Woodlands Medical Specialists

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Environment is very quiet and friendly

I like working at the woodlands, because all my co-workers are very helpful and everyone gets along. There are so many different programs we have. For perfect attendance you receive $50 dollars and a pizza party. Once a month they choice 10 employees to do something special with.

Hours you work

I can only speak for the laboratory the management is very poor an certain workers are shown favoritism. I was never offered a raise an was working a whole tear in a half, I continued ti ask for a raise an still didn get one. To my knowledge other phlebotomists were hired making more than me😡I wouldn recommend noone to work at this place….!

Pros

Hours

Enjoyable work environment

Laid back work atmosphere and many learning opportunities. There are pros and cons when working for smaller companies. Pros: close work community, able to make large-scale changes quickly, opinions are taken seriously. Cons: more expensive benefits, pay is not always fair, less opportunity for advancement. Overall, I enjoyed working here, but decided to leave for increased pay and more opportunities for advancement.

Stressful and unhappy workplace, so-so benefits.

My job: too much work thrown at you to start with, it seemed like I was just given everyone else's work they didn't want to learn or do and deadlines were sudden and unrealistic. You are given the minimum amount of info to do the work and this place does NOT push for training or skills advancement. My job also had no clear structure around it and seemed to be an afterthought they hired sloppily for with too many people contributing to what they thought my workload should be. Management nitpicks over petty stuff and is very unprofessional: they demand instant meetings rather than schedule them in advance and do not show much professional courtesy to anyone beyond their little circle of Bible-thumping conservatives. I witnessed more than a few temper tantrums from two female managers who continue to run people off but they keep one of them around for political purposes since some of the doctors favor her. It is doubtful they are aware of her bizarre antics and most of the doctors seem to be out of touch with how miserable staff are or why that is. Staff: lots of gossip and tattling and for some reason the medical staff are pitted against clerical and office workers. Many of the other managers engage in random gossip and will lie right to your face or start targeting you if they think you have picked the wrong "team" in the latest conflict among them. Lots of favoritism goes on. Communications are not very good. You get paid holidays, standard with a Good Friday thrown in there and too bad if you are not a Christian. No sick days, just 6 hours or so every -

Pros

Life and vision insurance are competitive, teledoc free and available, employee expense account for imaging or other health care

Cons

Health Insurance surprisingly high, pay not that great, micro-managed, office workers treated like practice employees

Wonderful leadership!

The leadership is wonderful and encourages personal growth. The facility is gorgeous and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. Pay is good, benefits are nice, but nothing can top the culture!

Pros

Free Lunches, 401K, Beautiful Facility, Wonderful Management

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

stressful

good pay & benefits. Management was awful. Alot of turnover with employees. Never knew if you would have a job the next day. Wouldn't recommend this workplace to anyone.

Great benefits for employees at this job

It was a very friendly place to work. It was fast pace but not overwhelmingly so. good people and nice work environment, good place to work good benefits they take care of their employees. The employees get free lunches sometimes too

Woodlands

Management sucks. Lazy workers get promotions. Hard workers get pushed over. Benefits suck, No annual sick leave. Company believes that they should come first before your family and children.

Pros

Free lunches & weekends off

Cons

Managment & benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodlands Medical Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Woodlands Medical Specialists with

Woodlands Medical Specialists Reviews by Location

• Woodlands Medical Specialists
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?