WoodmenLife Employee Reviews

Quick-paced and lots of things learned from this company
Customer Service Specialist I & II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2019
I worked at Woodmenlife for a little over 35 years and absolutely loved every minute of working there. It was quick-paced and very competitive company that I would recommend to anybody willing to put in the hard work!
A glimpse into Woodmen Life
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NC 28337July 17, 2019
A typical day at work with WoodmenLife was very productive. I learned that any slow day can turn into a busy day quickly. My management was in and out which taught me how to be productive and manage myself within the work hours. My most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to clients on the phone and getting to know them and their families. At the end of the day I made sure my work area was tidy and that we had everything we needed for the next work day ahead of us.
Great organization
Market Representative (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 5, 2019
WoodmenLife is a great organization and wonderful employer. They take great care of their employees and do everything in their power to ensure the success of everyone within the company.
Pros
Great employer
Great Corporate Structure
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Frazeysburg, OHJuly 3, 2019
Working at WoodmenLife is like being part of a big family. Its not perfect but all in all they exist for the good of their clients and employees and have for the past 129 years!
Good Company with Integrity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 25, 2019
I like WoodmenLife, only negative is commission, so it is not for everyone, but people who are determined to be successful, your recruiting manager will help you to succeed. With more agents here in WA, more sales will generate, benefit all reps here.
I worked at Woodmen Life for 10 years.
Support Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2019
Horrible management, no guidance or encouragement on moving up in the company

If you weren't a suck up, you weren't given the time of day. Favoritism runs rampant at this company.
It’s what you make of it
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Maysville, KYApril 15, 2019
This is one of the best (or worst) jobs you could have. If you don’t have drive or are comfortable talking to people you’ve just met then you won’t make it. I love it though. There is great opportunity here!
Pros
You are in charge of your schedule. Your income potential is great.
Cons
You are in charge of your schedule
Great company to work for with a long history of success
FIELD DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Jackson, ALMarch 31, 2019
WoodmenLife is a great company with great leadership at every level of the organization. Leadership is supportive of its agents and wants every agent to be successful. Good benefits are offered by the company with an Alpha Contract. Great coaching and mentoring in the field as well.
Not a fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 25, 2019
I met with customers to help them select life insurance plans. The problem is I constantly was required to harass my friends and family to generate leads.
Helpfull people around me nice work enviorment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 18, 2019
It is a great company the way their commission and checks is what gave me the conflict. Trying to fix it calling home office was a nightmare. But, I am a very people person so I like talking to people.
Pros
I got to set my own hours.
Cons
Waiting on checks to pind for 3 to 4 weeks.
Sales career gives flexibility and good pay
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 16, 2019
WoodmenLife's sales careers offer unlimited earning potential, but very little direction. If you are a self starter and are good with managing your own time, this is the career for you. If you don't like talking to people or making phone calls or connections, you will have a difficult time. Woodmen's culture is that of service. It's the thing that sets it apart from other insurance companies. You are expected to be involved with community projects and help our members do the same. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Unlimited income and flexible schedule
Cons
Poor direction from management
ok
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 10, 2019
was promised a lot and few items came available. if you was not a superstar you received very little assistance. manager only wanted to help the ones that was making him money.
Pros
set own hours
Cons
lack of assistance
Community and Family
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 3, 2019
The initial impression was one that attracted me, but I was not as impressed once I started. I don't want to speak negatively about the company. There were instances of organizing events that were not supported properly by State office.
My job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 14, 2018
I loved my job. I felt important, challenged and respected. I worked in the same department the whole time I was there. I worked closely with several levels of management as well as sales associates while in a training environment. I was responsible for ordering and maintaining department and training materials, I took on the responsibility of running the onsite company store on top of my regular work load. In order to keep both positions running smoothly my time management and organizational skills were required daily. Unfortunately my department was reorganized and my position was eliminated.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Had to pay for parking
Slow and not enough wotk
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, TNNovember 19, 2018
My supervisor was nice but I just didn’t get many hours. Conducting reach out calling to appointments for the manager to sell insurance was time consuming and sometime difficult because no one wanted house visits.
Pros
The few hours I received allowed me to take care of my family.
Cons
No enough work
Clueless management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2018
Managers micro-manage everything and have NO appreciation for how hard their team works. They waste so much money on outside agencies/companies and spend more time in meetings than actually getting anything done. They don't bother to utilize the talent and knowledge of their own teams, except to have them do their work for them.

Most managers are also only out for themselves and don't care who they step on to keep their jobs. It's not a supportive, encouraging environment for most team members, and speaking to HR does not help with any issues that arise.

The company claims to support "promoting from within," but this is clearly not followed in many departments. People are brought in from the outside with no experience so they can be pushed around and told what to do by management.

Also, the company claims to be "not for profit" but this is clearly not followed if you look at the extremely high salaries its VPs and executives are paid. The President & CEO takes home more than $1 million per year, while other positions in the company are overlooked for any increases/bonuses.
excellent place to work always paying it forward
Customer Service Rep #2 (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68102October 23, 2018
A typical day at work consist of signing in and the phones calls coming in non stop from explaining policy, taking a payment, to filing a death claim. I work closely with each supervisor and management on a daily basis. The hardest part about my job is explaining to a family member when a love one passes away that they insurance has lapsed. The most enjoyable part is learning new things and assisting the customers with a one call resolution
Pros
wellness, give back to community
Cons
dept isn't always flexible with schedules
Terrible
Do boy (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2018
The morale is terrible. The job conditions are terrible. Your boss is a jerk that won’t come out and tell you exactly what their problem is with you. They wait until they don’t need you and fire you.
WoodmenLife
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at WoodmenLife. They are a caring company that offers financial stability opportunities to their members. they give you a chance to excel in your position and to advance to better opportunities within the company. They definitely care about their employees and members in a way that I have never experienced.
OK place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 17, 2018
Ok company to work for, but it does absolutely no advertising or promotional products. Area manager was very knowledgeable and tries to help any way he can. Regional Manager was not very good at his job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WoodmenLife. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight