Woodforest National Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,040 reviews matching the search See all 1,043 reviews
Corporate is not in touch with their employees needs
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  California, MDDecember 13, 2018
Company does not care about their employees, there is only advancement if you are friends with higher ups. They do not grade promotions off of performance.
Helping people
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 12, 2018
Woodforest overall isn't a bad place to work, but management has unreal expectation what the branch can do as far as sales is concerned. Upper management is too far removed from being in front of the customer.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Work, life balance
Stressful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXDecember 10, 2018
The job itself is not that stressful but it stays busy. No chairs for the tellers so you pretty much stand in one place your whole shift. Pushing for new accounts everyday to hit a monthly goal is a little stressful. My experience with the management was not good. Our branch in particular had issues with management that never got resolved. Other branches may have better experiences.
Pros
Stays busy and makes time go by fast.
Cons
Open seven days a week.
Great for no experience only 1 year
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 7, 2018
Company expectations are too high and unrealistic. Great hours and great pay to get started in banking. Benefits are good too.must be organized, maticulas and comfortable with money.
Pros
Benefits, pay, hours
Cons
Unrealistic expectations in job performance
Great company to work for
RETAIL BANKER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2018
Many opportunities for advancement and to learn different aspects of banking, you are involved with the community. Learning to be in a team atmosphere is very important and being competitive to achieve your monthly goals
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
working all the time
Horrible
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 6, 2018
You work all day and night and still can’t make 40 hours. Manager was horrible, he always wanted Sunday’s off and sat at the computer all day. The pay was horrible, tons of sick time for nothing, you basically get a point for being sick even if you had sick time. You get wrote up for everything. Anything not to give you a raise, just horrible. Any “outing money” is spend on the manager and his family at red lobster. While he gets you wings from down the street.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Manager, hours, pay
Very sales driven
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 6, 2018
You are expected to hit sales goals that are sometimes are very hard to reach. The management more often then not would not be involved with daily sales and would never leave their desk to help when busy
I work really hard my title was Assistant Branch Manager but was acting Branch Manager for over 6mos
Acting Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
Managed branch personnel through training, mentoring and development; by monitoring, evaluating and coaching performance; and staffing, scheduling, prioritizing, and delegating work assignments
• Professionally and actively represented the Bank in the Community by teaching financial literacy and partnering with charitable organizations
• Created, monitored and reported progress on branch objectives, standards and goals; developed and implemented process and performance improvement solutions
• Served as a liaison between the branch and corporate departments
• Addressed and resolved complex customer service issues and employee disputes; performed and reviewed tasks requiring manager level approvals
• Performed other job-related duties or special projects as assigned
Good place to work if you have the right management
Retail Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 1, 2018
Woodforest is a good place to work if you have the right management. The lunch breaks should be longer. It would be nice to not have to wear the work uniform.
Pros
Good pay and 401K
Cons
Short Breaks
Woodforest doesn't care about it's employees or clients.
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 29, 2018
I decided to leave when, despite me and my branch team members consistently making goal, the regional decided to come in with the goal of making us feel like garbage. He told me with the more sales focused vision of the future the company was going for, people like me who are good with working with customers, running the branch and fixing issues werent needed. It was all about the sales. Speaking of which, the way this company handles sales is unethical. We are encouraged to constantly get people to apply for our loans (of which very few are ever approved, therefore hurting their credit even more) despite the clientelle we deal with (we offer Second Chance Checking so those who likely arent doing so good credit wise). This as well as us constantly harassing our customers for donations is why I wouldnt want to step in one of our branches as a customer and why I shut my account down the second I left. In addition to this there is the constant added stress of the company's very cheap technology. Something is always broken or some system is always down. Just the other day we recieved a validator that had a sticker showing it has been refurbished no less than 10 times already and pieces were missing from it. Today I had to let a customer know that I was sorry she couldnt pay her bill, but our debit cards just werent working at the moment and she couldnt get her account number because online banking was also down and we arent able to give it out over the phone. I probably wouldn't be venting here if the feedback page part of where we submit our 2 weeks notice wasnt broken. Finally,  more... the pay is a joke. As far as I know it's the lowest paying financial institution in my area and they have us do more than other companies do. Actually I forgot one more thing. The company does not care about its employees safety. During natural disasters, naturally other banks shut down, but nope we get to stay open as long as Walmart (where branches outside of Texas are located) is open in case someone wants to open a bank account during a hurricane or snow storm.  less
Pros
You can have fun sometimes...
