Wood Residential Services Employee Reviews

Good To Be WOod
Senior Leasing Specialist / Mentor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 7, 2018
Amazing culture and work environment. Wood truly seems to care about their employees. Pay is great for the industry. By far they are the best Property Management company I've worked for.
Pros
Pay, culture
Cons
limited advancement
Wonderful Place to Work
Property Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
In my 18 years in this industry, this is by far the best company I've worked with. The company and upper management believes in work life balance. Your opinion is requested and taken seriously in regards to your property or anything that has an impact on your job. Hard work is both appreciated and rewarded.
Pros
Fast Paced, Rewarding
Cons
Not a con to me, but lots of change can be challenging to some
Fantastic Company!
Regional Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2018
I've been with WRS for almost three months and I absolutely love it! Most companies say they offer a work/life balance, however, WRS actually allows for a healthy balance. I continue to learn something new everyday even though I've been in the business over 18 years. I love the collaborative culture with all departments, you never feel like you're on an island by yourself. They are not afraid of change or innovative ideas and welcome your input. I also enjoy working as a team with my superiors. I plan for WRS to be my home for many years to come.
Pros
Collaborative thinking amongst peers and superiors
Very family oriented company. Great product, amazing coworkers
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2017
This would have to be so far the best company that I’ve worked for in my 11 years of experience in the Property Management industry. I would recommend anyone for this Company.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Productive place to work.
Renovations Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 27, 2017
It is an awesome company to work for on any given day. There is always change and the higher ups always ask how those changes effects us. If someone didn't already have the job I want with this company who is very good, I would not be looking for anything else.
Love this place
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work! Maintenance team is awesome and laid back. Manager needs a little work but overall she makes it work. I will truly miss working there.
Love it
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 27, 2017
If you get the chance to work for wood take it. You will love this company. Management is awesome. They only own A+ properties. They treat their residents amazingly. The base pay is industry standard but they make up for it in a couple of ways. The first is the bonus structure. Its awesome. The second is the way you're treated by the company. The regional and upper management will always have your back.
Pros
great pay, Great company, Family type environment
Cons
Long days and losts of travel
Regional Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 17, 2017
Very good company to work for. Positive attitude and great work culture. WRS has great people and I enjoy them the most.

........................................
Great company if you are into politics or sorority games
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
WRS is a horrible company to work for. Upper management likes to bring in all of their friends while letting go the veterans who built the company from the ground up. Their is no structure, no policies or protocol and some supervisors love to have managers who are basically glorified assistant managers. If you are in the market for a company that has no morals, no integrity and no commitment for success this may be the ideal company for you.
Pros
New properties
Cons
Lots of head games, sells assets within the first year and discriminatory
The best company I have worked for!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 14, 2016
I was saved when I was hired by Wood Residential. I have learned so much since I started working there. The company took me in with open arms. Everyone pretty much came from Alliance so they knew how most employees were treated and didn't want the same. They encourage us to do better every day. We get recognized for working hard. My manager has been by mentor and pushes me out of my comfort zone to grow, so I can soon advance to the next role. I love the company and would recommend anyone to live in any of their properties because the management takes very good care of its residents. It is shown since the properties get leased up over 90% in less than a year.
Pros
amazing management service to residents
Cons
picking up beer cans after a Saturday night
The culture I had been searching for
Residential Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2016
Wood/ WRS is a great company to work for but it may not be for everyone. If you need 24/7 supervision and can't make decisions with out a policy and procedure manual and are used to being micro managed then this may not be for you. Each region is a bit unique which takes away that large company cookie cutter effect. Wood is a growing company that promotes ownership, and eadership and allows you to make decisions. Guidance is always available but be prepared for a forward thinking proactive conpany. You will enjoy a rewarding career, work life balance, and that sense of "Everyone works together" company culture. When companies get to big, there is little room for making changes, or having your opinion count in the grand scheme of things. If you truly want a challenging, yet rewarding career where your opinions and contributions are valued and implemented then Wood is the place for you. There are no perfect companies but this one is pretty amazing.
Pros
Company culture, forward thinking, great associates. Compensation
Cons
Not enough communities in Atlanta yet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 16, 2015
I love meeting new people and building a relationship with our residents. My position allows me to do this everyday. I love the property I work at and my Manager and Maintenance staff.
Pros
My co-workers I work with everyday are the BEST!
Amazing Experience
East Regional Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  OrlandoJune 25, 2014
Wood Residential is a nationally based organization however they make you feel like you are family.
Disorganized, Chaotic, Out-of-Touch, High Drama, Awful Company
Residential Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAFebruary 20, 2013
On your average day, expect chaos, catastrophes, disaster, customer complaints, corporate complaints, and disorganization by the time your lunch break rolls around. This start-up, based down South, is completely out of touch with the New England Real Estate market. Expect to advertise an overpriced rental property with your own money and Craig list ads...Expect not to have any resources to do your job and to work out of Starbucks or your car, for months. My boss quit midway through the project because he was fed up with how out-of-touch corporate was and tired of working 24-7, all day, everyday. Most importantly, after I was hired no one would give me a straight answer on exactly how much my pay would be with bonuses. Expect moody, over emotional supervisors and a constantly understaffed company. Overall, this was a nightmare of a job
Cons
every single detail