Woodforest National Bank Employee Reviews

No Job Culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 14, 2018
Each person will have their own experience at Woodforest. Learn what you can and stay or go to another work environment that fits your needs. The hardest part of the job is there was no written procedures.
Pros
Good training and work history.
Cons
No personal days. No written procedures.
Long hours, aching body & unreasonable sales expectations.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 10, 2018
You are not compensated fairly for all that is asked if you. Incredibly long hours with minimal break time. If there are only two employees working (which is normally the case since all branches are understaffed) you only receive a 20 minute break (on your 10 hour shift) are not allowed to leave the premises and are expected to continue to assist customers if needed. The sales goals in most areas are unobtainable. This is where the highest demand is.... on sales, not service. In my experience upper management tells you what you want to hear but do not follow through with their actions. Turnover rate is the highest I have ever seen. Under qualified candidates are hired in to quickly fill positions, they are typically not given realistic expectations. Most positions do the exact same things..... the only difference is pay scale and who goes on the chopping block first. Honestly, I would not recommend working for this company to anyone that I personally know.
Pros
Only slightly better than being unemployed.
Cons
Hours, work life balance, sales goals, management
Just was not what I was used to.
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2018
I thought I would enjoy it but it turned out being unfair and stressful. My particular branch is very judgmental, emotional, rude, unprofessional. I recommend it to someone who is just wanting to learn banking.
Pros
Work
Cons
Almost everything
No work/life balance
Retail Banker III (Former Employee) –  Harvard, ILAugust 6, 2018
Open 7 days a week. Yes they have insurance, however if you are in need of a family plan say goodbye to 1/3 of your pay check. They do not pay what you deserve and with the turnover rate most branches are always short staffed and expected to cover their own branch and others (some over an hour away).
Pros
Work with Northern Illinois Foodbank
Cons
Lack of balance and affordable healthcare for families
Fun place to work.
RETAIL BANKER II (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 6, 2018
Co workers are great
Customers are amazing
Pay not so good.
Many things goes without consequences.
Upper management don't care about your needs, family time.
Inconsistent work place
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 4, 2018
This is not a company to work for if you have any restrictions at home such as children of any age, or special needs children. Cannot be guaranteed a consistent schedule. Majority of the time, you are scheduled to work open to close shifts with no choice other wise. No option to work an additional part time job if you chose to do so.
Love my job
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
This has been by far the best job I’ve had, you hardly ever find a job we’re you actually want to get up and can wait to get to work, woodforest has done a lot of great things for me, you must stay sharp and focused, pay attention and take advantage of ever opportunity!
Cool place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Camby, INAugust 2, 2018
Long hours of operation, decent pay, you learn how to be a universal banker, good management, lots of marketing . The hardest part of the job is working every weekend... Yes they are open on Sundays .. They are open everyday ... except Christmas.. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with cool people who were not lazy.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
The pay could have been a little better
hours worked are not convenient
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCAugust 1, 2018
working all the long hours suck, and if your coworker doesnt feel like working you have to pick up his/her slack. and some days you dont get a lunch, they want you to starve and work 10 to 13 hours straight
Pros
its a job
Cons
horrible hours
who you know
Head Teller, Assistant Trainer, Business Head (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, MDAugust 1, 2018
This company is about who you know, not what you know or how you are to the customers. Everyone is expendable according to management regardless of all you do for them.
Woodforest has been amazing.
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHAugust 1, 2018
I’ve been here for a little over a year, came from being a hairstylist to banking and thought oh lord what am I getting myself into!? But my manager and coworkers are amazing and trained me very well! I loved the fact that I started in June and was able to get my insurance benefits the very next month!
Pros
Amazing manager, coworkers, and pay for sure!
Cons
Uniforms are not big girl friendly lol.
long time employee
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 31, 2018
Do not recommend. Terrible hjours, terrible upper management, low pay Working holidays with barely any extra compensation as well as nights and weekends. Never get pay increases
Not a bad job. Bonuses aren't what they used to be
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 31, 2018
It's retail banking. Not great, but not terrible. Used to pay really well with bonuses. When I left, a new VP had taken over and clipped most of the bonuses we were used to
Pros
co workers
Cons
seymour walmart is filthy
Horrible work environment
Banker I (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 30, 2018
Manager was a joke. Only cared about certain employees and let them get away with anything and everything. Schedule changes at the last minute and coworkers treated each other like garbage. Branch should be shut down
Cons
No lunch break, horrible boss
Great place to work depending on where you are placed to work
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJuly 27, 2018
Certain branches were great. The people were pleasant the job was rewarding. Other branches were drama and unpleasant and made employment with the company unbearable.
Fast paced, goal oriented
Retail Banker I (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJuly 27, 2018
overall work experience was great, the management was very poor and a struggle to work with fairly. customer interaction was great, and being able to establish relationships and network was another pro.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
short breaks
Nice to work
Java/J2EE Fullstack Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Since it was my beginners project I was bit nervous, but people over there helped me a lot to settle-in, very amazing place to work for.
Awesome technologies.
It was a fun place to work, until management changed.
RETAIL BANKER (Former Employee) –  London, OHJuly 25, 2018
I loved the hours, customers, position, and location and I enjoyed working there. I loved the challenge and competition as well however, the management didn't treat me the way I deserved to be treated.
Relaxed environment
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 25, 2018
I worked for Woodforest for a year and a half and had been looking for another position for the final 4 months of my employment there. The management team was wonderful but our location was notoriously understaffed which made for very long hours, often on days where no one was given a lunch break. Most of the time, our lunch breaks consisted of taking 15 minutes to scarf down food before heading back out to the very busy work area. By the time I would get home at night, I'b be too drained to do anything and have to get to bed before starting another shift in the morning. The schedules were always changing so there was no sense of consitency. We were also required to volunteer a certain number of hours so sometimes I would be exhausted from my work week and still have to go volunteer somewhere on my day off.
Pros
Cool management and co-workers
Cons
no breaks, understaffed, forced volunteer work, uncomfortable uniform
Very stressful
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 25, 2018
Very difficult to grow in the company poor management and very selfish no room for people that are willing to learn. Only friends or family will get a good position at this place.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodforest National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight