Wood Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very keen on quality and integrity.
Foreman/supervision (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 31, 2018
Wood group is a great place to work and make a life long career at. There are plenty of advancement opportunities and they compensate well for individuals wanting to advance.
Wood Group
Pipeline engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Wood Group is a good company to work for. They try to find work even if business is slow. The benefits are good to. There is opportunity to travel to other parts of the country.
Pros
pay
Cons
office is in Katy which is far from where I live
Nice work ethic
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  TrinidadAugust 29, 2018
People make the company which Woodgroup has with a few exceptions of course. A day isn't very stressful but there are challenges which help me progress
Good job for starting out but no good management
Electrical Helper (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 29, 2018
Good for someone who needs a job or starting out and getting training but would suggest moving on after a few years. Good pay, benefits, bad management.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of hours
Cons
Poor management, hard to earn a raise, low salary cap
EPC company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
One of my many EPC contract positions. When working contract I don’t expect to be in one place forever which has never been my the plan. I work until the contract is over or work slows down and I see that being cut from the workforce is happening sooner than later.
very snotty group of people to work with
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 28, 2018
I felt that the other office personal felt threatened when I was hired; like I was going to take their job away for whatever reason. Management was not very good with communication basically have to find "busy" work
A serious work environment.
Principal Civil/Structural Designer & Checker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
A good place to be employed with great benefits and 401K matching.
The in house work flow was very inconsistant.
The benefit of flex time arrival and departure was a plus.
Good company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 27, 2018
The company's overall culture is nice and promotes family first. Teamwork is the overall attitude of the company. The management team encourages work life balance.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
health benefits could be better
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 26, 2018
My time and Wood Group was the happiest of my life. They have a great corporate culture with a knowledgeable and dedicated management staff. I would recommend this company to other individuals.
Interesting work environment
Sr. Piping Designer I Anchorage, AK I (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AlaskaAugust 24, 2018
Wood was an interesting company to work for. They are attempting to merge European and American business practices in Alaska and run it from Houston, Texas. I think they need to realize that Alaska has a way of doing things that is quite different from the lower 48 and Europe. They also need to run this office like a true engineering firm and have a dedicated IT staff on hand.
Otherwise the people made it a very nice place to work.
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
fumbled project execution
Decent place to work.
A-operator (Current Employee) –  Various locations along the Gulf coast.August 22, 2018
Decent place to work , project managers are helpful when they can. The only complaint I have is that they have become to big. Its hard to get in contact with other project managers if your manager does not approve it.
i eve working for them!!!!
A Operator Offshore (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 19, 2018
they are the best company to work for i will miss working for i was happy working for and made a lot of friends their and had good food and good money.
Pros
good money.
Cons
no sick leave.
Productive group and good people
Lead Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 16, 2018
This Company did their employees right. Good Pay and Benefits. Bonus' and worked well , one on one with the Supervisor. They had bunk houses at the time for their employees to stay at over night before their shift began.
Pros
Money, Benefits, People
Cons
n/a
Great Workplace.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Gatesville, TXAugust 14, 2018
very relaxed work environment, basically your own supervisor overnight, no issues that cannot be handled by just talking to you coworkers, very laid back.
They paid great but if you don’t have have experience they’re not really willing to help you.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 12, 2018
Wood Group pays great money, they offer all kinds of benefits, I started working with them early March, they expect you to already know what to do. It’s not a good company to learn at.
It was ok
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 6, 2018
It was OK didn't have much to do with the office. I was contracted through Chevron. I worked on different contracts. Wood group did keep up with all training for that's required.
Large high volume beachfront establishment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
Typical day at work involved staffing needs for the day at hand. Working in close relation with vendors to ensure quality product at cost efficient prices. Guest relations constantly ongoing in order to establish repeat business.

Learned profit and loss spreadsheets, forecasting delegation of duties to lower management.

Management always held open door policy for all employees to ensure that staff always had an outlet to explain any issues regarding their work. This made for an extremely positive atmosphere and culture throughout.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with an individual owner who did not have much flexibility in taking others ideas or opinions seriously.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people alongside me, as well as those under me. Guest relations.
Pros
Free meals, home was very close to work, meeting people from all avenues of life
Cons
No health insurance or retirement, one individual owner, constraints on creativity and ideas
Life at wood group form the Sweeny p66 project
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TXAugust 3, 2018
Upon working at the sweeney project with Wood Group it kept all of the old management team from when Wood group bought infinity group services. so there is a lot of favoritism and it shows it hurts the overall morale for workers. there is a lot of complaints and supervisors in positions only because they know somebody. there needs to be a management training program. we just continue to hear its on the way. Wood however does have opportunity to go to school but it is not promoted correctly a lot of employees are unaware of the benefits available to them. I believe it needs to have a revamp of management or at minimum proper training.
Pros
401k 100% up to 4%, tuition reimbursement
Cons
poor management, No room for growth
Good learning experience, but very competitive
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2018
When work is available all is well, but when work starts decreasing people tend to hog up work and leave others without. Hence people without work are first to get laid off. Managers favor who gets trained and who doesn't. Pay is unfair. One can be making double and doesn't have skills the person getting paid less has more skills.
Pros
Company name, good benefits
Cons
Poor management, unfair pay, double standard, favoritism
Bad company with worse leadership
Vice President, Corporate Contracts (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
Once Mustang was essentially dissolved and replaced by PSN leadership the credibility and integrity was gone. The current leadership is underwhelming at best, poorly prepared for the jobs they have and are borderline unethical in their actions.