Woodforest National Bank Employee Reviews

work day
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 18, 2018
Open and close bank account, process deposits and withdrawals; Compete against other bank tellers to reach your monthly goal, various fund raisers to support different causes.
Awful place of employment
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHOctober 16, 2018
I was harassed starting the moment the new manager came in, I loved my customers and what I did but absolutely hated my manager. I found a new and better job and was fired after putting in my two weeks. Just before my daughters 1st birthday.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, awful management, no advancement, low pay, not flexible, don’t help in personal situations
Very good work environment and reasonable expectations
Retail Business Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2018
Overall, my experience working at Woodforest was nothing short of positive. It was not my all-time favorite job, but the pay was very fair, the benefits were more than fair and it helped me to support myself and my S.O. while making the transition from college to a more permanent career. Coming to work was something I usually looked forward to quite a bit and the expectations were more than reasonable. No one at my location micro-managed me and I was treated with a large amount of respect by my co-workers, manager and upper management. I shared a lot of laughs with my co-workers despite the large age difference between us and I never felt different or singled out for being younger and the only male. The location was comfortable and I always felt safe. The customers were treated well and interacting with them was always positive thanks to the example set by the branch manager and the regional manager. I ultimately had to leave due to health reasons before making a major move and relocating to another part of the country but I have no ill feelings towards the company or anyone that I worked for or with during that time. I even was able to come and visit my co-workers several times after resigning and was always happy to see that they truly cared about me and were always excited to see me and ask how I was doing. It's rare to find a job where your co-workers and manager genuinely care about you and treat you with respect especially when you're in your very early 20's when so many people find it easy to overlook your needs and value. It also didn't hurt that the location was embedded  more... in a WalMart which was surprisingly very new, clean and high caliber and there was a Dunkin Donuts directly next door to us. The easy access to free donuts definitely didn't hurt morale lol.  less
Pros
Great relationships with co-workers, Fair pay, Treated with respect by management, positive work environment at all times
Cons
Little room for significant advancement, short lunch break (not that big of a deal)
unhappy
Retail banker (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 15, 2018
the pay is decent. The hours are poor. There is a high turn over rate. Not to many people want to work 7 days a week. Not all managers help their employees but they sure take the credit.
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PAOctober 11, 2018
My manager was amazing and I had a great team. Colleagues were promoted quickly and we all worked extremely well together. Even got to join chamber of commerce events and young professional organizations while part of the company.
Pros
Bonuses and employee perks for paid lunches and paycheck bonuses
Cons
Sometimes you get new employees that dont want to work.
Awful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSOctober 11, 2018
When I first started at Woodforest, the management was great and the job security was phenomenal. As I advanced in my career with Woodforest, I began to learn that there was no consistency in management by having 7 regional managers in 6 years. I also learned that the company will take sides in any type of conflict and not research the full situation. The company has gone down hill very fast and will continue to keep unrealistic goals growing.
Disheartening
Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 11, 2018
Claims to care about their employees yet never did anything to take care of the problems that occurred within their workplace. Upper management didn't like you if you had questions, they only wanted you to follow them even if it wasn't right.
Great entry level company to gain experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2018
salaries should be increased due to work environment. More in depth training on systems to ensure compliance with audits and new account procedures. More lending training for non management associates
Great place to work, learn and grow.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work. If you are willing to put in the work, you can be promoted pretty quickly. Have to be a people person and comfortable with sales and marketing. A lot of long hours and responsibilities if you are part of management. You get rewarded with incentives and bonuses if you meet monthly and quarterly objectives. You also get to do a lot of traveling as management which is something I really enjoy.
Never a dull moment
TRAINING BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 3, 2018
Woodforest is a Retail bank located inside Walmart Supercenters throughout 17 states. Founded to target an underserved population with prior banking defaults, Woodforest is in transition to be more competitive with more traditional banks, focusing on innovation and small business. Open 7 days a week with evening hours makes Woodforest a stand out in the industry.
great place to work unless you are a single mother
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 1, 2018
Its a great place to work. manager helps you advance. great bonuses. Learned a lot. great community bank. involved in charitable works. benefits are great. training is fast past. learn on the job must be a fast learner
productive and rewarding work enviroment
Assistant Manager, Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHOctober 1, 2018
lots to learn, the people are great, a long day of work feels rewarding.
room for advancement and they really help you here. everyone is friendly and helpful.
Pros
benefits, travel, overtime, experience
Cons
So much confusion. No room for growth.
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 27, 2018
The typical day at work consists of helping customers and performing branch maintenance. Management is not knowledgeable about bank policies and often misinform the bank tellers. There is a lack of accountability from the staff and there is little to no opportunity for growth.
Great company to work for.
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 26, 2018
The company overall is a good place to work. I really enjoy working for Woodforest, but I moved to an area of texas where there is no Woodforest. I would love to continue to work for this company.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Pay increase
Fun place to work!
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I loved my manager and my co workers. Everyone is always willing to help each other. If you needed time off they helped. It’s a great place to work. I loved seeing all my customers come in everyday it felt like family. I miss them. I miss working at Woodforest. I had to leave for personal reasons and would love to go back.
Pros
Free lunch Friday was great
Cons
Great Health insurance, vacation
A great job to get experiencing in banking
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 22, 2018
Good place to work and get experience in banking and seeing is this is for you if you have customer service experience this is good. You learn alot about banking and get the sales experience and I love the customers.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Weekends
Long hours and short staffed
Retail Banker I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio , TxSeptember 22, 2018
Depending on the location you’re at it varys just like any employer. The long hours didn’t bother me with overtime pay and compensation was okay being flexible is a must as standard hours vary. Annual pay raises based off performance. Overall a good job especially for college students .
Pros
Sometimes free lunch, bonuses based off performance
Cons
Short staffed, limited manger positions
Workplace Culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 21, 2018
Hiring the right leadership is crucial to any organization. The leadership for current market is toxic. Great employees and managers leave because of the lack of support from HR.
Pros
Healthcare & Slightly better than not being employed
Cons
Toxic, No job security
OK I guess
Retail Banker II (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 20, 2018
The day to day duties are not too bad; just the standard retail banker jobs of teller and personal banker. However, when not helping a customer it is expected of all employees to stand in front of the branch (located inside of Walmarts) and pass out flyerss on the bank. The whole company is extremely focused on its monthly goals and not so much what it costs the customers or employees, Long hours (often 11 hour days with only one 30 min lunch) and long working stretches burns you out fast. Make sure you do your research about the branch you apply to.
Pros
Overtime is plentiful, if you get bonus it's nice
Cons
No work/life balance, management is hit or miss, the whole company is very pushy on goals
Poor management,
Retail Banker II (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Manager did not like conflict, was on the phone on personal calls all day, LAZY. Would allow staff to only wear uniforms when district manager was due to visit. Would engage with inappropriate talk with staff.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodforest National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight