Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
it was a job
Facilities Coordinator Contactor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 1, 2018
working at this company was the worst. the people are very unfriendly. and management does not know what they are doing. coworker in my department would constantly disappear and push their work off on other employees
Pros
Cons
management
Micromanagement Purgatory
ACS (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2018
It doesn't matter how "successful" you are at executing you actual job functions but, instead, how much you flatter your manager. Everything is process driven rather than results driven. Management is more concerned with ensuring everyone does everything exactly the same way so that they can tout their analytics to executives instead of whether or not you're good at your job.

They grossly overstate advancement, valuing outside candidates to internal options.

If you bring in donuts or buy your manager lunch you should be fine.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Big Brother is always watching
No Work/Life Balance
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
Hiring managers will say Wolters Kluwer prides itself on a work/life balance. However, my experience in the accounting department is that means work is your life. In the time I have been there, I have worked 75% of the company holidays and 60% of the days that I have been on PTO. My average work week is approximately 70 hours consisting of 40 hours in the office and 30 hours at home (including weekends). Since they consolidated accounting, they have laid off 50% of our staff and the few that are left have to pick up the work load. With the increased work load and the 70 hours a week that I do, I still get further and further behind. They also push for you to obtain a certification, which is good. But it will count negatively on your performance review if you do not obtain it and will reduce your raise.
Pros
Can work remotely
Cons
Work is your life. Do not expect to be off on your PTO days or holidays.
Good benefits, not so great pay
Forms Developer II (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 18, 2018
My immediate and extended teams have many good workers. However, some of the management positions could be better occupied by more competent individuals. The health benefits are very good, but the pay is subpar for industry standards.
A day at work
Manager, Cash and Collections (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
My role involved a full day of opportunities to meet deadlines and collaborate with business partners and senior leadership to find solutions. The deadline were result oriented deadlines for the state of business. Collaborate to find best practice techniques and work together to meet customer needs.
Productive and organized workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILJuly 8, 2018
Highly motivated and energetic place to work. Very knowledgeable personnel. Explanation of job tasks well explained and turnaround time to completion was reasonable.
Pros
Flexibility at work.
Cons
Hard to contact key personnel.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 28, 2018
check emails first thing in the morning.
respond to emails if necessary
run the weekly reports and semimonthly payroll reports.

Also run all the monthly reports at the end of the month.
Pros
clean enviroment
Cons
they hire by contract
Manager acts like dictator
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2018
Bad bad manager. Its their way or the highway. No career development. Management gets all the benefits. They will treat you like slave. no proper framework. too much politics involved
Pros
can't find anything
Cons
want to ruin your caree, join there
able to work on my own
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
I was able to work on my own once told the job although I had lots of help from my team. Very nice and fun people. I was included in meetings and learned a lot about software development while there.
Pros
freedom to do my job, good pay
headace
Accounts Receivable Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 19, 2018
i used to enjoy working here very much, but with all the confusing shared services and outsourcing everyday is a headache to come in and try to work there is no cohesive work flow and no one seems to know what they are doing anymore, or who to contact within the company for what ever situation comes up.

My first 19.5 years here were always wonderful...the past 1.5 year have been awful, people are lining up and requesting to on the lay off list, which is high due to all the outsourcing to India and Guatemala
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
outsourcing
Management has rotated
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 16, 2018
Thankfully, the management at WK in Hartford has rotated significantly over the last 5 years. There is a much more steady state and motivated crew n place now as far as I understand
Wolters Kluwer Career Springboard
Senior Customer Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2018
Wolters Kluwer Pharma Solutions was a great springboard for my career, providing me with the skills and tools to advance and better steer the direction of my future.
Pros
Variety of Work
Cons
Constant Changes on Executive Managment
Constant work flow , great management
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILJune 11, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of answering a high volume of daily incoming calls and resolving customer issues in a timely manner as well as trouble shooting. My manager was always available to help with question and was very patient. Over all the staff worked well together .
Good company
Clinical Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2018
Rapidly changing and needing different skill sets than in the past. Work load often more than employees can reasonably complete in a normal work day.

Great people! Positive atmosphere. Great employee engagement committee. This company has a bright future.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Heavy work load
Great Friendly place
Customer Service Representative I & II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
Everyone is very friendly, helpful and funny. Great people great management. You always feel like you have a voice. I do not know much about compensation since I am a contractor
Pros
Always some food snacks in the breakroom
Cons
I am a contractor so i am not sure about pay.
A good tech environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2018
There are times during the year that can be very exhausting. There is a lack of career development options. The company is however stretching to build a better workflow for its employees
Pros
good benefits
Global Opportunities
Director of Training (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILMay 19, 2018
Since Wolters Kluwer is a global corporation, they do offer you several opportunities to expand your global experience. Leadership does have a innovative focus, and most of the organization supports this vision.
Pros
Good working culture
Cons
Leadership changes very frenquently
Traditional to a Fault
Scrum Master/Agile Coach (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 18, 2018
Wolters Kluwer is painfully traditional. They are slow to react to the ever changing environment of software development. They take the appropriate steps, yet they don't follow through. When this is brought to their attention by their most dedicated employees, excuses are made and nothing changes.
Pros
Good work/life balance, excellent culture, some of the best talent you will have the pleasure of working with
Cons
Poor management, hierarchical structure not conducive to innovation, and a desire to remain traditional even at the detriment of production
Great Company
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJMay 15, 2018
Great Company to work for.

Very fast paced and can be intense at times.

You have to pay attention to your work at all times.

Customer Services is always faced paced as well
Financial Compliance Analyst/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2018
Helping the customers get tickets and bags checked and getting them seated on plane. The hardest part of the job was hearing all the disappointed customers for having to pay for bags.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolters Kluwer. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss