Womply Employee Reviews

Run from this company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 10, 2018
Nothing positive to say. RUN from this company!! Management is a joke and they don't care. There's changes daily and they tell you last minute. They lie about everything. High Turnover.
No clue what they're doing...
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 25, 2018
Management has no direction. They constantly miss deadlines for updates that the platform desperately needs. They don't add no brainier features that their users are constantly asking for. It takes them 5+ weeks to add something as simple as a product matrix to help the sales team. The leads that they provide are incomplete and the data that they pull from their partners is fragmented.... Which means you're demoing and selling a product that doesn't actually work. Additionally, they have you sitting around calling the same contracts over and over again, waiting for some mysterious date when they'll get more leads for you to call. Meanwhile, get used to no leads, no commissions, and very little product support or development. Then, expect to be written up (like 90% of the floor usually is) even when you lead the floor in sales numbers because you're not selling enough from their stale leads. Don't work here.
Pros
They give you breaks
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Womply
August 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and perspective. The issues you’ve described about our product development cycle, sales process, and employee evaluation procedures are serious, and do not represent company practices and policies.

One of our core company values is open and honest communication, and we encourage all our employees to communicate with their managers with leadership or with HR about issues or frustrations they may encounter. This helps us improve any potential pain points, and also allows employees to receive helpful context or valuable information about what might be causing specific product delays or data issues. As such, we highly encourage you to surface these issues either directly with your manager, or by reaching out to us at HR@womply.com so that we might have a more meaningful and productive conversation.

Amazing opportunity
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 29, 2018
The company is growing fast and every day is a new adventure and step in the right direction. The management listens well to the advice of everyone and quickly make improvements. The commission structure has changed and I am very happy with the opportunity of making tons of money.
Pros
Great Culture - Product and Management
Cons
Fast paced life of startup - Nothing Con about that if you understand and are driven
Exciting, values-based startup culture, great leaders, relaxed workplace
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 27, 2018
I've been very happy with my time at Womply. I was first drawn to the company by their core values, particularly "act like an owner" and "have fun" among several other great ones. It's refreshing to work for a company that actively works to make sure its employees are happy and successful. My supervisors are very smart, they deserve their authority, their feedback is helpful, and they are friendly and concerned that everyone maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Pros
Active company culture, free food and drinks, relaxed atmosphere, exciting opportunity for growth
Cons
startup culture means a significant amount of chaos, but self-starters can prosper
Great company. Lots of growth. Strap yourself in.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 27, 2018
Womply is a startup on the rise. It has a great leadership team that really understands the path forward and values employees. But, as with any startup, the road forward will only be won after a lot of growth and hard work. That doesn't mean they don't value a well-rested employee. Leadership truly wants you to have a health work life balance that is paired up with high productivity.
Pros
Great management, lots of opportunities for growth and ownership, collaborative environment, team atmosphere
Cons
Lots of operations to build and skills to hire.
Dont
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 16, 2018
Stay away, move to greener pastures. Great in the beginning but changed quickly. AE salaries are bloated and they soon find out that the pay promised is virtually impossible to achieve
Up & coming company going thru growing pains
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Good product that can be used by almost all small businesses. 80% of time spent on phone & computer during walk-throughs. Company needs more sales/management input.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, good healthcare
Cons
Not acting on input
Place is an absolute joke
sdr (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 10, 2018
Management is extremely inexperienced. It's not really a surprise once you meet the CEO.

The sales managers could care less in actually training you. They just want you to hit your call quota. Someone else on here said it's a tech call center, and that is about right.

This is a company that tries to dupe you to work under the guise of a "tech" company out of San Francisco, and that you should be so thankful to be working in the "future."

