Wonder Employee Reviews

Nice people and helpful collaboration, but poor training.
Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Work from HomeMarch 21, 2018
First of all, it's important to note this work is paid by the job, not by the hour. It's purely information gathering, but you have to correctly interpret what information is being requested and in what format.

I really appreciate how much people are willing to help each other, through the internal chats. Unfortunately, the ultimate help (training) was insufficient. I had a hard time understanding what was needed, and when I would turn in work, I would be told it was good or bad, but I never got to see any of the corrections that were made. I could not search for how others have handled similar requests, because my work was not the end product, it was an in-between stage, which is not visible in the final product. Without specific feedback and examples, I was unable to learn what was considered an acceptable submission. Therefore, I have a hard time recommending this employer, even though I truly enjoyed the culture.
Pros
Work on your own schedule, as long as assignments were available.
Cons
Limited training and feedback.
A great remote option!
Researcher/Writer (Current Employee) –  Hellertown, PANovember 10, 2017
I really enjoy working for this company. Unfortunately, the new changes in formatting make it incredibly difficult to advance and my mental and monetary stability are in shambles.
Pros
Working from home, choosing your work hours
Cons
Bad formatting changes
Productive work environment
RESEARCH ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
Productive work environment. Sourcing. Research. Contract. Fast pace. Responsive management. Meeting deadlines. Compensation convenient. Helpful management. Supportive culture.
Always productive and challenging
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 4, 2015
We began our day at 4am. It take on the average about an hour to an hour and a half to load our own trucks with pre-ordered product which is a week in advance. On the daily basis you learn more and more about your market ; for instance cupcakes are actually geographical depending on flavor ( chocolate or orange )
Management was always very helpful ( setting up large and small displays in major stores ) which can result in large commission checks. Holidays and estimating how much product to put out on the market on down days so you won't run out of product (back stock).
Store Management frowns upon that.
Co-workers are very competitive. Hard work makes great pay days!
Pros
Free product, being your own boss in the field. Self-motivating
Cons
Sometimes the weather can get really bad, but we must serve.
Enjoyed my career with Interstate Brands to the end.
Wonder/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 6, 2014
Training and advancement opportunities. Excellent management skills developed through training in safety, team skills and sales advancement training.
Pros
Educational opportunities.
Cons
Company too top heavy.
Was an overall good company to work for
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHDecember 7, 2012
Great pay. Fair benefits. Extremely poor corporate management led to the liquidation and closure of the entire Wonder/Hostess corporation.
very productive and fun place to work
Hostess Thrift Store (Former Employee) –  DePere WIOctober 9, 2012
My day was always busy. Stocking shelves and checking in orders from the bakery and recieving product from route drivers. y co-workers became friends that I still talk to today. The most enjoyable part of my day was my customers.
Pros
meeting new people and becoming friends, good insurance
Cons
hours
Customers are great, people i work with are very good to be around
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 6, 2012
Get up around 1am and get ready for work and get on the road about 3 to 3:30 am from the depot and go around and restock shelves and pulling out dates off shelves and bring new oder in
Pros
great people to work with..
Cons
long hours and not much pay
Great Brands fast paced environment
Design Director (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 25, 2012
Great clients list and open minded design thinking. Very eclectic group of people bring to light fantastic results towards design solution, multi-back ground employees. Friendly atmosphere.
A Good Place to Learn Time Management Skills and Patience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 8, 2012
I worked for Wonder/Hostess for a short period but during that time I learned to manage my time in an effective manner as well as learning that patience is a key element to have when working with customers on a daily basis. For instance, the hardest part of that job was trying to be in multiple places at once. During a delivery day I would have to interact with customers as well as inventory items. This process was difficult but I learned to management time and be prepared when it was necessary.