WOODplc

Working at WOODplc: 6 Reviews

United States6 reviews

Great place to work.

This is a great place to work. They are making some really good changes and switching up the management team for the better. They are starting to promote a positive and professional environment and culture. Pay is good and there is a good life/work balance. Plant Operators work a 7 day on/off schedule.

Pros

Pay, Schedule, Continous Improvement and positive culture.

Stay away from this toxic place. Most of the management are useless.

stay away from this toxic place, especially the electric department. The department manager is useless, no engineering or management skill. They have every excuses to cut your salary.

WOODplc insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Good Company, depends on the site and its management

Its a good company to work with but its construction so the site specifics and management can vary. I met and worked with a lot of hard working and qualified individuals. The benefits and compensation was on par with the rest of the industry. I would gladly take another job with this company if offered.

The management structure isn't solid. The project manager changed midway through my time due to regime change at higher levels. Basically cut the legs out from the guy. He was replaced for some BS. His replacement was cool but there was no accountability for constant violations. So called "leads and managers" are not that. They are only those in name but again zero accountability. GET RID OF THE UNION. My direct manager didnt even work in the same building. Due to COVID the manager never once came to our location. All of us went to work and my manager worked from home. from home.

Pros

Pay isnt bad. Trades workman are great to work with. Work/life balance is good

Cons

Direct manger was absent, No real clear training offered to you to allow you to improve, No accountability for violations.

Safe environment

Everyone was their brothers' keeper. Very safe work environment with everyone communicating with each other during safety meetings on a daily basis. A family-oriented environment.

Very professional and family oriented culture. The projects worked on required professional thought. The workplace culture involved employees interacting with one another whether shooting basket ball in the company parking lot or playing ping pong.

Pros

Employee building programs

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WOODplc?

Common questions about WOODplc

Answered by current and former employees at WOODplc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WOODplc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits