Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

Very Stressful with not enough pay
Customer Service and Online Product Support (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 15, 2019
I worked at this company for 5 and half years. I only stayed because the benefits were decent compared to most companies. If you are on the phones, during busy season you are not allowed to take any time off. Two months in the beginning of the year and two months near the end. The busy season is insane because they do not have enough people working there to make it easy. If you are good at taking calls expect to take anywhere between 60 to 100 a day. Also, there are no raises if you are doing well. They do give you a percentage every year but it's no more than 2% of your salary. The management has favorites. If you are a favorite you are able to do nothing and get away with it. If you are not you will work your butt off FOR NOTHING. GOOD luck!
Pros
20 days PTO to start, decent benefits
Cons
Very Stressful, you do not get more money based on the amount of work you do. Lots of Favoritism
No Work/Life Balance
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
Hiring managers will say Wolters Kluwer prides itself on a work/life balance. However, my experience in the accounting department is that means work is your life. In the time I have been there, I have worked 75% of the company holidays and 60% of the days that I have been on PTO. My average work week is approximately 70 hours consisting of 40 hours in the office and 30 hours at home (including weekends). Since they consolidated accounting, they have laid off 50% of our staff and the few that are left have to pick up the work load. With the increased work load and the 70 hours a week that I do, I still get further and further behind. They also push for you to obtain a certification, which is good. But it will count negatively on your performance review if you do not obtain it and will reduce your raise.
Pros
Can work remotely
Cons
Work is your life. Do not expect to be off on your PTO days or holidays.
Challenging yet rewarding
Journal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2018
Working here was a great experience. I have nothing negative to say about the position. I was given a plethora of opportunities to learn new things and take on new tasks. Sometimes the workload was heavy, but it kept me grounded and busy, which is always nice. The environment was friendly, but it was also very productive.
Pros
Learning opportunities, friendly environment, fair salary
Cons
Work can be repetitive at times
Fast-paced, driven office culture with a social twist
Editorial Assistant, Nursing Education (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2019
The Philadelphia WK office was overall a pleasant place to work! There were consistent opportunities to grow professionally, garner new skills, and network.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive salaries, generous PTO
Cons
Excessive meetings
WK - Great Place!
Account Manager/Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 10, 2018
This is a great place to work, everything about it! Good PTO, benefits, the culture and people you work with. Has a good knowledge base, tuition reimbursement...all sorts of fun things they do with prizes. Not too stressful, they train you on what you need to know for your role.
Constant re-organzations & little focus on resource management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Company is made up of many business units, so employee experiences differ. Overall, not a bad company, but also, not a great company. WK is a global company that will provide many opportunities to find work challenges. But the company is quite fragmented and is working to create a unified brand. I would say that my daily work-load is heavy, but I currently have three different leadership roles I perform. My boss is located in another state, and is very busy as well. He very rarely interacts with me. From my position, the company makes one step forward, two steps back. And it's a real shame, because the talent of the workforce is very high, from my interactions. Yet middle and upper management has not yet properly managed the workforce. Constant re-organizations, with new leadership, has been the norm since I joined in the company in 2014. So it's very hard to get momentum or progress on certain initiatives. Changing priorities are not uncommon in most companies, but for WK it's the norm. Not the ideal situation, but does create an environment where you learn to adjust quickly to refocus your energy in different directions. Again, not all parts of WK are alike, so someone else may have a completely different experience.
Pros
work from home oppourtunities, great benefits.
Cons
Pay is not based on market values/poor work-life balance.
Na
Corporate Legal Contract Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 23, 2018
I have not worked there for two years so cannot give an opinion. When I did work there I was happy with my position and no looking for career advancement. The company had good benefits and decent pay.
Overall a good place to work.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 8, 2018
A typical 8 hour day, good managers, excellent benefits. Tax season is stressful. Good chances to learn and grow in the company. They have work out area, pool and ping pong tables, excellent break room area. 4 weeks of PTO is definitely the best of any company.
Pros
Start with 4 weeks of PTO when hired full time.
Cons
Working Tax Season
This is just an okay place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2018
I have worked at WK for several years, this is an okay place to work they have great benefits but as of recently they have been making a lot of changes of which do not align with my future plans.
Great Culture
Principal Monitoring Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
People are helpful. However to many tactical changes that pivots every week. It was difficult to manage different environments with limited resources across the board.
Benefits
Cons
Travels
I loved working at Wolters Kluwer and would definitely go back
Lead Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2018
Wolters Kluwer was a great company to work for. I would definitely go back if given the opportunity. I've tried a couple times since being laid off, with no luck yet.
Pros
Pay, culture, work environment, management, work/life balance
Cons
The only one: my position was based on a budget line item and when there was no budget for 2018, I was let go.
Good benefits, not so great pay
Forms Developer II (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 18, 2018
My immediate and extended teams have many good workers. However, some of the management positions could be better occupied by more competent individuals. The health benefits are very good, but the pay is subpar for industry standards.
Manager acts like dictator
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2018
Bad bad manager. Its their way or the highway. No career development. Management gets all the benefits. They will treat you like slave. no proper framework. too much politics involved
Pros
can't find anything
Cons
want to ruin your caree, join there
Great management and people
Real Estate Search Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
I came from doing title work as a landman in the oil and gas industry to title work for WK so the pay did not compare by far. However, I liked the environment and the people. It was a very laid back and casual atmosphere but still productive. My managers were more than happy to do whatever they could to help make up for the lower pay but ultimately it just was not enough money. In my division of the company it did not seem like there would be much room for advancement and the advancement I did know about just did not seem worth it for me. It would be a great position for entry level, but I was over-qualified for the position.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, ability to work overtime, paid time off
Cons
Pay
Great Friendly place
Customer Service Representative I & II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
Everyone is very friendly, helpful and funny. Great people great management. You always feel like you have a voice. I do not know much about compensation since I am a contractor
Pros
Always some food snacks in the breakroom
Cons
I am a contractor so i am not sure about pay.
People and culture
Medical Content Specialist - Clin-eGuide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
The culture of WK within our group remained good after they acquired us (ProVation Medical). This was a big plus because the culture at PVM is what made working such a good experience. The people remained the same, work hard, play hard, we all helped each other out, it remained a "small" company atmosphere.

WK/PVM were very good to the work/family balance by supporting a flexible schedule, which would include working remotely when necessary.
Pros
People
Cons
I have no real "cons" to report
Good company but poor management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 8, 2018
Shareholders come first. Employees are just a number unless you are one of about 50 VPs. Turnover of 6 direct managers & 7 direct upper managers in 7 years. No love for sales reps and no sense of market needs.
Pros
Good vacation time. Good hours. 401K contributions.
Cons
Poor comp plan which always gets worse for sales people, No employee development, No collaboration between departments, Toxic environment, Inexperienced management, Very top heavy, Very detached from market needs, Only superstars are rewarded even if you hit goals
A good tech environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2018
There are times during the year that can be very exhausting. There is a lack of career development options. The company is however stretching to build a better workflow for its employees
Pros
good benefits
Poor Management
Sr Software QA Engineer/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 8, 2018
Management work for themselves. No career advancement. lot of politics and favoritism. Employees can control Management. Lot of work harassment and HR does not give any value to employee sufferings.
Pros
Not too much work stress, relaxed place
Cons
you need to have someone to support you, politics and fake reviews, poor managment
Low pay, no advancement
QA Lead for their Tax software application (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 1, 2018
Decent benefits, but very low raises. No room for advancement. Decent hours working. Upper management shows no appreciation for software people. Very low 401k match

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolters Kluwer. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss