Womack Machine Supply

Womack Machine Supply Employee Reviews

United States13 reviews
Typical Day-Writing script, working on Network devices, learned NetApp configuration tools. Management, pretty much micro managers. Hardest part of the job was finding a comfortable and clean place to sit. Not a very enjoyable job, a little archaic and very separated management style.
Pros
Able to learn more about NetApp appliances
Cons
finding a decent restaurant in the area.
A formidable work environment experienced since day one until my very last one. Unforgettable Leaders and amazing teamwork.
Started out really well and then the changes started with the parent company (Womack) we were told on countless times they the bought the company as a favor to the previous owner and that they really didn’t want us (nice start). The regional manager changes after 4 to 5 years so they can move on to “bigger and better” positions within Womack. The last manager was introduced as a “hands on guy” which really means a micro-manager only caring about his bottom line and not the employees for his next 3 or so years. No daily management (my manager was in Dallas which I seen every 4 to 6 weeks he only stays for 1-1/2 days) this leads to every person on the carpet thinking that they are your boss too. The jobs for carpet people are great, people who make their living with their hands not so much.
Pros
Shop personnel, upper management is always out of town ;)
Cons
Numerous as stated
The best part about this job was the fact that I was a one man operation. My supervisor was in Dallas, TX., and I saw him once a year. Nobody on my back all the time. I did what was required, and then some. Excellent team to work with.
Pros
Maybe 6 days a month they would buy Olive Garden, Oregano's, etc.
worked inside sales with sever manger accounts. had assigned account that I took care of to insure they had there needs taken care and resolved. took care of all future deliveries for all customers to make sure product was on schedule.
Pros
great poeple
Cons
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Worked at Womack for one summer. Upper management and people were great and took sincere interest in employees. Womack is also involved in univeristy and community programs.
The problem with Womack is, there is nowhere to go. Most employees in upper positions have been there for 20 years and are similar to a tenured teacher, there is nothing that can be done to get them out of the position they are in. Even though they poorly execute their job. The pay for a tech is low, the benefits are terribly expensive.
Pros
Great learning environment, and a very flexible schedule for the repair techs.
Cons
Healthcare expense and low pay compared to counterparts working for the companies we service.
I enjoyed working for Womack for the first 6 months and then things changed. The management was mediocre and seemed to keep their heads in the sand from meeting to meeting. Support was ok, but there was no game plan to win business in the department that I was in. Needed to take a huge step back in order to start moving forward. Some great people to work with, and some who are just collecting a paycheck. Management seems to make decisions that feel as if they were to just be throwing darts at a dart board of optional future directions for the company. Many people are in positions that they are not qualified for or they have been promoted to the highest level of incompetence.
Pros
Mostly good people
Cons
lack of direction, good ol' boy club
not a stable environment and not enough work for as many employees that they had. a lot of down time for a long time. empty promises for perm hire
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a sure permanent job
High demand in performance. No room for advancement. Immediate co-workers are friendly. Over micro managed.
Pros
Company values and beneifts.
Cons
No advancement for non-sales personel.
No day was ever the same.Manager was hard to please,would not send any one there for employmrnt.
• Prepare, package and ship domestic and international orders for high volume process.
• Requested rate quotes, scheduled pickups and shipped parts through various commercial freight carriers.

• Received incoming material and inspected for compliance to quality standards.
Love this place, very nice people, able work overtime. But I completed my temp assignment and they were not hiring.
Pros
great location
Cons
na
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Womack Machine Supply. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2