Woodlands Medical Specialists

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Environment is very quiet and friendly

I like working at the woodlands, because all my co-workers are very helpful and everyone gets along. There are so many different programs we have. For perfect attendance you receive $50 dollars and a pizza party. Once a month they choice 10 employees to do something special with.

Knowing you're helping patients...

Everyone feels the same where I am & we all love helping patients feel satisfied. Life is hard so we don't want to make getting things done there difficult for patients. We have an awesome team & an amazing supervisor, the supervisor works harder then we do most days! Our goal is to help patients and satisfy the doctors so records are transferred on time and efficiently.....we try. Team members never say no they work so hard, some have been there for 13-14yrs and she sets an amazing high standards and is a great role model. Its a great experience to work in.

Pros

Its great team work there.

Cons

$$$$ Wish it could be better😕 but its ok

Hours you work

I can only speak for the laboratory the management is very poor an certain workers are shown favoritism. I was never offered a raise an was working a whole tear in a half, I continued ti ask for a raise an still didn get one. To my knowledge other phlebotomists were hired making more than me😡I wouldn recommend noone to work at this place….!

Pros

Hours

Cons

Very busy. But, the staff are great about all pitching in and helping.

I liked working at Woodlands. The doctors and staff all had great work ethics and we're respectful of everyone. I was proud to say that I worked there.

Not what you think

They do not care about the well being or safety of their employees. That says enough. During this covid crisis the management has shown their true colors

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Woodlands is a great company, just need to make some changes

They need to change the Management in the billing department, the staff is put against each other, the management tells things they shouldn't to the employees that want to be so called special so they can work hard at not working. If you're out you're out, the over all environment is really bad, the employees walk around like robots. Really the billing manager needs to be put down to a billers position because she believes she knows everything, she has horrible "people" skills and does not know anything about managing staff. I always say "run Forest run"! What's really sad is this company has a lot going for it, but Leadership and HR allow this manager to treat the employees with no respect and they wonder why so many want to leave. Only worked here six months and it was the worst six months ever in my career.

Enjoyable work environment

Laid back work atmosphere and many learning opportunities. There are pros and cons when working for smaller companies. Pros: close work community, able to make large-scale changes quickly, opinions are taken seriously. Cons: more expensive benefits, pay is not always fair, less opportunity for advancement. Overall, I enjoyed working here, but decided to leave for increased pay and more opportunities for advancement.

Quantity sometimes outweighs quality

I use to love working there my first 3 years & management is poor with the exception of one. Hard working employees are treated unfair, overworked and under paid. Others can get away with not doing their jobs and the work is put on the hard working employees. A lot is sweep under the work and human resources will not do anything.

Stressful

This place has wonderful providers and is a beautiful building however the management in billing and Urology sucks and is the reason for the high turn over rate. The manager is a bully and is rude and shows favoritism. You are overworked, but compensated well which is what kept me there for several years until I just felt like the pay was not worth the daily anxiety.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Management is a bully

Stressful and unhappy workplace, so-so benefits.

My job: too much work thrown at you to start with, it seemed like I was just given everyone else's work they didn't want to learn or do and deadlines were sudden and unrealistic. You are given the minimum amount of info to do the work and this place does NOT push for training or skills advancement. My job also had no clear structure around it and seemed to be an afterthought they hired sloppily for with too many people contributing to what they thought my workload should be. Management nitpicks over petty stuff and is very unprofessional: they demand instant meetings rather than schedule them in advance and do not show much professional courtesy to anyone beyond their little circle of Bible-thumping conservatives. I witnessed more than a few temper tantrums from two female managers who continue to run people off but they keep one of them around for political purposes since some of the doctors favor her. It is doubtful they are aware of her bizarre antics and most of the doctors seem to be out of touch with how miserable staff are or why that is. Staff: lots of gossip and tattling and for some reason the medical staff are pitted against clerical and office workers. Many of the other managers engage in random gossip and will lie right to your face or start targeting you if they think you have picked the wrong "team" in the latest conflict among them. Lots of favoritism goes on. Communications are not very good. You get paid holidays, standard with a Good Friday thrown in there and too bad if you are not a Christian. No sick days, just 6 hours or so every -

Pros

Life and vision insurance are competitive, teledoc free and available, employee expense account for imaging or other health care

Cons

Health Insurance surprisingly high, pay not that great, micro-managed, office workers treated like practice employees

Jobs at Woodlands Medical Specialists

See more jobs

Woodlands

Leaving the hospital to work at Woodlands was one of the best decisions I have made! Not only are the facilities beautiful, but most of the people who work here are caring and hardworking. There is alot of team work between employees here. I like the fast pace, but I like to stay busy. Can't beat the hours and having weekends and holidays off! The doctors care about their patients, which is a welcome change!

