Wood Group Employee Reviews

good place to work
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Tilden, TXFebruary 12, 2019
good place to work. relaxed paced everyone good to work with management was great on top of everything you had to get done well organized up to date on training
had good time there
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 10, 2019
working with the wood group people was a experience two me because it someting new two learn every day had a lot off good people working with me from all over the country
Pros
thirty min lunch
Cons
fifiteen min. breaks
Productive and fun work place
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Productive and fun work place easy people to get along good location good benefits good pay good people good management overall great environment great company
Good Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX, USFebruary 1, 2019
In general, Wood is a very good company to work with.
Horrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 30, 2019
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place. You are better off. I was a admin there and they do not care about your work load, your well being. You are just a work mule. The management there is so off I dont even know how the company runs. The pay is not competitive, the people who work there are snakes. If you work there you are best to stay to yourself and talk to no one. Do not trust anyone ,they will stab you in the back as soon as they get the opportunity.

Payroll will go around and ask others about your times, so watch your times.

They will over work you and expect you to keep taking on projects and you will not get compensated for it.
Pros
None lol
Cons
Everything!
good company to work for
I and E tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 27, 2019
I have had a rewarding career working for Wood group, they are in my opinion the best off shore oil and gas company that hires out contract workers going. They treat the employees fairly and have the best benefits and pay in the industry.
Wood Confuses Narcissism with Leadership
Private (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 24, 2019
Some of the worst managers I've ever seen. A very toxic place to work. Managers belittle and curse at the worker's publicly. HR is a joke. The cute HR girls are only there for the managers to flirt with and do nothing to solve problems. Here we use the phrase PMO for HR which stands for People and Organizational Management; it must be a British thing. Super mini cubicles, with low 12" walls and no privacy. No organization or processes, very chaotic. Manager are mostly concerned about protecting their jobs. Management tries very hard to hire from Scotland and not from Alaska so don't plan on getting promoted. Computer equipment is old and you have to wait for someone to get fired and then you can take their nicer computer and monitors. Servers are slow and offline frequently.

Managers encourage salaried employees to work extra hours that aren't billed to the client. Crazy.

FYI - They run continuous advertisements for multiple positions; this doesn't mean they are hiring, they just want to have a pool so they can replace fired workers quickly. When they interview that means they just fired someone.

High turn over rate on the North Slope and in Town.

Management comes in late and leaves early. Everyone else comes in early and leaves late.

Office is on the 10th floor so hang on when there is an earthquake; its a wild ride.

Don't work here unless you have no other choices.
Pros
They will be out of business soon and will leave Alaska
Cons
Pore management. Entire payroll records were accessible to any staff member in the Springboro, Ohio office. This caused conflict with coworkers and
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Terrible management. Entire payroll records were accessible to any staff member in the Springboro, Ohio office. This caused conflict and resentment with coworkers who had been there 12 years, who viewed my salary which was more than their salary. Office procedures were not clear, enforced or available to train new employees. Company procedures were not implemented. My experience was terrible and highly unprofessional, it was literally a nightmare and I am happy it didn’t work out.
Pros
Cons
The entire experience!
Excelent place to gain experience.
Sr. Designer 1 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Wood Group Mustang is a great paying job with a great 401 K program. It is a great place to learn and advance your work skills. Your co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job Security (but thats the oil industry)
WoodGroup experience.
I & E Foreman (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TX 77571January 22, 2019
I worked as a I&E Tech/Foreman for Wood. Their management is not up to par by any means. Their are some good supervisors but all in all they could do much better. The benefits are awesome. I enjoyed my time there and made some good contacts. I would’ve stayed had they given me my raise to the pay I deserved for what I was taking care of for them.
Pros
Great benefits. Steady hours.
Cons
Management.
They are dedicated to a safe work environment
Millwright/ Toolroom (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXJanuary 21, 2019
WoodGroup is a really a good company to work for.
I hope I am able to come back to them. Even at a different location or a different job description.
I have a little over 7 years and would like to continue my career with WoodGroup. They have all the benefits I would need. They also care for the Safety of their employees which is very important to me as an employee.
A Productive, hypocritical, clean place to work.
Residential Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lytle, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Management is all screwed up even on the camino real side. Their is no room for growth. Retirement job or school. This job is not cut out for the weak or shy. The place is about making money not healping others.
Pros
Pay, requesting off days, meet a variety of new people
Cons
Manangement, healthcare, safety
Was once a good company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXJanuary 18, 2019
The company was once elkhorn. Before the got bought out. When they were still elkhorn the head management were more personal. Once they got bought out by the larger wood group everyone became a number.
Great travel opportunity
Administrative Asst./Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 18, 2019
The overall experience with this company was great. I had the opportunity to travel and meet new people and places. Great company to work for as well.
Pros
Travel
Contract Employee
Land Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Contract Employee for Sunoco Pipeline. Management support. Title issues resolved. Landowner issues addressed on a daily basis. Landowners compensated as needed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
On call 24/7
Fast pace
Ironworker Foreman (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Job pays well lot of hours, kept crews busy, helped with all other crafts, had forman meetings was able to tell Superindent what was needed, had plenty of tools
Fun Job, worked with good people
T&A Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Mills, WYJanuary 10, 2019
Fun place to work. Good job until I got layed off. G E bought Wood Group, 3 years later G E bought Baker Hughes. Closed the Wood Group shop & layed off the shop hands.
Pros
Fun, good place to work, safe work environment.
Great environment and challenging work
Americas Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I enjoy my role as Finance Manger. It provides me with the opportunity to do Financial Reporting and Analysis. I learned to use HFM consolidation software. I was provided the opportunity to grow by taking on additional responsibilities during my time here. I have been happy here but due to a merger, my position may be phased out.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and good benefits
Cons
Changes in ownership
respect
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2018
The clients are very friendly . and staff are awesome ,job is very relax and the working time is great .the case worker are very partial , The management are great
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no break
Depends on your contractor and platform
C-Operator (Former Employee) –  LafayetteDecember 26, 2018
I had a very nice job position hate with Woodgroup PSN, but it Wicket turned South when I was thrown to a platform to do a separate job that u wasn't hired for. Plus the crew on said platform was not pleasant people to work w with.