Cons
Low Pay, Constant Technology Issues, Poor Management, Unethical Sales Practices
Learned a lot more than I thought
Banker (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILNovember 28, 2018
I worked here short term while in school. I had experience as a teller already and thought this would be similar. Luckily it was way more than that! I learned how to open accounts and manage loan applications. It was pretty exciting. The pay was just lower than I could live on.
Horrible training
RETAIL BANKER II (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 27, 2018
If your idea of training to learn all the federal guidelines you follow is a 5 hour video class, then do it!

Also, No one really wants to do their job and pass it off to the next person continuously.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 24, 2018
not bad for a entry level position, but the hours are long and inconsistent and the management is very bad. I'd gotten a promotion to a new branch and on my very first day, we had our annual audit and my branch manager was not there, and the regional manager did not come to assist, so I was in charge of the audit for a branch I had never been in before. I'd been through 4 different managers in the short time frame I was there.
Pros
good to get your foot in the door
Cons
long hours, bad management
Odd hours for a bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYNovember 24, 2018
Worked for the company for over two years. They had days they would stay open til 2 am in a small town, and that wasn’t useful especially when your a woman and work alone at that time. They do offer some banking products for people who have had issues with other banks, but as far as products go, I as a consumer wouldn’t like the fees on them.
Poor management
Retail Banker III (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCNovember 22, 2018
A typical day is to come in cleaning the floors to the counter tops because you are the janitors. What you will learn is how management can berat you daily. How management can bully the team members daily. You will learn Human Resources will not help when you file a complaint. Just ask the last five employees in a two year timeframe. Woodforest is about Getting new accounts opened and management taking full credit even though she did little to help. Management will say you have to stay late to get those accounts if you don’t have them by certain timeframe. Keep pushing Walmart employees to open accounts even though they bank somewhere else. Drama is what you have to listen to daily. If you hear the words I appreciate you watch your back. Management should not have her position if regional management or Human Resources would come and speak with team members and read the text messages she has the nerve to write them. Training is all for one no designated person .
Pros
Getting paid day early
Cons
Long hours, working weekends and holidays, not leaving for lunch.
Growth
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 21, 2018
You will not be looked at for advancement if you have not worked there for at least 3 to 5 years unless no other internal employees apply for the position, which is rare. If you are qualified for higher positions, do not waste your time. They have a rule in their handbook that specifically states you will not get promoted to a retail banker II or III without being employed for at least 3 to 5 years. The managers are all best friends so it is not what you know and how you perform it comes down to who you know in order to be looked at for supervisor roles. If you work at an in store location, you will not get lunches even working a 10 hour shift. Most managers do not give breaks either.
Low pay compared to other financial institutions and their bonuses are not only low but unfair. Not worth the stress the management gives you to hit your goals.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Every thing else
No Work life balance for Managment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2018
Great place to work, however being a manager at Woodforest you can find it hard to balance work and life with no additional management and not enough staff. You are always on call no personal time. Woodforest is a great place to work besides that.
Good company to work for with good benefits and career advancement.
Pros
Good benefits, career advancement.
Cons
Work life balance
Fun workplace
Retail Banker III (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHNovember 18, 2018
Wasn't a bad place to work. The work hours sucked, and they were sometimes under staffed. You did get a paid 20 min lunch. They also did not accept doctors excuses.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Hours
Woodforest National Bank
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 13, 2018
Working at Woodforest was great. I enjoyed the people, the atmosphere, the job, the location. It was all a big bonus. I loved working there and would do it again
N/a
Retail Sales/ Teller (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 13, 2018
There was a set schedule on the different job duties that had to be done and at certain times or when you were able to accomplish them in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodforest National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight