Woods Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Woods Services selected this as a representative review
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work for. Co-workers are the best part. Extremely nice, and always a good atmosphere. The work is enough to keep you busy at all times. Could be a crazy day or could be an easy day. Just depends on the day. No complaints!
If you can’t find anything better okay, but if you can do not even bother.
Neurological Rehabilitation Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 18, 2018
This place is the pits! They are only after the governments money! They don’t care about their employees and they don’t care about the residents! I have a masters degree and they wouldn’t even pay me $20 an hour!
Cons
Truly an amazing company!
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 16, 2018
I have been working for Woods for about a year and a half and I absolutely love it. The people are great, the company culture is amazing, benefits are fantastic and the work is so truly rewarding. Really happy I decided to join Woods!
Low pay
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 8, 2018
Low pay but great environment to work. I enjoy their trainings and the co workers. working with Woods can teach you patience and how to humble yourself.
A Day Woods
Residential Counselor/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 4, 2018
come in get my group ready. Once the clients come in I would began to show them and the staff that brought him or her here how to work on things that they could do outside of Woods. Such as tag umbrellas, the items the clients make are sold.
Pros
I leaned how to be a bit, more patient
Cons
N/a
fun happy learning work space
Residential Counsler (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 28, 2018
`woods was a great experience for me I loved the job and atmosphere, woods taught me a lot of patience an I loved working with the group of kids that I worked with the upmost learning experience I could have had.
Great place for the experiences
Therapeutic Riding Instructor and Barn Manager (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 16, 2018
Great place to have job security and start off in the field working with those who have physical and mental disabilities. The hard part was working a lot of overtime hours and even weekends had to be sacrificed all for the clients. It is a great place with a great training program and atmosphere, but there are some things that are hard to manage. I absolutely love working with the clients and seeing them want to learn and grow.
Pros
Ability to create my own schedule and work with great employees
Cons
Not great at communicating with employees
I love working at woods!
Teachers Aide (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 9, 2018
Woods Service is a great place to be employed at especially if you have a heart to care for people and their well being them woods is where you belong. From the time i started up until now i have loved my job and what i do there. I always wanted to care for people and working at woods helps me do just that. Seeing the smile on the people faces that we care for at woods will make your heart melt each time. I love woods, i love what they do for the residents that we care for and i would never have a single bad thing to say about them.
Productive place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Langhorn PAAugust 8, 2018
I love here minus the manager not having your back i met some good people here at the company , i miss working here, i wish couldve went back but need more money
Pros
free lunch, i love my coworkers
Cons
need more money
Horrible
Staff Counselor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 31, 2018
Not recommended. Horrible atmosphere, Management is even worse. No career advancement. Pay sucks , you’ll have to do OT to make a decent check - if you’re even allowed.
I truly enjoy working with the kids at woods, I'm constantly learning knew things everyday
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 27, 2018
Woods services is a place that you could grow and increase your knowlege of a wide variety of basic information in dealing with special needs community
Pros
You can increase your education with re-embursement, thats an advantage
Fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 19, 2018
I love working at Woods, I love the kids ❤️ They do so much with the kids, Always having activities to do with the kids.Staff is very friendly.. Best job ever
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
No breaks
review of my experience at woods services
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 3, 2018
great workplace environment. awesome staff. stressful days that go by very fast. Typical day starts early for 7-3 shift. Clients either go to work or to school during the day. I met plenty of friends that I will bond with forever.The hardest part of the day is getting there by 7am prompt every morning. No grace period. 7:01 is late.6 lateneses in are grounds for termination
Pros
always hiring
Cons
always firing
Unfriendly Environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 21, 2018
A lot of cliques and favorites. Supervisors were dating the workers. If the worker didn't like you, they would try to get you fired. All of the workers who have been there a while hang together and give the new workers a hard time.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Bad Environment
Enjoyed working with the kids.
Staff Counselor three (Former Employee) –  paJune 7, 2018
A good first job. You get the chance to work with a different group of kids. Management was not as supportive as they could have been. Plenty of overtime.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful environment
Excellent and fun place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 7, 2018
Woods services is a great place to work hands on skills, Every day is an opportunity to discover new experience. Get to know the individuals I worked with and how to give them quality care.
Pros
They have great food services for residence
Cons
Healthy food
N/a
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 7, 2018
woods services is a huge community with a lot of intelligent workers from all different ethnic backgrounds. The salary is okay but not enough. the most enjoyable part of the day is working with the residents
Toxic, abusive, childish
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 18, 2018
Working at woods, especially in the school is like being in the 13th grade. Gossipy, clique-ish and majority of the employees are grown people with children. No one is paid what they are worth, people rarely get raises and there is little to no potential for career advancement. There are those who are there simply for a pay check and that is apparent. The way the employees speak of the children to eachother and in front of the children as well as the way they treat them is disgusting and abusive. I could not stay and witness the mistreatment of those children that place should be shut down immediately. Woods should be more selective in their hiring process and have cameras everywhere.
Pros
Free lunches, easy work, lots of lay back time
Cons
pay, work environment, lack of opportunity, mistreatment
Woods Services was a good company to work for
Staff Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 18, 2018
Although the population of clients were sometimes a challenge, i appreciated the team work that i experienced while being at woods services. There was always overtime for anyone who wanted it. You grow to love your clients and enjoy the activities I was able to do with them.
Fast paced
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 11, 2018
Great employees to work with during shifts. Some mangers were great with staff yet some weren't. A lot of call ours which means mandatory OT. Could've been paid more with better benefits.
Staff Residential Leader (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMarch 16, 2018
woods was a great place to leas about people,
My experience with the company though a memorable, there were a lots of ups and downs and job security was not always a guaranteed thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woods Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight