Wolverine Worldwide Employee Reviews

great
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYOctober 16, 2019
Love the products and this place was good to work at but it closed down. It was in the woodbury commons and had a huge selection of stuff. Wish it would have stayed open.
Area manager
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2019
Great overall experience. I would have still worked for them if they didn’t close so many stores and eliminate so many field positions. Fast paced and fun to continually learn and influence your people
Fun enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2019
It was a fun job, nothing hard to do. The managers were flexible with scheduling. The discount was also great!!
The environment of the location I was at was amazing!
No hours, slow days, and ugly products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORSeptember 29, 2019
If you wanna work somewhere where no one comes in and the few who do come in dont buy the ugly clothes and you only get 8 hours when they promised 25+, here's the place
decent working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 26, 2019
Sperry Supervisor is great! She is hands on and very positive and upbeat.
Company as a whole has some benefits and some not. You receive benefits and vacation time but they do not reward when things get really tough or show appreciation for all you do. Some people reap the benefits that not all should.
The company is closed
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookville, OHSeptember 18, 2019
Company sold out \, laid off all employees at my location. HOwever apparently i need to describe the non existent work conditions, so it HAD great benifits, my managers were great. Pay wasnt great with little room fro e\advancement
A very stressful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 13, 2019
It is a very stressful place to work. I feel you do not work your way up in the company from your merits of work. It is done by favorites of the supervisors.
Pros
They do offer benefits
Cons
Pay is not up to standard.
Good Place
HIGH BAY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2019
Worked a second shift in one of their departments, and it was nicely done, no issues, very great management, and goal oriented. All in all it was a great place to be at the time.
Great work place
Lifestyle Design Director Merrell (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2019
Designing at Merrell was a great experience. I enjoyed the culture and the people. I was able to travel to some great places. the leadership team could use some help.
I Love Working Here!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MISeptember 4, 2019
I was looking for a job back in April of 2019 and in May I came across the chance to potentially start work at Merrell. The manager at the time called me a few days after I had applied and asked me if I would like to do an interview. The interview process was incredibly simple. A week later I was hired and since then I have been a sales associate. I love working there. I love the employee discounts, I love how I make more than minimum wage and my hours are great as well! My co-workers are incredible, the products are high quality and true to their status and I just love Merrell as a company professionally and personally in all ways! I recommend applying, because the Byron Center store needs new employees!
Pros
Employee Discounts, Retail Experience, Reasonable Breaks
Cons
Slow Traffic Due To Weather
Lacked leadership and organizational vision
D2C Retail Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 30, 2019
Budgets and lack of direction was extremely critical. There was an extremely high turnover and lack of professional tools. The position lacked financial backing making it complex and unsupportable.
Best job I’ve worked at.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95356August 30, 2019
I loved working there. I got a lot of training and knowledge out of the training that I will use for my child when looking for the best shoes for her.
Productive and challenging but fun workplace.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIAugust 29, 2019
Productive and challenging but fun workplace. In the IT department there were always multiple challenging projects to work on with many opportunities to grow in your IT career.
Productive and meaningful experience.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 22, 2019
The workplace includes selling a multitude of products from shoes, apparel and shoe care to a diverse consumer base. The products are high quality as well which also relate to the groups that buy the product. The cast of employees made the situation a great one.
Great, fair place to work
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 15, 2019
They treat everyone fairly and take care of their employees. Once you get hired on, you automatically get at least 2-3 weeks of vacation time. Which is fantastic.
Great place.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 10, 2019
Fun people to work with and it was a very comfortable and nice environment. If you like the challenge of sales, this job is for you. There were many customers to come in because Sperry is very popular. So, the key to success is to have exceptional customer service. Treat the customer as if they belong.
Loved working retail here
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORAugust 10, 2019
I worked at a ton of retail stores including a huge outdoor company based out of Portland, OR and Merrell is the only one I would consider going back to if I needed job. I loved the work culture and the product. My boss was the best manager I have ever had in my career and that includes moving into the mental health field.
Life at Wolverine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 8, 2019
It's an okay place to work. Benefits are great. Need to overhaul in certain areas. They need to start holding employees responsible for their actions or lack of action. Plus give positive feedback and possible compensation to the employees who are doing other employees duties along with their own. If they would practice those things, a lot of good employees would have stayed instead of leaving the company.
Stride rite
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 7, 2019
Great environment to work in especially if you like seeing kids smile when they get the shoes and socks that fit and that they love they do charitable things for the kids as well
Super fun loved the people
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2019
I'm not saying anything more but I will say I loved my time there my coworkers were amazing. Granted I was in the Disney area. Free tickets, yes please.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolverine Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight