Wood Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I would working for them again
Subcontract Administrator,Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
This company was great to work for, even though my project ended with them during a slow time in the market. I would still recommend Wood Group to others.
Thank for the experiences and best wishes.
Enjoyed working at Wood Group
Maintenance Reliability Consultant for BP Angola (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
people on project was best, good cooperation, team play, after-work fun as a team...Project management played games with customer, so customer moved to new support (worse solution)..
would work at Wood Group again, with greater interaction with clients
Pros
health benefits
Cons
project dependent work, seasonal
Great job culture and work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
Due to the recent oil market downturn job security and career advancement has not been very tough. However, its a great place to work at with wonderful people and job culture.
Summary
TIMEKEEPER, PAYROLL ADMIN (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 11, 2018
Woodgroup was an experience. Learned alot. Didnt like the people. Especially upper management. Company ended up laying my department off. Decisions made were not in the best interest of employees.
Compensation is definitly worth it
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 8, 2018
Good pay, good coworkers, but jobs don't last long enough. If you're looking for long term job, might want to try another contract company, but if you're looking for a job to bounce around, Woodgroup is for you.
Productive and fun workplace
Structural engineer assistant / AutoCAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  AtyrauJune 21, 2018
Good working environment and happy employees.
My supervisor was very helpful. Whenever a new team member comes into the company we would have a lunch together at company's expense.
Great Work Opportunity
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
I love the management, work atmosphere. The was never any work pressure. Everybody seemed friendly. Great opportunity for growth and development. Training and development was very adequate.
Temporary Assignment as Environmental Inspector for installation of dual Pipeline
Environmental Inspector, On-Site (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2018
Project required use of personnal 4-wheel drive vehicle, and locating area living quarters.. Fair per diem and mileage reimbursemant was reasonable amount.. Most of typical day spent monitoring site work installation by P/L Construction contractor and discussions with P/L Construction Foreman..

Did learn to only discuss problem issues with fellow Wood employees

P/L Construction bunch generally regarded Wood as advesary, with few exceptions

Hard Part: Due to P/L installation progress, had to relocate after 5 months from Teaxas City area to Lake Jackson [close to P/L end point.

Best Part: Pay was good & follow Wood staff were very good, particularly the Inspection Chief
Pros
Salary
Cons
Required 4-wheel drive vehicle
Good people over all. Competitive pay. Great benefits. PTO. Vacation.
A Operator (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMay 22, 2018
Wood is overall a good company to work for when they are busy. I would go back to work for them. They may be taking over contract where I am again if company sales lease. I actually would welcome this. Please. Current company just cut overtime on workers. Really sucks. Not working over anymore. They can kiss my yeah buddy.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Laid off when work was slow
AmecFW/Wood was a nice place to work
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NJMay 22, 2018
AmecFw/Wood was mostly a satisfying place to work with a comfortable atmosphere and nice co-workers. I was sad to leave due to downsizing. My commute was less than 10 minutes which was another perk.
They went out of business. Not sure how helpful this would be.
Graduate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2018
Kenny was a company that did their jobs well. They focused on offshore development and project management for the bigger oil and gas companies. They had a good environment, good managers in my experience, good pay and benefits, I wasn't a fan of their training methods and the lack of advancement opportunities but they were fair and did their best for their employees. Not much changed when they were bought up by Wood Group. The bosses stayed the same and everyone kept working until the downturn slowly killed Kenny off. To my understanding Wood Group finally cut their losses, kept the employees they felt like keeping and essentially dissolved the company. End of the story.
Not a place that cares about their employees
Accounts Receivable / Cash Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2018
Power struggle amongst management. Low pay for the volume of work. H/R does not protect the Employees and Ethics Policy is not practiced. Low team moral.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
health care too expensive, low pay
Experienced support staff for projects
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
Enjoyed the team work with staff. Finished projects on time and under budget. Good management support for team and facilities for holding meetings. Good parking accommodations.
Pros
Great Staff to work with
Cons
Sometimes short on staff available for projects
Poor market
Principle Engineering Professional (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
Wood is an Aberdeen Scotland based Energy Services Company listed on the London Stock Exchange. Wood provides a range of services from engineering, production support, and maintenance management worldwide.
Wood Group is a great company
Materials Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXMay 11, 2018
I loved my time working for Wood Group. Would still be employed there if I had my say. At the end of the day they are still a contractor, so they can only handle what the Account Company wants and needs.
Pros
Great Management and Benefits
Cons
They service the Oil/Gas Industry which is mostly a joke.
Wood Group is a fantastic place to work
Sr Admin Specialist / Document Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2018
The culture of this company has changed over the past 10 years. Change has been good. I loved coming to work every day while I was there. I had the pleasure of working with some of the best in the field and they were my mentors. I didn't feel boxed in as far as learning. My mentors were always happy to share their knowledge and teach me new skill sets.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Oil & Gas Market unpredictability
Good
Multi Skilled Operator (MSO) (Current Employee) –  Tilden, TXApril 22, 2018
good job with okay pay, get a lot of experience with different equipment and co workers are reliable and knowledgeable, everyone is good about helping each other out.
Great work environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2018
Great work environment. No over bearing pressure.
Most enjoyable part of the job - work at my own pace.
Learned how to work with other disciplines
Great management
Cons
Sometimes too much oversight
okay place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
For some people no way for advancement. It is a okay place to work.
Benefits okay. PTO is used for any type of time off, including sick leave. Flexible hours are appreciated.
Pros
close to home, has a cafeteria for employees
Cons
insurance is too high
Pipefitter/Structural Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXApril 8, 2018
Wood group is a great place to work in our community. I get plenty of hours and great pay. I have no problems with management. They are a great company for our community.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
cant think of any