WOOD COUNTY HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Staff nurse
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 8, 2018
The expectations for the nursing staff is unrealistic in regards to nurse/patient ratio. Promotions are not granted fairly, such as years of experience, education level, or seniority being taken into consideration, in part due to there not being a clinical ladder to use as a guide for advancement by staff or management. Very difficult to advance professionally with limited support for advancing education.
As a staff nurse, the coworkers were wonderful and worked together well.
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 9, 2018
Worked the night shift was quite able to stay busy all of my shift.
Learned how to operate floor machines.
Management was great very hands on.
The hardest part of my job was waxing floors.
The most enjoyable part was knowing that I did a good job and my area was sanitized for patients.
Pros
job security
Cons
no pay increase
Lots of hours
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 20, 2018
Nice hospital to work at. Good laboratory environment. Lots of overtime opportunity. Can be short staffed at times.
hospital culture was nice. co-workers pleasant to be around
Hospital Experience
Diet aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 20, 2017
I worked as a student dietary aide where I was able to learn how food service in a hospital setting worked. I was able to work in the kitchen as well as talk with patients.
Pros
Free Dinner, Laid back atmosphere
Cons
maxium of 1 year per student working was offered
Overview of Wood County Hospital
Registration (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 13, 2017
The job itself has great benefits and a professional atmosphere, overall I have enjoyed my experience. There are a few minor improvements that could be made to better my time.
It is a nice place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 30, 2017
Small community hospital located in Bowling Green, Ohio. BGSU gives the community an eclectic feel situated in a small rural area. The hospital is an independent organization.
Pros
Small community hospital
Cons
na
Great Place
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 30, 2017
Everyone that works here are very helpful. They have made my experience here one of the best. Every one is willing to give a help hand and are very knowledgeable.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 8, 2017
Good organization to work for. Great supervisor and management support. Continually providing education and encouragement to improve skills and knowledge of job.
Friendly environment with patient centered care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 21, 2017
Great hospital to start my nursing career. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help, give advice, and encouragement. I've learned so much as a student nurse, aide, and now a nurse.
Pros
friendly staff, benefits
Cons
small town hospital
Great environment with great people.
Welcome Center Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHApril 2, 2017
I always felt uplifted when I went in to work my shifts. I was trained very well. The environment was healthy. I learned a lot about healthcare and customer service.
frantic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 29, 2017
Management only concerned about the bottom dollar. nurse burn out is not a concern, that really should be addressed. patient load not at a safe level.
The hospital is s great place to work, the employees not so much
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 19, 2017
Good place to work, nice, clean environment.
Learned a lot from the employees. Kitchen is very clean. Trainers are knowledgeable and very proactive.. The employees need a dose of reality.
Pros
Meet tons of people, most of the staff is friendly
Cons
Alot of highschool drama from kitchen staff. Schedule is all messed up, recieved a suspension for unknown causes, called management, they told me the manager got fired?
best job ever
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 9, 2017
the staff was amazing and worked as a team should. I learned so much from that company and it really helped me advance my phlebotomy career. Everyone was very friendly and the entire hospital had a sense of "you belong here" type of vibe. very family oriented.
Pros
best job ever
Cons
no breaks and got bumped to send shift when hired in as 1st
Wood County Hospital
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 25, 2017
Great people to work with, management needs to discipline better and try and motivate their employees. Benefits could be much better and better raises and wages could be given.
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job has been assisting in the care of others in a fun, laid-back atmosphere. I have learned a lot and have gained valuable experience in the areas of hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, microbiology, and blood banking
Student aid
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Hospital worked with my school to give students opportunity to work and explore the health care system. Great opportunity and absolutely loved the nurses and staff I worked with.
Don't waste your time working there
Hospital employee (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 8, 2016
Very small hospital. There's no room for advancement and they don't give out performance raises or raises of any sort. Not only that, the benefits are so expensive and they suck. You also don't get sick time or personal time. It is by far the most boring place I've ever worked not enough to do and way too much drama. The only people who matter are the salaried employees. Wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there.
I enjoyed the team work and customer service there
Dietary aide II (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Our days varied depending on the position we were scheduled for. All the members of our department rotated positions weekly. I was trained in cashier, barista, food prep, and other kitchen oriented tasks. My co workers were easy to get along with.However, it turned out to be easy in no time. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with the customers as this was a community based hospital it was nice to get to know them.
Busy department
laboratory technologist (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHSeptember 5, 2014
I work in the laboratory. The department gets busy at times. Management doesn't want any additional hours even if they are needed. Benefits are not even close to any other job, ONE week of vacation and very expensive health insurance.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
ONE week of vacation and expensive health insurance
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 13, 2014
I was only an intern at the company, but if I was a regular employee this would be a great job, with many opportunities to make advancements.