Woodman's Food Market Employee Reviews

It’s a great job
Bagger checker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 29, 2018
It’s a great job you would love working there they pay times in a half on sundays & 13.75 got checker 11.05 for bagger you have 15 min paid break you can wear jeans
Good work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 23, 2018
Woodman's Food Market overall was a good place for me to work. The managers were fair and co-workers were good to work with. I would recommend working here.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
Hard work
Fast-paced and strict management
3rd Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 22, 2018
I worked at the 61115 Location and went onto my Trial as a 3rd shift Stocker - I only lasted a month of scheduled 2 weekends a month

What is not acceptable to me is that during this Trial period the Supervisors/managers barely even inform you of anything. You just get hired and are thrown into all of it and have to rely on your employee's to teach you, show you stuff. I was sent off because I did not meet the Speed requirement for Stocking. And the Issue I have with this is if Management was good, They would inform their Employee's on how they are doing, if they need to speed up, etc especially during your first 4 days of Trial.. There was like no communication with them of them attempting to help "teach" you stuff.

So what is my opinion. It's very fast paced and they pay very good if you can succeed at this job. Also as I said my other opinion is that they need to improve the Management at the Store I was at. Very much lack of communication especially to new Employee's which was myself
Pros
1 30min lunch, 2 15min breaks, Great pay, Friendly Employee's, Friendly environment
Cons
Strict rules on the time-clock for Lunch/Breaks, Bad management for new workers, Gossip through the store with certain people
Fast pace, some heavy lifting, be efits can't be beat
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 22, 2018
Greàt benefits, can't beat . Full medical great dental and vision, retirement package is fenominal. Upper management staff plays favorites but lowe4 levels are more balanced and tend to care more about staff.
Pros
Awesome benefits package, overly caring lower level manager team. Highest py scale in field.
Cons
Slow pay increases, upper management tends to play favorites always shor5 staff
Pretty work-focused, not much time to socialize outside of breaks and meals.
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2018
Work is often busy especially on weekends with little to no time for de-stressing in between breaks. I learned more customer service skills as well as how to deal with stress at work. Management is pretty good, almost all front end managers are friendly and approachable for help. Many employees are friends or know each other outside of work, very work focused for the most part. Worst part is easily how difficult it is to get days off, especially part-timers, workers must have someone else cover their shift or they will receive a strike even if sick or out-of-town. Best part of job is the pay, minimum is about $10 per hour, this is pretty good but no in-store discounts or benefits.
Cons
Inconsistent hours and breaks.
Ok
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 16, 2018
The only problem was time it was very fast paced. They had a policy about how fast you have to move. I just didn't understand the time constraints. I would say it is a very active job.
Pros
Friendly, people usually are pleasant
Cons
Competitive, fast paced
If your life is your job, this is perfect.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Altoona, WIJuly 11, 2018
Typically I average 4-5 days off per month. There is such a shortage of employees, the people that are there are scheduled at maximum
capacity. Store manager is not responsive to employees. VERY DISINGENUOUS! Store morale and culture changed completely with new store manager-can not retain or attract employees.
Pros
excellent benefits, good pay, owner is a great person.
Cons
Very poor store manager
Quick pased work place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJuly 3, 2018
Good place. Good pay. Good advancements. Usually good managaement. Some managers obviously more enjoyable than others. Young Frontend management team.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks.
Cons
Hard to get off
Good place to work with relaxing environment
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJune 29, 2018
I liked this job and the people I worked with. Easy to get along and fun to be around. Managers/supervisors are tough but they want a clean and efficient store for their employees and customers.
Pros
Good coworkers and hour lunch
Cons
Fast paced days and hard supervisors
Timed but monotonous work.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 21, 2018
The work I did at woodman's was stocking. They time you to make sure you get your stuff done at a good pace, and if you dont cut it you are out. This leads to everyone working their share of the work and no one covering others lack of work. The work is enjoyable and after awhile you just kind of flow into the monotony. Could be boring to some, but i enjoyed it.
Pros
Fast paced.
Cons
Monotonous.
friendly environment
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 4, 2018
A typical day at work would be greeting the customers and making sure they leave the store satisfied. I learned to meet new people and to simply enjoy life as is. The employees and the managers were all extremely friendly and very well understanding. The most difficult time on the job would be when we were super busy and customer began to get frustrated. I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing new faces everyday, everyone was so kind.
Alright work place
3rd Shift Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 3, 2018
Okay work place. Tough to balance work and life based on scheduling. Good pay for the jobs. Good opportunity for movement/advancement. Not always a healthy work atmosphere.
Productive and fun work place with great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJune 1, 2018
Very easy and laid back job. Learned how to communicate with customers and coworkers. Management was excellent and very cooperative and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Hard Work
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMay 24, 2018
It was not for me but for someone who is willing to put in hard work day in and day out this job will worth your time thanks to the great benefits and the people there then this job is for you.
Pros
paid well, and good benafits
Cons
strict, and non-consistent hours unless 3rd shift
An okay place to work, if you didn't have a family
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 19, 2018
Above average pay and amazing benefits. no fault point system, not able to request time off, had to cover your own shifts if a day off was needed. Management not willing to help cover hours.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
point system, not able to request time off
A busy and fast shift
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 16, 2018
Depending on the day, usually, business days are quite brisk as people constantly come and go. Though busy, it is not overwhelming. The supervisors are understanding and patient.
Pros
15 min paid breaks every hour
Fast-paced, poor management
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 14, 2018
I worked as a bagger. The work was fast-paced and they would always switch me to different jobs. It wasn't consistent. The hardest part of the job was their lack of understanding for prior commitments in your schedules.
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILMay 1, 2018
You have to work really fast but it makes the time go by faster. It is a really good job over all the pay is great and the environment is very friendly.
Productive team environment
Cashier/Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 25, 2018
This job is a good work environment. They are strict on time limits. There are few breaks and you cannot leave the premesis. There is, however, an hour for lunch
Great benefits, no work life balance
Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILApril 19, 2018
Good benefits but does not have work life balance. High expectations for everyone, health insurance is good, retirement benefits are good, hourly pay is good to average