Anyone with half a brain, can see they are running as lean as possible just to get large enough to sell and make all the upper management their money.
Great people, bad compensation
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJanuary 8, 2018
Great people, Management is great, but the starting salary is low and commissions are far out and low for all but top performers. Great product and I learned a lot here.
Inexperienced sales management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 3, 2017
Need to quit living under the guise of SaaS tech sales and promote that they're actually a tech call-center. Sales management is being run by those who are inexperienced have no business running a tech sales team.
Not so organized
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 27, 2017
Lots of expected phone calls and low moral. They change rules and structure on a weekly basis. Managers seem too busy to provide any real one on one coaching.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
short breaks
It's a good "in between jobs" job...
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 27, 2017
I honestly enjoyed my time at Womply and I was sad to see it end. Things change quickly, so if you're not adaptable to new roles and/or tasks, Womply's not the place for you.

None of the Senior Management really does much to help the company grow. The last manager I had talked about doing a lot, but rarely got out of his chair and rarely communicated with any of my team members.

It's a grind. Just putting up sales is not enough to keep your job. You're expected to hit a dial quota as well as a sales quota. If you under-perform in either, you'll be given a "Letter Of Concern", which basically means you're on your way out. I, myself, received 1 LOC and was fired 2 days later.

Womply is a 6-year-old start up that's still trying to figure things out. Management is basically just there to babysit the young kids. NO job security - regardless of your performance, you're a number and will be replaced and forgotten in a heart beat.
Pros
Awesome product (Software), unlimited free drinks (fountain soda), snacks, cool people.
Cons
Fun place to work, ping pong table,always has snacks
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Thanksgiving Point, UTAugust 22, 2017
Womply is a great company! They are always willing to work with you and help you in any way that you need. They take care of their employees and always have snacks and unlimited drinks. The only issue I have here are the people I'm working with.
Good Company for Entry Level Workers
Customer Success Agent (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 3, 2017
They do their best to keep their employees happy. It isn't somewhere I'd like to stay for a long time, unless I was one of the overpaid upper-managers.The actual processes carried out by Womply are sometimes a little sketchy, but always legal. They have a really great thing to offer the world of small business and it is fun to kind of be part of it. The trainers are great and the hiring process is really painless. The benefits aren't exactly top notch, but they're there. I have enjoyed my time here at Womply mostly because of my coworkers and the relaxed, but busy environment. The culture is fine, nothing to write home about, but definitely not bad.
Pros
They try to do some spiffs and activities, Snacks and drinks abound, Unscheduled breaks, Flexible schedule for unpaid time off
Cons
No vacation days, Very limited PTO, Some (very few) unsavory coworkers, Cubicles are iffy
Decent
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 13, 2017
Decent pay and hours. Very high pressure. Definitely gives you a good deal of sales experience. You are basically cold calling people non stop to sell in house software for most of their entry level positions.
Start up with lots of potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 12, 2017
It's a start-up. That being said, they have good funding and a phenomenal product. You'll have to work hard, but the upside is pretty incredible. Lots of incredible talent on the management team. Fun atmosphere, decent benefits, free food and drinks.
Pros
Free food, great coworkers.
Cons
Long hours for managers.
Fun productive work environment with a ping pong table.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 14, 2017
Talk to merchants about their business. Build a personal strategy to help them understand their business data. Assisted them with their business presence online. Assisted business's in their marketing strategies.
Pros
matched up to 5% on my 401k
Cons
Low commission structure
Very comfortable atmosphere, felt like we were all family rather than co-workers
SALES DEVELOPMENT R EPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 7, 2017
The hardest part of the job was getting the Merchant to stay on the phone with us to go through everything when we had to tell them before anything else that the call would take about 20 minutes and we're calling during their busiest hours. The culture was amazing! I miss a lot of people there just because everyone was so kind and comfortable with each other. That was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great work place with Ping pong table.
SDR 2 (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 15, 2016
Great work experience and great product. Fun spiffs and company parties. Downside would be that management can be difficult and unfair due to a bad hire.
Fast paced work environment
Junior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2016
Very fast paced work environment, most enjoyable part of the job was setting up merchants for our services. I learned a lot about the importance of online reviews and how they can hurt or help a small business.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Womply. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about