Wood

Wood Employee Reviews

United States1,063 reviews

Found 1,063 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,832 reviews

good company

I've worked at Edwards and Kelcey/Wiles Mensch Corporation for 7 yrs and I was very happy with this company. The overall team atmosphere was very supportive.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

small company

Work life balance, interesting projects, learnt a lot and good career development path. Project manager training program is great and sets you to the path of success

Wood insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Overall good company

Good people but often felt like a "warm body." They are better than other companies at treating employees like people not numbers.workforce reduction only after an entire year clocking only 300 billable hours.

Good place to work if you buy into the job culture

Wood is a very large company but the group I work in has been good. There is a lot of flexibility but also potential for long hours and overtime. Good job culture for people who are proactive and self-starters, not great for people who want lots of structure. Pay could be better but is in line with the field. Opportunities for growth exist, but there are limitations.

Working for wood

Only one good I can think of my paycheck always cashed. Lots of bad there a third party contractor so takes for ever to get approval to fix anything. Most your bosses have zero clue what your job is or how to do it. You can climb the ladder if you stay longer than the people above you or mess up big enough. We where told when they took over we made to much and would never get pay raises or bonuses. The superintendent told us the only raise we should look for is more gas not money.

Good Company

I was a P&O Contractor for a week. I loved everybody. No complaints whatsoever. I left voluntarily, because I was a tad underqualified for the job. I moved out of the way, so they could recruit someone who was a better fit. This could have been a dream job for me if I had the specific skill that they needed.

Great people

When you enjoy your job and have great people to work with there isn’t really anything to complain about. Yes, it’s hard work with long hours but worth it.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

No complaints

Good company for design professionals

Overall a good company. Sometimes the internal office politics could be frustrating. Good place for younger staff to learn design while working with senior staff.

Pros

Flexible work hours, good benefits, good manager support

Cons

Very large company with the typical political challenges

Work is good when management can win a contract

Upper management within Wood seems to zig-zag and does not have a clear direction. The company is full of individuals and not any teams or groups. There are no leaders with a vision that communicate the vision to everyone.

Fun work place productive and leaning a new skill

I was so disappointed when I got layoff when I was there from the start and the 3rd of mar was my last day it was some day work didn’t always play out for the good because of the weather but management try looking out for the employees so that they can make some money

Getting worse laying off lots of people

They use to be good they have laid off a lot of people they aren't winning enough work anymore so many people are being let go or have been let go. Moral is very low.

Good projects and opportunities

I miss Wood. I was laid off two years ago when the office closed due to insufficient work, and have worked at two different companies since. I liked the types of projects at Wood a lot more and even though I like my current colleagues, I felt a greater sense of community at Wood. The hardest part of the job was the travel, especially at night. The easiest part was the better task management. I was given a reasonable time frame to complete tasks. Many other firms give unreasonably short time frames.

Pros

Free lunches and supportive upper management

Cons

The benefits were not comparable to what I had had at smaller firms in the past.

Changed Management multiple times.

Keep to yourself. People will go after you if they feel you may try and take their job.Procedures and policies are rarely followed.Used to be a good work environment.

Pros

Pay is good.

Cons

Gossip

Best company that I've ever worked for.

Best coworkers, management, and upper leadership I've ever had at a job. It's not just a job, it's a family. I feel that management fully supports me. As salaried employees we are encouraged to NOT work overtime and to spend time with our family. Wood believes, and succeeds, in providing a LIFE/work balance.

Pros

Great leadership and corporate direction, I feel that leadership cares and believes in their message.

Cons

Somewhat costly benefits, but the pros outweigh this greatly.

The clients are what makes this job worth it

The admins are terrible and don’t do much to help in needed situations. They don’t follow their word and are kind of backstabbing to be honest. The clients and connections you build with them is what makes it all worth it. Don’t apply for this job if you don’t have genuine compassion for people in hard times.

Cons

I’ve never had a break working here

Horrible management, politics galore

Do yourself a favor and work anywhere else. Lack of support, lack of resources, they’ll squeeze you for everything you have and punish you for their own shortcomings

know.very confused workplace, Lack of trust

Overall vote of no confidence in upper management. Never comfortable always off balance. No support from upper management from corp. threating attitude from corp. Project was always changing in 15 months there were three different project management changes. Untrust worthy attitude towards corp management. Very confused project, lack of trust poor communications a company that did not honor their signed contract with . employees

Pros

Talented project work force

Cons

No support from corp

Woood A good job good atmosphere work with a lot of experience and responsibility

A good job good atmosphere work with a lot of experience and responsibility And punctuality I want to overcome my days

Excelente ambiente de trabajo muy profesional y ambiente internacional multicultural

Excelente empresa la mayor empresa de ingeniería del mundo hoy por hoy

Chaotic

There is no real direction or standards given for projects. It feels a little chaotic and no one has a clear idea of how projects should proceed. Benefits are not well defined and somewhat lacking. Compensation is low. The IT department is not run onsite it is run remotely in India. I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks for a reconfigured computer after it crashed. No new computers were being bought.

Pros

covered parking garage at each building and a cafeteria on site.

Cons

IT is not onsite it is in India. PTO and holidays all lumped together. Low compensation.

Interesting Projects and Great People

Throughout my years at Wood (and several predecessors) I have been given the opportunity to work on many interesting projects, advanced my career, and have been given the support needed for work/life balance with family changes and throughout Covid. There's always room to grow with Wood.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wood.
Powered byComparably

Compare Wood with

• Wood
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?