Woods Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Woods Services selected this as a representative review
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work for. Co-workers are the best part. Extremely nice, and always a good atmosphere. The work is enough to keep you busy at all times. Could be a crazy day or could be an easy day. Just depends on the day. No complaints!
This job is full of surprises good and bad.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 20, 2019
I have had a pretty decent experience at woods. There is always excitement, good and bad. You have to have patience if you want to work there because it is very challenging,
Don’t work here
Private (Former Employee) –  Woods servicesJanuary 9, 2019
Underpaid, verbally abused, and constant stress. Work environment was toxic, many workers in management were verbally abusive and only cared about themselves. This place still affects me even after leaving, thinking that everyone in the work force is like they were. But there are nice companies and managers to work for out there, just don’t ever work for this company. It will mess with you mentally.
Pros
Cons
Toxic, underpaid, abusive
Great Company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 19, 2018
Woods is a great company to work for. Its like a big family everybody works together to help accomplish goals. The benefits are amazing. Most employees that leave end up coming back.
Looking for a new job
Case Manager/Habilitation Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PA 19047December 1, 2018
Cannot keep employess, keep changing job requirements to benefits friends/llok good and hurt the employee, makes employees want to leave and/or find a second job due to unfair wages
Everyone has their own opinion
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 14, 2018
This is a mentally handicap facility. It was enjoyable working on the grounds of the facility. It should be noted that I had minor interaction with the clients but most of them are fun to be around.
ok
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 12, 2018
a day at work is ok a little stressful, mangement can improve. Very poor communication no one likes to talk to each other everybody just pretty much do what ever they want.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
pay, mangement and communication
Horrible!
Residential counselor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne paOctober 25, 2018
This was one of the most horrible job experiences i have ever had. Helping the children is the only reason i stayed as long as i did. Their is no staff support and you can easily be fired for false allegations. They pay is not good at all for what you go threw at this job. The managers are HORRIBLE!
Pros
Helping the children
Cons
Staff support, pay, management
If you can’t find anything better okay, but if you can do not even bother.
Neurological Rehabilitation Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 18, 2018
This place is the pits! They are only after the governments money! They don’t care about their employees and they don’t care about the residents! I have a masters degree and they wouldn’t even pay me $20 an hour!
Cons
Truly an amazing company!
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 16, 2018
I have been working for Woods for about a year and a half and I absolutely love it. The people are great, the company culture is amazing, benefits are fantastic and the work is so truly rewarding. Really happy I decided to join Woods!
Low pay
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 8, 2018
Low pay but great environment to work. I enjoy their trainings and the co workers. working with Woods can teach you patience and how to humble yourself.
A Day Woods
Residential Counselor/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 4, 2018
come in get my group ready. Once the clients come in I would began to show them and the staff that brought him or her here how to work on things that they could do outside of Woods. Such as tag umbrellas, the items the clients make are sold.
Pros
I leaned how to be a bit, more patient
Cons
N/a
fun happy learning work space
Residential Counsler (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 28, 2018
`woods was a great experience for me I loved the job and atmosphere, woods taught me a lot of patience an I loved working with the group of kids that I worked with the upmost learning experience I could have had.
Great place for the experiences
Therapeutic Riding Instructor and Barn Manager (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 16, 2018
Great place to have job security and start off in the field working with those who have physical and mental disabilities. The hard part was working a lot of overtime hours and even weekends had to be sacrificed all for the clients. It is a great place with a great training program and atmosphere, but there are some things that are hard to manage. I absolutely love working with the clients and seeing them want to learn and grow.
Pros
Ability to create my own schedule and work with great employees
Cons
Not great at communicating with employees
I love working at woods!
Teachers Aide (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 9, 2018
Woods Service is a great place to be employed at especially if you have a heart to care for people and their well being them woods is where you belong. From the time i started up until now i have loved my job and what i do there. I always wanted to care for people and working at woods helps me do just that. Seeing the smile on the people faces that we care for at woods will make your heart melt each time. I love woods, i love what they do for the residents that we care for and i would never have a single bad thing to say about them.
Productive place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Langhorn PAAugust 8, 2018
I love here minus the manager not having your back i met some good people here at the company , i miss working here, i wish couldve went back but need more money
Pros
free lunch, i love my coworkers
Cons
need more money
Horrible
Staff Counselor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 31, 2018
Not recommended. Horrible atmosphere, Management is even worse. No career advancement. Pay sucks , you’ll have to do OT to make a decent check - if you’re even allowed.
I truly enjoy working with the kids at woods, I'm constantly learning knew things everyday
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 27, 2018
Woods services is a place that you could grow and increase your knowlege of a wide variety of basic information in dealing with special needs community
Pros
You can increase your education with re-embursement, thats an advantage
Fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 19, 2018
I love working at Woods, I love the kids ❤️ They do so much with the kids, Always having activities to do with the kids.Staff is very friendly.. Best job ever
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
No breaks
review of my experience at woods services
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 3, 2018
great workplace environment. awesome staff. stressful days that go by very fast. Typical day starts early for 7-3 shift. Clients either go to work or to school during the day. I met plenty of friends that I will bond with forever.The hardest part of the day is getting there by 7am prompt every morning. No grace period. 7:01 is late.6 lateneses in are grounds for termination
Pros
always hiring
Cons
always firing
Unfriendly Environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 21, 2018
A lot of cliques and favorites. Supervisors were dating the workers. If the worker didn't like you, they would try to get you fired. All of the workers who have been there a while hang together and give the new workers a hard time.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Bad Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woods Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight