Womack Army Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 26, 2018
Over all my experience working at Womack is that there are good people who work there, and I had a chance to make good friends. I still keep in contact with some of the employees from there
Productive and cohesive work environment
Clinical Staff Nurse (OB/GYN Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 17, 2018
Excellent place to work. Teamwork abounds. Patients are mostly healthy and respectful. It was an honor to take care of warfighters and their families.
RADIOLOGY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 14, 2018
Well structured organization. Military and Civilian staff work well together. Far from a cut-throat environment. Ideal for anyone looking for a positive work-life balance.
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCApril 1, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly leadership, soldiers are generally kind and helpful to civilian employees. Atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly. Would recommend.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Overal a rewarding place to work
Maternal Child Health, Chief Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 14, 2018
Management positions are high stressed but rewarding by focusing and improving quality patient care. Military supervisor turnover rate is extremely high which disrupts continuity; priorities often change. The people are fantastic to work with overall
Joy
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 14, 2018
This place was the best,...I don't have anything bad to say! the people I worked with was so nice!! and management was outstanding I hate that the contract ended!!
Caring for soldiers and family
02 admin by facial mask, nasal cannula (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 5, 2018
Caring for soldiers returning from tours of duty. The absolute best job I have ever had. Soldiers are some of the finest people to care for. I was honored to be there
Pros
Soldiers
Cons
Contract
Womack Army Medical Center
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Poor work environment
Poor management personal
Poor work conditions
The overall atmosphere at Womack Army Medical Center is very cutthroat and complacent. You have a mix of active duty soldiers and civilians who often do not work well together. Your Supervisors change frequently as soldiers move around which makes it difficult to have any consistency. Overall would not recommend Womack as a good place to work.
Pros
No call or weekends
Cons
Everything else
Environment has a lot of potential to grow.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 9, 2018
Very active community and a significant amount of opportunities to engage and assist the military population. Community assessments and evaluations were effective and assisted with program development and management.
Womack
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NC 28310February 8, 2018
Nice place to work and clean environment. Only reason I left is that I was on active duty orders so often that I resigned. Staff was nice and hours were regular.
Outpatient pharmacy
Outpatient Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 7, 2018
Fast paced, high volume outpatient pharmacy setting located on a military base with great management and large pharmacy team to meet the demands of patient care.
good
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 7, 2018
you will work when you work here but the time goes by fast. the people are pretty friendly and as long as you do your job you are good. womack is a good place
Pros
good place
Cons
long waits
Great for GS employees
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 19, 2018
Complacency is the trend at WAMC. There are cancers throughout the hospital that use the union as a means of protection in order to exploit active duty servicemen and women. If you are a GS employee it is next to impossible to get fired from WAMC. Your also protected by the Active servicemen and women because even if you do not do your job, they will be there to do it for you because they are the only ones who face ramifications of failure.
Pros
non for the active duty, endless for GS employees
Cons
Too many to list for servicemembers, lower than normal pay for GS employees outside of nursing
Excellent Hospital
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 1, 2018
My experience at Womack Army tought me so much. I gained so much more knowledge and fine tuned my skills. Management and civilian staff worked side by side to deliver excellent care to military personnel and their families. It was a very rewarding job to be able to give back to soldiers that put their lives on the line daily for our freedom and our country. I took great pride in my job and enjoyed getting to know the sodliers and their experiences.
Pros
working with military families and giving back to them
Cons
n/a
Active Duty WOMACK
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 11, 2017
WOMACK offered a safe environment to learn clinical lab skills in a user friendly yet fast paced environment. Patient interaction is at a high here, but enjoyable.
Postpartum care
Registered Nurse (RN) Staff/Lead Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 1, 2017
Postpartum care to 4-5 couplets each day with 2 admission and discharges. Taking care of new mothers and others with Postpartum/Newborn care. Busy unit of deliveries each day in which the nurses take care of the needs of the entire family during this time. Its a rewarding experience for both the family and nursing staff.
Pros
Rewarding environment
Cons
Long hours and heavy workloads
Good place to expand on skills
Microsoft Office IT trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 28, 2017
Working at Womack provided me an opportunity to gain experience in information technology. Understand the healthcare industry. And there is a wide variety of individuals to learn information from.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Contracting positions are subject to big changes during bidding season
positive leadership
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 16, 2017
The DOD has positive energy and great leadership skills. They care about the patients and the staff. They are there to help transform healthcare and I'm glad I'm apart of it.
Womack Hospital, the best experience in my nursing career.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 7, 2017
My time as an LPN at Womack was short but rewarding. It was the one experience that I needed to add to my nursing career. My Head Nurse was an active duty Lt. C. very stern, but very fair. I my coworkers were fun and easy going, but the hardest workers I ever had the pleasure to associate with. We helped each other when possible and everyone was aware of the safety or our children. This was later made easy by the installation of more efficient security/alarm systems. I learned to deal with the little babies and their families. The hardest part of my job was rotating to the Neonatal Unit, where some babies were incubated. I had a hard time being objective, seeing my own children in every case. I soon learned to deal with these situations and became more efficient and dependable in this part of my duties. The best part of my job was spending time with the infants in the ward. I became every one's grandmother. my husband and I were traveling, or I would have stayed working at Womack until retirement.
Womack Army Medical Center
Pediatric Clinic/ EDIS Clinic Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 30, 2017
I worked as a volunteer and it was one of my most enjoyable work experiences. The atmosphere was balanced and professional. I thoroughly enjoyed working here.