Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill Employee Reviews in Ventura, CA

Ventura, CA5 reviews

Fast paced fun work environment

Great BBQ done fast and easy. Huge volumes prepared with quality assurance. Family style work environment. I had a blast working at wood ranch. The fast paced work environment highly instilled a “sense of urgency” in my work.

Fun and easy job

Working at wood ranch has been quite an easy job for me. I got hired when I was first attending Ventura College and they were and continue to be super accommodating with my availability which makes it perfect for me.

Pros

Easy work day

Cons

Work holidays

Warm and open atmosphere, friendly employees, supportive managers

I loved working at Wood Ranch because the environment of the restaurant is very cooperative. I learned to work with others during a fast-paced environment to provide excellent customer service. The management is constructive yet supportive. My favorite part of the job was making guests feel welcomed and providing them with a positive start to their dining experience.

Pros

Meeting all different types of people, working with an energetic and fun staff

Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill is a great place to work.

Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill is a great place to work . The culture is inviting and warm, the emphasis on impressing your "3 circles" - guests, team members, and managers - opens the dining (sales) floor up to healthy competition, and the "one team, one goal" philosophy that defines the company makes a great guest experience a near certainty - not to mention that the food is delicious! In 25 years, Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill has expanded from one small location in Moorpark, CA to 15 locations spanning southern California - and one in Springfield, VA. After working for this company for 6 years, I have insight as to why they are successful - and they are very successful. A typical day at work included a lot of smiling, laughing, engagement, and hard work. Serving tables is often not an easy job but with the support of a quality kitchen, effective managers, and amazing team members, it makes the demands much more tolerable. I loved my job at Wood Ranch so much that I rarely thought of moving on from it, even after excelling at university and earning a Baccalaureate degree. The hardest part of the job - and the most humbling part of any serving job - is being mostly reliant on the generosity of others to earn a living. Wood Ranch gives you the tools to thrive despite that glaring downside of this line of work. Wood Ranch BBQ and Grill will always hold a special place in my heart and anyone lucky enough to be employed by them should take their role as a member of that team seriously.

Pros

Great culture, great management, great food

Cons

No auto-gratuity for large parties

Productive and fun work place

typical day at work fast pace, fun place to work co-workers help each other

Pros

free lunch

Jobs at Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill