Wood Consulting Employee Reviews

No Regard for Employee Wellness
Technical Writer/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
There is no regard for employees' health or the health of their families. You are treated like just another resource rather a person. This company is not for people who aren't the picture of health.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, very nice holiday galas
Cons
There's no telework
poor management
Technical Writer/Editor II (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDDecember 27, 2017
company is a government contractor whose mission seems to be to get contractors in place, give them little to no work and bill the government so that the company can fill its coffers.
Great Place to grow roots
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDNovember 28, 2017
Great company to work for. President truly cares about employees and truly recognize employees hard work and commitment to the Company. Feels like my second home.
Pros
Cons
Contract work
Good Recent Graduates
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2013
Wood Consulting has great benefits and offers a decent work environment. The employees really work together as a team and are willing to share knowledge with each other.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Flexible Work Hours, Pto, Holiday Party
Cons
Low Conpensation
Wood Consulting, Inc.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2013
Great management, and work atmosphere. Opportunity to learn a lot.
Cons
Job security depends on federal contract funds
No Follow Thru and No Communication
Administrative Assitant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2013
I worked at Wood for almost 3 years. In the beginning everything was wonderful - there were promises of career advanced, tuition reimbursement, training, salary increases, etc. Overtime all of this changed. HR steadily went downhill. Communication with management was almost nil and since I was on assignment I never had any interaction with Headquarters.
They quickly began to do away with all incentives to stay with the company. Stipulations were added to all benefits making them almost impossible to receive. By year two increases dropped significantly and when I asked about career advancement HR refused to discuss it. When I interviewed for another position within the company I found the other offices disorganized and management confusing. Despite the protocol I never heard back from anyone and ended up having to call HR myself - and they were unable to give any information.
Despite referring friends to Wood consulting and being promised referral bonus' I never received one. Wood is known for suddenly finding "unwritten" stipulations making you "ineligible to receive" what they have previously promised you. There is no communication with headquarters and no way of discussing with management.
I would never refer anyone to work for Wood Consulting. They hire quality people and treat them horribly - the only reason ppl hung on was for the hope of being picked up by the government.
Pros
free HMO plan
Cons
No communication with headquarters, poor leadership