Woodforest National Bank Employee Reviews

Woodforest
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXJune 14, 2018
Great company to work for if you like extended hours. The company was new to the Dallas area when I started working for them. Great benefits and also offer 401k
Fast paced and enjoyable
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Mexia, TXJune 14, 2018
A typical day consist of checking all accounts as soon as they are opened to make minimal mistakes. My bank is a very past paced bank. We work with customers to make daily deposits, withdrawals, cash advance, send or receive western union, and we love assisting non customers from Walmart. We see is as a possible way to introduce customers to our bank. As a retail banker, I make sure customers are satisfied with their banking needs and we also open many accounts such as checking, savings, CD's, IRA's, business accounts, loans and many other products offered by our bank.
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALJune 12, 2018
Put on probation and will not rehire regardless of how well your job performance was and without reason or exit papers. Not a good way to be Either you are in the group are you are out.
Poor Management
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 9, 2018
TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE company to work for. Pay is horrible. No training at ALL. Woodforest only care about numbers. No breaks. You eat lunch in between assisting customers. Management is terrible. Don't expect anyone in upper management to assist with any branch issues.
Older employees are not treated well.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 8, 2018
Older employees are not treated very well. Training does not exist other than an annual power point presentation. Upper management does not seem to know or care how lower management treats staff and does not seem to care about turn-over.
Pros
4 week vacation if you can stay long enough.
Cons
Rude condescending low level "management".
No job security, poor managment, baby boomers united
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2018
Woodforest has a dedication to communities and relationship growth however it is lacking in its commitment to culture and engagement. Each branch is ran differently and has no standard for its managers to adhere by the companies policies. Poor performers are advanced to higher positions and dedicated employees are in constant fear of Job displacement due to the companies poor human resource' s collaborations with senior management that couldn't be further away from the work. This companies weeknesses are in part to forced outcomes due to error resolution, high sales goals, stringent accountability for entry level employees, poor attention to ethics and less than favorable working conditions. If your looking for engagement, growth, and exciting career in banking steer clear of this company. If your looking for 10 to 12 hour work days, unsupportive managment, biased ER partners, sharing restrooms with homeless, being picked apart by customers that are allowed to do explicit activity, working with out dated systems, and working weekends and all holidays... well this is the company for you. Do not give a notice of seperation... work until your last day and turn in your keys. Goodluck booting out the powers that be in this company. The CEO is awesome... everything else is leftovers from a poorly managed company that can't seem to part ways from what it should never have been and what it could be.
Pros
You get to work in the community
Cons
No breaks, 50+ hour weeks, always short staffed, you work inside walmart, zero job security
productive and fun work place
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 6, 2018
great work environment, great customer service, great supervisors and co workers. fun place to work. great benefits. it was great to learn new skills. wonderful customers to meet.
Pros
free lunchs sometimes, paid overtime, paid holidays
Cons
call in employees, stay over to cover others shift hours
Management sucks
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  LAJune 5, 2018
Management does not treat everyone fairly. Favoritism and seniority is practiced often with certain managers. Everyone should be disciplined equally or according to policy.
Pros
Met SOME great people
Cons
Long hours, overnight or early morning marketing.
work life at woodforest
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 5, 2018
Nothing to say I would have to honestly say that in spite of upper management I truly loved my job as teller at the branch. There was so much backstabbing and cut throat going on and the manager was a part of that however, she never tried to resolve the issue.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
If you want a banki g job done come here
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, VAJune 4, 2018
There's twice the responsibility for less pay here. The company only cares about the goals and couldn't care less about the people no business should have a location go 9 months without any form of management!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay and really high responsibility
Retail banking teller
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East York, PAMay 31, 2018
All about sales, how many new accounts etc . Held to corporation projection of those sales goals
Typical administration and corporate,all about the numbers, profits in the end . People and employees all are expendable
Productive and fun environment
Retail Banker III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2018
I really do love for this company. The pay is great. The only thing I’d say is the hours and you don’t really get weekend off unless you request a whole month in advance or earlier, but over all it’s a great company to work for!!!
Sales and Service Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2018
Through face-to face interactions with customers, I had the opportunity to provide top- notch customers service handling financial transactions accurately and efficiently. I spent my day having professional and friendly interactions with both customers and team members
Actually miss this job...
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Rantoul, ILMay 18, 2018
I loved my coworkers, the environment, and most of all my customers. Even though this is considered a large bank it had a small bank and personable feel. We greeted customer by name and knew most of them very well.
Great place for advancement
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 17, 2018
Nice atmosphere where the customers are friendly and the co-workers have a great personality. They offer great teamwork and support towards the other team members.
Good workplace with great team bonding
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 17, 2018
The workplace as a whole left me very busy throughout the day because I needed to be in charge of auditing vault, tellers, and atm, ordering cash, training new staff, conducting financial literacy classes, open and close branch, open/close accounts find solutions for customers using css skills and resolving daily branch issues. building customer base using my multi-lingual skills, making sure business runs smoothly and efficiently but the best part was creating unity within the branch making sure each employee, no mater what status their position held, was made to feel important and with that it bonded us so strongly that even though we are no longer working together we stayed in contact and once a month still get together That's a great feeling because that bond doesn't always happen in the work place. The only downside was it was a lot of hours being a seven day a week bank with extended hours and unfortunately we were always short staffed so It didn't leave much time for family life.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not easy to advance
long hours low pay
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 17, 2018
Working for woodforest was good because I was able to get experience and was able to used that experience to leave. The hours was long and that didn't like to give raises.
Pros
Great intro to banking
Cons
long hours short breaks low pay
There is a LARGE TURN OVER with this company
Debit Card Disputes Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 14, 2018
Woodforest is a GOOD OLD BOY company. Mangement is not the best in all department. The company has an extremely large turn over. Unhappy employees work with WOODFOREST BANK>
Great starter job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 11, 2018
typical bank teller position. Located in Wal-Mart so there's always heavy traffic. Tellers work long bank hours and most weekends. Great starter job but one can definitely do better at a bigger bank.
Pros
not too complicated
Cons
expected to meet unrealistic goals
Good intro to banking
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 8, 2018
We were not allowed to be scheduled off two days in a row. Whether you were a novice in banking (I was), I was expected to open a checking account my second day on the job! Passed over countless times due to poor management, and directly trained my supervisor! I did learn the basics of banking and why things are done the way they are. It's a very hands on job and most of the customers are blue collar people. You are cross trained to do every job so it's a great stepping stone.
Pros
Benefits start first day
Cons
No incentive pay for accounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodforest National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight