Women's Health USA Employee Reviews

Better workplaces out there
CBO (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 22, 2019
I had no idea there are better workplaces out there until I left Women’s Health. I felt I was programmed to think that Women’s Health was the only place for me until I found a wonderful job elsewhere. Better treatment, wonderful caring managers. Women’s Health made me feel unappreciated and the managers are not easy to work with. It’s made it difficult to come to the office after the company changed ownership. Every day was walking on eggshells. Office gossip all day long. Underpaid, no talking, managers always watching us.
Pros
Nothing Really
Cons
Managers, underpaid, uncomfortable work setting.
Better Companies Out There!
CBO Department (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTOctober 25, 2018
Low pay, too many managers, favoritism, hiring family members and constant office gossip. The managers expect us to have magic fingers and do all the work while they are chatting continuously. They frown when you ask co-workers questions and you cannot chat with anyone not even for a good minute. The new system is not user friendly and it became so boring to work with. The managers talk about healthy living and exercising, yet they "treat" the employees pizza and ice cream now and then... There are better companies out there who will appreciate you more.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Managers Attitudes, Computer System
too many chiefs
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTAugust 4, 2018
Too many middle managers that are micro managers; zero work-life balance; too much favoritism; family members working for managers; too much office gossip
Micro management are its worst
PPSNE Department (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 13, 2017
The managers there are constantly on your back wanting you to work magic with a terrible and expensive new system. They question you numerous times a day on productivity knowing the system is down. HR is not much hemp when issues with managers arise, leaving you to feel lonely and isolated. There is a culture of back stabbing and tattling that is encouraged, making it almost impossible to foster team unity.
Pros
Flexible schedule for parents
Cons
Managers never defend their team
Women's Health was a nice small company
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTJune 5, 2017
Women's Health used to be a small company with the culture to go along with it. Everyone knew everyone's name and got along and it was a fun place to work. As it has grown the disconnect between management and employees had grown. There are still a lot of perks working at Women's Health, however the moral has been in a steady decline over the last 3 years.
Pros
promotes healthy lifestyle and encourages getting out and moving
Cons
no real advancment in most areas
Productive and fun
Intern (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTFebruary 21, 2017
I was able to learn how to manage my time accordingly via driving to different offices, hardest part was scheduling with the Practice Managers the most enjoyable was the driving and that I was able to be pretty independent
Pros
40 hours a week but was flexible in schedule
Cons
A lot of driving
Privately owned company that provided job security through their growth.
Human Resource Generalist/HRIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTAugust 7, 2016
Women's Health USA is a privately owned company that provides management services to OB/GYN groups. During my 10 plus years at Women's Health there was continued growth in the business which provided many project based opportunities to learn new systems and processes. The most enjoyable part was being able to interact with the staff and management to realize company goals.
Interesting work place
Network Manager and Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 7, 2016
Certain departments are good to work in.
Execs lack direction and ambition. company is having credit issues.
Direction of the company is not clear and talks of a sale has been mentioned by certain execs, but no other info has been shared and now they are quite.
Pros
certain departments are good
Cons
Execs lack direction and ambition. company is having credit issues.
Women's Health
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMay 17, 2016
MSO Company that provided management services to Physicians for Women's Health. Also jointed Athena and is spreading out of state.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Management
Parker
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTFebruary 29, 2016
Answer phones , wrote out Bills Boss was great it was part time and they closed.

Mon thru Friday and Sat 4 hrs a day

laid back job loved it
It was an ok place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTApril 22, 2015
The IT team was the best one I have ever worked on. There are a lot of good people in the department. All the members worked to one goal.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTApril 21, 2015
Great Company to work for. Great benefits and the staff is exceptional. The management is very involved. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help patients meet their needs.
High volume and fast paced - organization that continues to grow.
Human Resources Generalist/HRIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTFebruary 6, 2015
High volume, fast paced environment. The organization continues to grow despite the economy providing a secure work environment.
Great Company to work for.
Receptionist/Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  West Hartford CTMay 8, 2014
I learned so much durning my 7 years working for Greater Hartford Women's Health. I started as a appointment schdualer and after a year of employement advanced to Medical Receptionist and Medical Biller . The co workers were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed alot of the times but we managed and got through it. I feel the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.
Fast paced environment, challenging at times, but love it! New gym being installed
Cash Management Specialist-Lockbox (Current Employee) –  Avon, CTJune 21, 2013
A typical day is processing customer checks for various Dr. offices for our A/R dept. anywhere from 250 -500 payments a day.
I have learned to be accurate and maintain deadlines daily and help other colleagues meet their deadlines.
There is a lack of communication from management on a need to know basis, and is only brought up on monthly meetings.
Co-workers are a real joy to work with and all work together as a team.
When there is a real abundance of work, time is of the essence and somtimes lunches are missed due to not missing deadlines.
I enjoy the verification of the work and the financial part of the job
Cons
Missed lunches when time is of the essence
systematically unreliable and un organized
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTAugust 2, 2012
I gained nothing from that organization, nothing else to say
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons