Wolters Kluwer
64Average

Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

United States564 reviews
I worked remote. I really enjoyed that experience. There was always good communication through email. I worked on projects without interference. The benefits were really great.
Great place for employment
This is a great place for nursing educators to work. They have different opportunities and are flexible with most things. Pay is excellent. Good training system for new nurse education consultants as well.
Constant Change
There has been nearly constant change at this company, with a revolving door at the executive level, creating confusion in the sales, marketing, and finance staff. Sales goals and territories changed every year, often more than that, and there is a maze of CRM software in use.
Chaotic, disorganized and contentious work environment
Chaotic, disorganized and contentious work environment. You are expected to be on call and responding to emails 24 hours a day. expectations are unrealistic and there is an utter lack project management leadership and support.
I enjoyed working there, they cared about their people!
Wolters Kluwer had an outstanding management team! We engaged in employee relations and were like family! Wolters Kluwer took pride in helping the community and engaged in the employees.
Pros
Wonderful caring people!
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great company mission
The company keeps to their mission and offers the best content and products to the Frontline health professionals to make solid evidence based decisions. They spend a great deal of time encouraging employees to present their ideas and then help them to put it into action.
Remote worker
I was remote for many years and it was really difficult working by myself everyday. The office was in another state so I couldn't go to work to talk face to face with my leaders and coworkers.
If it wasn't for flexibility/remote capability the job is not worth it
You can work remotely and have job flexibility which is pretty much the best part of the job. Compensation and job advancement are a joke because you are basically stuck doing the same job for years without any place to go and without adequate raises no matter how well you perform. Upper Management is clicky and very politically motivated and they really do not care about the individual employees needs or their workloads. There is free coffee in the kitchen.
Good Place To Work
Pros: Smart, thoughtful leadership and passionate, driven colleagues Good work/life balance; work-from home flexibility At least within my team, most new hires to management roles are internal...good growth opportunities Base pay lower than in similar roles in other organizations and in-house team not bonus eligible, but excellent 401k matching, onsite gym, and above average health plan make up for it Exciting working with thought leaders on best-in-class products.

Cons: Some internal systems are clunky and create busywork. Other technology organizations do a better job of encouraging community-building among distributed teams.
Poor Management
I had one of the most difficult management relationships here and it’s very passive aggressive. They company has good principles but the managers don’t follow it with their direct reports. I’ve mainly seen this within my department and heard of similar accounts in the talent department
Altruistic Company Mission
The organization has fantastic leaders who really care about the company mission. The company continues to change in evolve and change to meet the business needs. Leaders are often pushed to work long hours so work from home and work life balance can be hard at times. Company has been great with flexible work schedules
I love the culture and working with super smart people who are passionate for what they do.
Exciting daily work environment
Wolters Kluwer Was an exciting place to work. It was very Team oriented we held daily scrum meetings to discuss our tasks completed along with reviewing past sprints and upcoming sprints. The work was challenging and offered the opportunity to continually learn new technologies that would enhance both the employee skill set but to also make the company more efficient.
Great teamwork & Great Work Life Balance
Wolters Kluwer offers flexible hours, generous PTO, supportive management and interesting work with a broad spectrum of technologies including AI and public cloud.

The staff is very diverse, teams are often geographically dispersed with a group at each site. The teams usually consist of 3-4 different races and both genders.
Company lead by talking heads. No strategy cash cow business runs itself. Beware
Little to no innovation
Talking heads who spoke well but wouldn’t know a strategy if it slapped them in the face

Upper C-Suite Management egos are sky high, want toadies and yes men under them

Was never a great environment to work at but each year got worse and worse. II was there 12.5 yrs built strong relationships and am still connected to folks who say it’s much worse now and it was dreadful when I left. In my next company I was surprised to be in some real strategy discussions with folks who could challenge me but also want my opinions. My current company is similar (both have been strong high growth environments which makes sense that they’d focus on strategy)

Beware unfortunately
Good job
Great job taking calls. Answering or making calls to clients to learn about and address their needs, complaints, or other issues with products or services. Responding efficiently and accurately to callers, explaining possible solutions, and ensuring that clients feel supported and valued.
Support for customers with 1065 return.
Great place to work..
Great place to work and lots of opportunities.
That is why Wolters Kluwer has made it its mission to empower professionals with the essential information and support they need to make and follow through on decisions with confidence. ... Our company values and business principles are an important means to enable us to live up to high professional and ethical standards
good
Good place to work. Good PTOS, Good working environment.Work place culture is good. Learned lot of new technologies. Hardest part of job is to make mangers happy.
High Turnover
May people leaving the team because of constant changes in the commission structure and unclear understanding of how to get paid. However, the people and company are by far the finest.
A lot of room for growth
This company gave me the opportunity to grow. I started as a billing specialist and was able to move up. I'm grateful to be a part of this company for over 23 years.
Poor management.
Management is manipulative. They promise growth but don’t follow through despite exceeding expectations and doing the job of someone at the next level. Have no comp plan. Management is extremely short sighted. Politics within the workplace causes issues with employees. company seems to have no sense of direction. Highly recommend looking elsewhere for a job if you aspire for success
Good employer
Wolters Kluwer has opportunities for advancement for motivated individuals. People work there for many years and learn a lot. I would recommend WK as an employer.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolters Kluwer. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight