Wolseley Industrial Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to start but no chance to advance
whse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 28, 2018
Day is spent receiving materials and pulling orders for customers

Computer system is not great to use and hard to get used to as they have 2 different programs.

Management is very hands off and training is not really present

Not any sense of a chance to advance

Lack of space to store all the materials that are coming in

flexible hours
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no real chance of advancement
no longer in business
Quote Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2018
Bad management practices closed a million dollar a month profitable business. We shipped fabricated materials all over the Midwest and management made it harder to compete every month. Internal company rivalries were the ax which felled the tree. Westerbeck is an idiot.
Other areas may be better.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washougal, WAJuly 25, 2017
Huge company. Would be a good fit for some. If your goal is to be a branch manager someday go for it. They pay skilled labor very poorly so the turnover is high:
Pros
Security
Cons
Cheap
Very different work world
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJuly 20, 2017
Transition and friends were the key to working there. If your were a part of that you survived. Unfortunately the ones that weren't didn't. So sad that the working world today isn't based on each individual and what he or she has to offer with the skills he or she possesses.
Overall a great place to work.
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 24, 2017
A typical day at work is usually quite busy with answering the telephone, billing, collecting, making sure the office and break room supplies are well stocked. I have learned a lot, accounts receivable, accounts payable as well as many other things. Management is very good and we all get along very well. The hardest part of the job is preparing for ISO audits. I am the ISO (International Standards Organization) representative. The most enjoyable part of the job is invoicing.
Pros
I like the relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
I sometimes get bored because I have been working there for so long.
Paid well. Slack co workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 16, 2017
At first Wolseley was a great place to work as I was paid well, had paid time off, and most co workers were easy to get along with. However as time went on I started to notice the subpar employees weren't held to the same standards and the above average employees were given all the responsibilities while the " not so great" employees were given too much slack. Many complaints were filed to multiple managers as time went on nothing happened.As a result of this I came to a mutual agreement with Wolseley that going forward it would be best for me to leave me post there.
Pros
solid pay, paid time off, 401k
Cons
Slack coworkers, no sense of urgency from management at times
My Day at Woseley
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILMarch 11, 2014
My day consisted of various daily tasks such as clocking in for work, forklift checklists, piping inventory, cycle counting, packing materials for customers, staging materials for customers, and loading/unloading trucks. I learned about inventory management and proper staging procedures. I enjoyed packing and unpacking inventory for UPS and LTL Motorfreight, using pallets. The management was fair and was pleasurable to work with.
Pros
teamwork, uplifting spirits, hardwork
Frustration
Pipe Fabricator/ laborer (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Worked for the company for two years and never was given any advancement opportunities but family or friends of supervisors would be able to advance to a foreman position soon after they were hired. Hours at first were long and often you had no home time. After the first year the company changed from onda-lay pipe to wolseley and went from installing pipeline to fabrication in a small bay in horseheads, NY. where hours were cut and there was restriction on overtime. I was written up once in two years and was fired only two weeks after my write up. Though the individuals I worked with were nice to work with the management there was only looking out for themselves.
Pros
do well we would be treated to lunch or a hockey game. good benefits, decent pay
Cons
no hours, no job advancement
A Great Learning Place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAFebruary 17, 2014
I learned a lot about the accounts payable job. It was an interesting place to work. Meet some great people along the way. It was sad when it ended.
Industry leading service
Buyer, General Electric Energy (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2013
Wolseley provides supply chain management solutions serving businesses utilizing a full range of maintenance repair and operating supplies (MRO). Services include information management and reporting, strategic sourcing and tactical purchasing, inventory optimization, and product distribution.

The office environment is both professional and comfortable. Management is relaxed and cares about each and every associate, but expects an appropriate and professional atmosphere.
Great place to work, fun people and great customers. Good working atmosphere.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALJanuary 8, 2013
I learned a great deal of information while working for this company. It is a corporation which took a little getting used to since I came from a small business. It is a fast-paced atmosphere and mentally challenging, but I loved it!
The hardest part of the job was trying to get bids in for projects on time. The customer set deadlines that were sometimes hard to meet, but we always did submit our bids on time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with and getting to meet new people on a constant basis.
Pros
traveling, room for advancement
Cons
high health care costs, no lunch breaks, required to work 50hrs a week
How can I put it?
Delivery Truck Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 10, 2012
The company as a whole is great. Its local management at the 2 Clarksville locations are the problems. They are sales rep's posing as managers. they have NO people skills, and have been known to upset customers. they have NO regard for their employees who are the ones who are helping them get their bonuses.
Pros
heath insurance is a great package and vacation time. the pay was decent, but you have to put in 50-60 hours to make any real money.
Cons
managers who don't respect their employees, certain back stabbing co-workers. well thats how the office manager got his position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Industrial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Wolseley Industrial Group Reviews by Location