost their long standing jobs/positions.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables and playstation and other fun activities.
Manager IT Desktop Support Group (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 17, 2014
• My typical day at work consisted of monitoring the days support issues and meeting with my staff on a one-on-one base.
• I learned that managing a staff remotely you don’t always get the most out of them.
• Management is always there to support you.
• Co-workers are always willing to assist with any task or project you throw at them. They are the front line of defense and are always willing to take on whatever you throw at them.
• The hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy. It is very easy to get spoiled in a company that caters to the employees.
• My biggest reward or best part of the job is hearing from others on how well we have improved and continue to make improvements by keeping up with technology.
Pros
State of the art cafeteria, indoor fitness center and basketball court.
Cons
Going home at the end of the day.
The fun and exciting problems are gone.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILJuly 6, 2015
Was a great company, but the new direction that has been taken since the buy out by Scientific Games, and merger with Bally things have gone down hill. Less opportunity to innovate the day to day work has become very mandate.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Little opportunity to advance your career.
Great Company
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work is reviewing the daily orders scheduled to ship. Working with my staff to ensure all orders are pick released to ship per the allocated days. Work closely with many departments which include planning, compliance, trade compliance, etc. to ensure orders are processed and shipped correctly in they system. Handle internal and external customer calls. I have learned much from the great leadership I’ve had. I have grown within my role due to the wonderful mentor’s I’ve had within this company. My co-workers are amazing and we work well together as a team. The hardest part of the job is trying to ship orders complete for casino installations. The most enjoyable part of the day is the satisfaction I receive when my staff and my internal and external customers are happy.
Pros
Healthcare and Employee Recognition Programs
Cons
Great overall company to work for
Invento (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJanuary 25, 2013
I worked for this company for almost 5 years. I was able to work my way up from a Warehouse Associate to a Team Lead, to an Inventory Analyst. Great place to work and they always want to keep learning and training.
Pros
benefits, culture, pay
A great place to work with great benefits
Senior Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New MexicoNovember 12, 2013
I work as a Remote Technician installing and repairing gaming devices all over the state. On some days I will drive 300 to 500 miles and can be away from home for days or weeks at a time.
Working with WMS I have learned the vendor aspect of Gaming. I have learned about installing and maintaining Wide Area Progressive, (WAP) My coworkers are great and we make a good team. The hardest part of the job is not having a set scedule.and asked to travel at a moments notice and that is not easy on the home life. The most enjoyable part is not being in the same place all of the time and being able to go to diffrent locations.
Pros
Great benifets 401K 17day PTO the first year.
Cons
A lot of time away from home.