Woodman's Food Market Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Timed but monotonous work.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 21, 2018
The work I did at woodman's was stocking. They time you to make sure you get your stuff done at a good pace, and if you dont cut it you are out. This leads to everyone working their share of the work and no one covering others lack of work. The work is enjoyable and after awhile you just kind of flow into the monotony. Could be boring to some, but i enjoyed it.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
Monotonous.
friendly environment
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 4, 2018
A typical day at work would be greeting the customers and making sure they leave the store satisfied. I learned to meet new people and to simply enjoy life as is. The employees and the managers were all extremely friendly and very well understanding. The most difficult time on the job would be when we were super busy and customer began to get frustrated. I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing new faces everyday, everyone was so kind.
Productive and fun work place with great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJune 1, 2018
Very easy and laid back job. Learned how to communicate with customers and coworkers. Management was excellent and very cooperative and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
An okay place to work, if you didn't have a family
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 19, 2018
Above average pay and amazing benefits. no fault point system, not able to request time off, had to cover your own shifts if a day off was needed. Management not willing to help cover hours.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
point system, not able to request time off
A busy and fast shift
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 16, 2018
Depending on the day, usually, business days are quite brisk as people constantly come and go. Though busy, it is not overwhelming. The supervisors are understanding and patient.
Pros
15 min paid breaks every hour
Fast-paced, poor management
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 14, 2018
I worked as a bagger. The work was fast-paced and they would always switch me to different jobs. It wasn't consistent. The hardest part of the job was their lack of understanding for prior commitments in your schedules.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILMay 1, 2018
You have to work really fast but it makes the time go by faster. It is a really good job over all the pay is great and the environment is very friendly.
cut-throat work place with little to no advancements
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 2, 2018
the employees are cool, but very clichey. management isn't great. very fast pace, but pay is good. must be able to kiss your young, athletic body and manicured fingers goodbye because there is a lot of physical work with NO training on how to lift/pull/stand without killing your back, legs and hips and feet. stock up on lotion.
Wouldn't recommend
Liquor Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMarch 30, 2018
The pay is good, but the environment is horrible. I would not recommend this job to anyone. You are not able to ask off for days, you are required to work every other weekend unless you get it covered. Besides the pay and benefits, it is a horrible place to work. I worked there for a lengthy period of time and got treated very poorly. Some management is good, but others are downright horrible. They pick favorites. For some reason, they are not able to separate their personal life from their work life.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The horrible hours and favoritism
Enjoyable workplace
3rd shift Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at Woodmans it was a great job for the time that I had it. I had stopped liking the hours and wanted a change from third shift. Overall I would say it is a good place to work.
fast paced place to work, good pay
Grocery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 14, 2018
The best thing about working here is the pay. Other than that coming into work everyday was stressful. Unless you really like groceries I would choose somewhere else.
A good place to start off for a first time job.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time there and it was my first job. The start pay is fairly decent but you can get to new positions in the job very quickly that pays more. Only reason I got terminated was because i caught the flu and they didn't take a doctors note which led me to go over on my points and get terminated.
Pros
Good pay, Fast advancements, Good managment
Cons
Very strict policies, Point system
Ok
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Ok place for a first job in high school. Good pay for work with 2 weeks of paid vacation. Friendly co-workers and nice management. Would recommend to High School student.
bad manager
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 1, 2018
on a typical day i bagged customers food, checked the prices of items if required, had to be able to lift 35 pounds, i had to be fast and efficient when putting food in customers cars
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WIJanuary 30, 2018
fast paced but good pay and decent benefits. Timed for cashiering so that creates stress, high turnover. Most of the people there are great to work with.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
short notice for schedules
It's alright
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 29, 2018
Woodman's is the job you work if you like to deal with the public. I for one, do not like to deal with the public. This is my honest review and opinion.
Great benefits, great people and great pay. Equality is key at Woodmans.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 18, 2018
I love my job at Woodmans. Managers treat everyone fairly, everything is corporate. The money is great. There are so many different departments that are so different so there’s never a day that is the same. They like to switch up your job, where you’re located. All advancements are fair and determined by attendance points and seniority.
Pros
Long breaks three times a day. Always getting out right at scheduled time.
Cons
Very strict.
Great place for a first job
Meat clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 6, 2018
This job is all about customer service. while it can be tough at times the work environment is quite nice. I started off bagging and moving carts like most people do when starting this job.
Militaristic culture where management leaves you behind
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 30, 2017
Supervisors and workers are both poorly treated by management. All stores are micromanaged from Janesville headquarters. All scheduling is done from Janesville. Employees have no say in running of company. Was set up as "employee owned" as a tax scheme for the founding family.
Fast paced/Family like atmosphere.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 29, 2017
Woodman's is a very busy grocery store that offers a large selection of items for great prices. The employees are hard working and dedicated to making the store a place that makes you want to come back again.

Management is always willing to assist during busy hours and help employees better themselves at whatever position they're currently working.

This isn't your typical grocery store however, you need to always be on your toes. You get very little opportunity to relax because the flow of customers is constant so if you don't have a good work ethic this is not the place for you.