Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

Can make good money/questionable managers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MN / Midwestern USFebruary 26, 2018
Good place to sell, however reporting to regional manager that is completely out of the loop on what's happening in industry today can be frustrating. Poor sale strategies/consistently not making goal
Review Summary
Regional Solution Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
There is a big learning curve. The management is sometimes insensitive with the way they roll out new changes. The culture overall is good and they have very good benefits
Stressful
Client Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 14, 2018
The work environment is awful, there are no advancement opportunities for minorities as Caucasians dominate and they promote one another. The pay rate is very low.
Good company to work for if you get the right manager
Publisher's Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 14, 2018
If you are lucky to get a good manager, this is a great company to work for. Benefits are good and you are fully vested within the first year in the 401K plan.
Pros
health and vacation benefits
Cons
some managers need more training
Intern
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Learned a lot as an intern. They went out on a limb to hire me but it was a fantastic first experience. Loved the team I was on and the manager was awesome. Was offered a position after it ended but turned it down for a role at another company.
Big outfit
QA PROJECT LEAD, TEST AUTOMATION LEAD (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Good bonus structure. CTO is willing to bring software development into the 21st century: implementing Scrum & DevOps. The QA Lead functions are a bit non-technical but business savvy.
Great management and employees!
Director - Marketing, Customer Engagement (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 31, 2018
WK Health is a great place to work! Unfortunately I was laid off or else I would definitely still be working with WK! I would definitely recommend this company!
Pros
Great sales meetings in amazing locations!
Cons
None that I can think of!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 30, 2018
This company encourage team work and promoting from within there are plenty of opportunities to better yourself. Supervisor had an open door policy and always willing answer questions. If you need additional training she would get it for you.
Great Place to Work
Division Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2018
A place where you can grow and improve skill sets. The culture is great and you work around others who want you to be successful. Company has a great support system and culture.
Safe place to work if you don't want to work too hard
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 25, 2018
Good customer base keeps people in their jobs. Not stretching technology boundaries. Good benefits and vacation offerings. Lots of products creates lack of focus and direction. Frequent changes in management is disruptive.
I enjoyed my time here
Law Firm Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time here. But I wanted to advance my career by aligning myself with a company that offers the education and on the job training. ......
Culture has changed
Digital Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Too many cuts to staff while executive positions are added. Was once a great place to work, but now it changed. There is a huge wall of separation between executives and staff. It creates a culture of mistrust especially when there are continued reductions in staff.
Pros
Worklife balance, friendly co-workers, collaborative
Cons
Management, salary
Disorganized Management
Collections Specialist- A/R Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I worked as a temporary employee in two departments. I found that outsourcing to India was the cause of much confusion. Management was not always knowledgeable of the assignments they were assigning. There was a lot of things I had to figure out on my own and many procedures I had t create and implement in order to get through my work more smoothly.
Lots of Oppurtunity for Advancement
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Great experience gained. Transformation in our business unit is exciting to be able to contribute to. Also have created form great networking and career relationships.
A good company to work for
UX/UI Designer (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILJanuary 15, 2018
I was at WK for over 25 years in multiple roles and was always encouraged to learn new skills and grow. I had many opportunities to advance and I think their benefits package is very good.
Pros
You can work remotely full-time
Cons
It's all about tax and business law.
Good company
Regional Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2018
Great company for work-life balance and benefits. Lacks training and development of new employees. Should be a great fit for those comfortable selling over the phone with the occasional face to face meeting. Turnover is common here.
Toxic and Undisciplined
Order Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 11, 2018
The manager I worked for is unprofessional, greatly lacks in leadership and management skills. She also is quite deceptive and unappreciative when it comes to work related problems/solutions.
Stressful, Micro-managed Environment
Senior Tax Writer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my work colleagues and the work I did but the revolving door of upper management created an atmosphere of distrust causing the morale to be very low.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Lack of honesty by upper management and declining compensation for quanity of work requested.
Seasonal fast-paced environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 7, 2018
The company provides income tax preparation software to professional tax preparers. The seasonality of tax season support needs can create a fast-paced environment for most all employees in various departments.
Pros
room for career advancement
Cons
work-life balance
Disorganized
Sr. Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverwoods, ILDecember 28, 2017
Leadership is disorganized. Lett hand doesn't know what right is doing. No clear goals.You are expected to work on PTO and or holidays. Great co-workers and great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolters Kluwer. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.4Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.