Woodard & Curran Employee Reviews

Helpful O&M Department
Full Time Temporary Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, Hingham, & Plymouth, MAAugust 30, 2018
I have found my time with Woodard and Curran (2014-Present) very enjoyable. I have learned so much about the Operation and Maintenance Department in terms of operating and maintaining wastewater treatment plants. They are located all over the sate of Massachusetts, as well as the United States. Their company has a whole lot more fields of expertise especially engineering. The employers are extremely friendly and are always willing to help you understand everything that is going on, as well as achieve further into your career.
great company
OPERATOR II (Current Employee) –  Inverness, FLJuly 27, 2018
I love this company, I wish they had another project near me I would take it in a second! If you have an opportunity to work for this company take it!
Not the worst place to work
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 14, 2018
Nice people, everyone I dealt with is very welcoming. I had the opportunity to work with some very knowledgeable people too. However, other reviews are correct in that you really need to make friends with a solid person in management to get the most out of the job. Adding to that, internal restructuring changed the role of the Professional Engineer in my office, so I wasn't able to work directly with Professional Engineers as much as I had hoped.
Pros
Warm people
Cons
constant restructuring
Capable, Quick growing company
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 31, 2018
After working with 4 engineering consulting companies over the past 15 years, I found W&C a company of people with great expertise and drive to excel. Days are busy and occasionally long but I get to routinely interact with great internal and external clients in various regions of the country and management rewards ability and production. Opportunities to try new tasks are made available when it makes sense.

There are some growing pains, but I have experienced similar at firms very much larger and very much smaller. My position also allows me to work with junior staff to provide opportunity to mentor, which is rewarding.
Pros
Oppurtunity to grow, advance and try new things. Kind, Talented staff. Interaction with internal and external clients
Cons
Agressive expectations with sometime limited resources, corporate growing pains, some long days
Day to Day
Assistant Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, WAFebruary 20, 2018
This company encourages employee growth and challenges there employees to succeed. I have learned a plethora of skills on my way to my current position. The work place culture is dependent on the area of the company that you work.
Not So Good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 17, 2018
Company can be very dysfunctional at times. Teamwork among groups and even within groups can be lacking. There are quite a few people within this organization who need to take a "Manners 101" course. Some of the managers can be very demanding for no apparent good reason.
Pros
Some friendly staff who are enjoyable to work with.
Cons
Some not so friendly staff who I could do without.
Terrible Company
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 10, 2018
The worst company I've worked for thus far. When I say upper management is incompetent, I'm being nice. How this company continues to attract new employees is beyond me.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Lack of career advancement.
Great Company
Plant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Big company but still has a small personal feel. Everyone is positive and up beet. The management is very understanding of what it take to run a plant and regularly ask for input from the employees.
There are Better Options
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 28, 2017
Based on my experience working at other firms, the pay is lower than industry average. While there may be one name over the door, Woodard & Curran is basically a conglomerate of 5 or 6 separate companies working under the same name. As a result, there is very little synergy between groups. This is not a company that is interested in keeping valuable employees, but ones that demonstrate submissive behavior and keep a low profile.
Pros
Benefits are affordable and provide good coverage.
Cons
Better training is needed for staff. Communication is poor between groups and across the firm.
Losing Good Employees
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 14, 2017
Company doesn't seem to care that good employees continue to leave the company. Upper management is disengaged from what's happening on a day to day basis in the company. Everything you hear about putting the employee first at this company is complete garbage. Company has very few technical experts. If you have a challenging problem to solve, good luck finding resources to help. Company can only grow through acquisitions.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits and time off
Cons
Weak management. Lack of communication. Poor resources.
Mixed Reviews
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 6, 2017
Typical day at work 8-5
Learn a lot about purchasing
Management was OK
The workplace was very diverse
Hardest part high expectation, almost unreasonable
Enjoyable part are the people and the vendors I worked with
Better Career Than Competitor Companies
Scientist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 2, 2017
I worked at a different firm prior to coming to Woodard & Curran, and the difference is night and day. This is a place where you're treated like a human being, and I don't worry about not being able to have a life outside of my job. The managers care about their employees, and the people here are willing to take the time to teach others rather than force you to sink or swim on your own.
Great Place to Challenge Yourself and Grow
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJAugust 2, 2017
With over 15 years in the industry (with multiple consulting firms), I have found Woodard & Curran to be a great place to challenge myself and grow both personally and professionally. In my opinion, the diverse workplace environment has provided me with an opportunity to foster long lasting relationships both inside and outside the company. These relationships have given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and expertise in environmental consulting over the years. My experience has been that Woodard & Curran has provided me the opportunity to develop a well balance work/personal life. Management has mentored me in a way that has helped guide me toward reaching both short term and long term goals. Would recommend Woodard & Curran to others!
Pros
Work Place Culture
Cons
Bonus Timing - Usually End of April
Buddy-Buddy Company
Operator Wastewater Treatment Facility (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 19, 2017
You can be the hardest worker out there but, if you don't have a buddy in management or, you don't suck up to management, you might as well forget it. Raises,bonuses,and everything else only depends on who your buddy is!
Benefits
Cons
Management. All the way to top!
Not A Unified Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 6, 2017
Many managers take a passive/aggressive approach to dealing with staff. There are some people here who are just not very genuine. Communication across the firm is horrendous. Very divided company. This place feels like it's 5 or 6 different companies working under the same name.
Pros
Flexibility to take time off for appointments, personal matters, etc.
Cons
Growing turnover rate.
Great place to work for
Intern and Project Scientist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMay 3, 2017
I did a quick stint here as intern to complete my environmental requirement for law school. The culture at Woodard and Curran is great. If you can envision a place that is quick paced but also relaxed, this is it. Very sharp personnel that are easy to work with. I highly recommend this for employment.
Not a top tier firm
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 29, 2017
This is a company that has a hard time competing with the elite firms in the industry. Company is focused on regional work. You will not get the opportunity to work on high profile projects in other parts of the country. And you will not get the opportunity to work on high profile local projects. This is a medium sized firm that delivers small company projects, but has big company problems.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Disengaged upper management
Too Much Change
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 22, 2017
Too much change which constantly makes doing your job harder. Poor sharing of resources across groups. Upper management continually asking more and giving less. You will be asked to do the same types of projects over and over again with little opportunity to work on projects outside your group.
Pros
There are some genuinely good people at this company.
Cons
Long hours due to staff not efficiently delivering on projects.
Did not help me
Receptionist / Admin. Asst. (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 8, 2017
after having ongoing issues with another coworker for 3 years, , I was told there'd be negative consequences if the situation was not resolved although i had requested assistance from both supervisors
Productive place to work with a great team!
Environmental Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 27, 2017
Truly enjoyed my experience with Woodard & Curran. Plenty of smart and dedicated people advancing themselves and their company. I would recommend this company to any body looking to promote environmental stewardship and advance their own careers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodard & Curran. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight