WoodmenLife Employee Reviews for Representative

A great place for those who enjoy business and community involvement.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALSeptember 1, 2019
WoodmenLife is all about people and community. Families, community, and country are at the core of the non-profit organization. There are no limits to income potential if you are willing to learn and enjoy serving people.
A way of life
Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 30, 2019
Woodmen life is not just a company it is a family of bright and talented individuals. Working with Woodmen is a type of culture that allows for personal growth, competitive Camaraderie, and a very generous Compensation package. You will get out of Woodmen what you put into it it’s like any company that is direct sales, if you manage your time and you see the people you will do well
Pros
You’re your own boss
Cons
You’re your own boss
WoodmenLife Review
Representative (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVAugust 31, 2017
Great company. Not for profit. Active in community. Competitive with other similar companies.
Strategic planning for prospects (prospecting), calling potential or existing customers/clients and setting appointments for meeting. Reviewing needs and presenting options/products that could assist. if purchase made, delivery of the certificates came thereafter.
Learned the life insurance side of the insurance industry and financial products. Management was very helpful and personable all the way up to the CEO in Omaha, NE. Good workplace culture in a tough life insurance industry environment. Hardest part of the job was having to make calls to set up appointments with people who most generally do not like receiving phone calls from salespersons. Most enjoyable parts of the job was being able to make my own schedule, traveling, and meeting new people in the effort to explain things to them and help if needed.
Pros
Free food when we hosted cookouts with our massive grill
Cons
Prospecting
It's a job.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 14, 2017
Woodmenlife is supposed to be about helping people. I find that it is more about the money you can make and not what is in the best interests of the client.
Great reward at a great risk
Representative (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCJuly 8, 2017
WoodmenLife offers great benefits, and a great contract for its full-time reps. The downside is the regulations. Not knowing whether or not you'll be allowed to keep the commission for an issue is the hardest thing about it.
Wonderful 126 year old company, great to their employees.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 20, 2016
Calling on clients or prospecting for new clients who need life products or retirement products, I am an independent agent. I report to a manager with a weekly sales report and have his support for combined sales call that warrant a combined effort. I am involved in the Chamber and several other organizations that allow me to market my company and products.