Wonders Early Learning + Extended Day Employee Reviews

Great Experience with Wonders
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 5, 2018
I joined the Wonders team in November of last year and it has been an extremely positive experience so far.

Wonders staff are friendly, inclusive, supportive and ready to help with anything. They are EXTREMELY generous with personal/vacation time and work with your schedule when things come up - which they always do!

The pay is MUCH better than almost all organizations in this field and you can tell Wonders values the people they hire and what they bring to the company.

My experience has been very positive and I look forward to continue working with these great people. It is clear that all employees at Wonders genuinely care about early childhood education and care. I have already learned so much in my short time here so far.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Pay, Support
Great company to work for!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 3, 2018
I've been with Wonders for just under a year and I have to say that coming to work here has been one of the best decisions I've made. Here's why:
1) Work/Life Balance: The management here is really understanding of the fact that people have lives outside of their work. I've always felt supported when I've needed to take time off for an emergency, sickness, vacation, etc. That being said, working in the field of ECE also means that it's really important people show up for work. The kids need teachers to watch them! There's been a balance because I try to make an honest effort to be there on time every day but when I really can't make it in, I've never been given any grief about it.
2) Compensation: The pay is definitely higher than so many other places in this area.
3) Professionalism: Wonders makes a point that we are different from other places around here. The idea of professionalism and maintaining high standards is always first and foremost. We strive to teach the kids based on real researched methods. Wonders doesn't hire just anyone. They seem to be pretty careful in who they bring in to work here.

Overall, I've been really happy and plan to stay as long as I can. I think as long as you're doing your job well, showing up on time and are respectful to all, you won't have any problems here.
Pros
Compensation, work-life balance
Cons
The commute can be hard because the school is in Bethesda
Wow!
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 7, 2017
Wonders is a very disorganized, unstructured organization. The children have full range to do whatever they and can say whatever they want to. It is not your job to correct them or correct the inappropriate behaviors. All a child has to do is say YOU did this and you will br immediately terminated without warning.(even if its false!). Management does NOT care about the employees or their personal life. It's a MUST to report everyday for program regardless of the circumstances and/or situation. Wonders is not welcoming to new employees will make you feel uncomfortable and unwanted.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of management, lack of structure, lack of understanding of child development, lack of training.
Kids and teacher were great, management was sub-par
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2017
The teachers and support staff at the centers were great and the kids were a lot of fun. Although upper management allows each center and director a lot of autonomy, they provided 0 training for new directors.
As an experienced Executive Assistant, I've worked over the past 3 years on numerous projects supporting the Executive Director.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2015
I am the direct liaison to the Director, who oversees a staff of 80+ employees – Directors, Teachers and staff. I am also responsible for coordinating all communications to approximately 600+ families that we serve. My position requires complete discretion of privileged information of families and their children in the community that we serve. Communication is pivotal to our organization and we do so in a number of ways, via our webpage, direct email, newsletters and the various social media pages I maintain. In my role as Executive Assistant, I’m responsible for all matters relating to a 20 member Board - organizing monthly Board meetings, agendas, routine correspondence, trainings and workshops. My role is not administrative but highly creative; we rely heavily on fundraising projects to support our programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wonders Early Learning + Extended Day. Our community is ready to answer.

Wonders Early Learning + Extended Day Reviews by Job Title