Pros

Weekends and Holidays off, Discounts, free lunch once a week

Cons

No cafeteria, restaurant, or deli on site

Great Company if you don't mind actually working!

Woodlands seems to be exactly what they say they are: * they place high value on taking great care of patients * they take their work seriously and they expect you to do the same * if you don't want to work hard, this might not be the best place for you. * they hold staff accountable for how they perform. If you slack off, it WILL eventually catch up to you. But rest assured, when most of the doctors in town send their families to one place, they must be good at what they do! I was an employee and I had a family member that became very sick. The care he received was incredible. Staff really cares and they do a good job. From what I have seen, it appears that if you don't do a great job, you won't last at Woodlands. More companies should be that way. People are so quick to get disgruntled and complain when they are held accountable for poor attendance and performance. Woodlands has a high standards for employees and they let you know that up front. If you take pride in your work and want to help patients that REALLY need your help, this is an awesome place.

Pros

Insist on great work

Cons

If you're lazy, you won't last long....at all

Poor Management

This is by far, worst company to work for. Urology management, micro managed!! Walks around daily with a frown on their faces and have the worst attitude EVER! Why would you come to work with a bad attitude and expect your employees have a POSITIVE ATTITUDE! There is no room for growth, unless you kiss the management tails. You get treated differently unless you are one of the favorites! Entire management staff needs to be REPLACED!!!

Pros

Free Lunch

Least rewarding experience ever

Working at the Woodlands has the potential to be a rewarding career. However, the current management does not allow for a positive experience in any way. Different rules for different people. If you aren't one of the chosen few, you will get the worst assignments and so overloaded that you are set up to fail. The pay is decent I guess. As long as you don't have a family to support. There is a lot of expected growth, and as a healthcare provider the facility and physicians are excellent. There is the possibility that we will be outsourcing our financials and billing in the next couple years, so the long term employment is strictly in the direct care positions.

Pros

Occasional free lunches, central proximity, other than management, staff is friendly.

Cons

Brown uniforms, not enough staff restrooms, low pay, Human Resources is through an agency, managers need people skills.

Wonderful leadership!

The leadership is wonderful and encourages personal growth. The facility is gorgeous and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. Pay is good, benefits are nice, but nothing can top the culture!

Pros

Free Lunches, 401K, Beautiful Facility, Wonderful Management

Productive and Fun place to work

Provides excellent care to the patient on all levels. Patients essentially have a one stop shop. They can get their scans done, labs and procedures here, then follow up with the physician for their results.

stressful

good pay & benefits. Management was awful. Alot of turnover with employees. Never knew if you would have a job the next day. Wouldn't recommend this workplace to anyone.

Great benefits for employees at this job

It was a very friendly place to work. It was fast pace but not overwhelmingly so. good people and nice work environment, good place to work good benefits they take care of their employees. The employees get free lunches sometimes too

Uptight, stressful place of employment

I have worked for the Woodlands for 3 years, prior to that I worked with the company they bought out (GCPC) for 1 year. I did everything asked of me with a smile whether it was from changing systems 5 times or merging with multiple different companies which means multiple new policies. I then had a baby and was only able to get a babysitter till 4:30 pm and was told after 1 month of being back to work that they were changing my schedule from 7-4 to 8-5 and they basically didn’t care that I wouldn’t have anyone to watch my 3 month old baby.

Woodlands

Management sucks. Lazy workers get promotions. Hard workers get pushed over. Benefits suck, No annual sick leave. Company believes that they should come first before your family and children.

Pros

Free lunches & weekends off

Cons

Managment & benefits

Great work environment and employees

multispeciality practice w/ ancillary services. good work environment. Approachable and kind employees. Typical day consist of seeing ~eighteen patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodlands Medical Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Woodlands Medical Specialists with