Wood Group Employee Reviews

Not a real review
Subsea Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
I have no review to make on this position, as I barely held it before I was laid off during the oil downturn of 2015. But Indeed mandates a review of at least 150 characters, so here it is. Do you like it?
Pros
They're Scottish, and they make great drinking partners.
Cons
They're Scottish, so understanding them is only so-so.
Manager Information Security (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GANovember 11, 2018
excellent job satisfaction. very flexible work hours and good compensation.. Enjoyed my time there very much. Wish I was still there. I was layed off from Wood.
Pros
management
Cons
flexibility
I enjoy my job
Senior HSSEA Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 8, 2018
I was very happy to work with Wood and enjoyed my day to day job functions, I appreciate the support of my immediate supervisor and was happy to work for him.
Good company to work for
Lead PTW Coordinator/HSE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Positive attitude towards work task and safety orientated. Good benefits and good access to office personnel dealing with Human Relations. Their Safety Department is committed and pro active.
Typical day
Lead Operations Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 1, 2018
On a typical day at work I bring our gas turbine's online following plant procrdures and monitor plant systems.Review and update plant logs.Monitor plant water chemistry.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Can be stressfull at times
Good company,Made lots of friends there.
Pipefitter/Bolt up (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 15, 2018
Good place to work. I had two different formans while iI was there and they were both great.Everyone looked out for one another. And we completed job with no accidents.
Pros
Family type environment
Cons
It's over when it's over. Tempoary job. But will work there again. No cons about it.
Long Hours but a great place to work
LOGISTICS OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 12, 2018
Long Hours. Always on the clock. Learned more about myself through positive growth. Management was supportive. Nice workplace culture. Everyone was supportive.
Pros
Good folks to work with.
Cons
Hours were sometime demanding
Very good company
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
I worked for two years in Wood Group, during this time I knew that it is an organized company, that the interdisciplinary relationships were good and they have a high level of respect for work and for the contributions I made.
Pros
good variable time work schedule
Cons
not have
Wood Group will not allow you to change contracts
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAOctober 3, 2018
Wood Group will not allow you to change contracts, or allow you to make changes that will give you opportunity to advance.

When Wood Group puts you on a contract, they make it extremely difficult to change or hire on with another company. Once you are on a specific contract, they wont you to stay there. Even though they have better opportunities available. Your operations manager would rather find someone else outside of the company to hire, because they are worried more about themselves and the benefit of having more people working under them than actually helping out the current employee. They are more concerned with numbers not people!!!!!
Pros
14 days off
Cons
Stuck with a dead end job
Wood group is an ok company
Welder helper (Former Employee) –  Mentone, TXSeptember 30, 2018
The totem pole at wood is all messed up nothings ever clear there. Direction is poorly given and communication is as barren as the desert out there. Don’t expect for them to follow up on you either, all in all a good company though
Pros
Nice per diem
Cons
Lay offs are huge
Very laid back atmosphere
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXSeptember 24, 2018
A typical day at work for Woodgroup was very pleasurable and informative; many of my co-workers were my seniors and were plentiful in knowledge and experience. I learned many things as carpenter with them as I spent much of my time as a form Carpenter and a lot of the work that we performed usually was on display. meaning we built many cabimets and shelves along with some special projects; overall the atmosphere was very close knit, like we were a family. I enjoyed my time with Woodgroup, I have a great amount of respect for the group of guys that I worked with along with the leadership.
Pros
Very laid back atmosphere
Cons
Slow at times
work with a wide variety of teams and all levels of the company
MARKETING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
WG offered a lot of work/life balance, my reporting manager genuinely cared for well being, success and happiness on the job. Wider company historically had great leadership with a culture about the people, but through M&As, office politics and culture/identity battles increased.
Decent company to work for
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 23, 2018
I've been in the trade for a little over two years, they are pretty much the same as any other big construction company. You are there to work and complete the project. Of course management makes all the difference.
Very keen on quality and integrity.
Foreman/supervision (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 31, 2018
Wood group is a great place to work and make a life long career at. There are plenty of advancement opportunities and they compensate well for individuals wanting to advance.
Wood Group
Pipeline engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Wood Group is a good company to work for. They try to find work even if business is slow. The benefits are good to. There is opportunity to travel to other parts of the country.
Pros
pay
Cons
office is in Katy which is far from where I live
Nice work ethic
Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  TrinidadAugust 29, 2018
People make the company which Woodgroup has with a few exceptions of course. A day isn't very stressful but there are challenges which help me progress
Good job for starting out but no good management
Electrical Helper (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 29, 2018
Good for someone who needs a job or starting out and getting training but would suggest moving on after a few years. Good pay, benefits, bad management.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of hours
Cons
Poor management, hard to earn a raise, low salary cap
EPC company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
One of my many EPC contract positions. When working contract I don’t expect to be in one place forever which has never been my the plan. I work until the contract is over or work slows down and I see that being cut from the workforce is happening sooner than later.
very snotty group of people to work with
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 28, 2018
I felt that the other office personal felt threatened when I was hired; like I was going to take their job away for whatever reason. Management was not very good with communication basically have to find "busy" work
A serious work environment.
Principal Civil/Structural Designer & Checker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2018
A good place to be employed with great benefits and 401K matching.
The in house work flow was very inconsistant.
The benefit of flex time arrival and departure was a plus.