Woodspring Suites Employee Reviews

Great
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 21, 2019
A great company to work for. From corporate to the local location; everyone is like family. Everyone is willing to help any employee excel & succeed. Great
Nothing good....
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 18, 2019
I don't even know where to begin, the maintenance guy drug dealing or sleeping with guest, the general manager making up the rules on a day to day basis and refusing to admit anything said on a prior day, stealing and lying and rumors and gossip, all just for fun to management. They are deceitful, unorganized, lack of knowledge and hateful to the point of ripping you to the bone and laughing about false accusations. The drugs and prostituion going on with management's approval is sickening!!
large extended stay hotel
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 10, 2019
Poorly managed, under staffed, and under informed. Employees tasks have no limit. Inconsistent schedule with poor time off. Countless unpaid hours with an extremely uneven work load, with no option of voicing your concerns without negative repercussions.
Very challenging yet rewarding place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was my executive team they were very supportive of anything I needed in order to be successful at my job. They value high producers.
Pros
Support of upper management
Cons
Mistakes are taken heavier
Loved the work just not the Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CO 80504December 27, 2018
I absolutely loved the work there. Management refused to follow through on any promises made to fix problem employees. Instead most days it looked more like a day care than a extended stay hotel. I loved working with the guests. I loved doing the daily paperwork as well as keeping things both clean and well organized. I just could not agree with the way it was ran by the General Manager and all the way up to the Regional Manager.
Pros
I was always busy with something.
Cons
Management did nothing to fix problems
quiet and relaxed place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 24, 2018
Actually wood spring suites was my very first desk job. The people and job itself was nice . My manager was very understanding, he also was very flexible with my schedule. Due to me working another job it was stressful. The hardest part about my job was that I worked overnight, and you never know what type of customers you may get at those hours. Most of all , I enjoyed being able to work in a place with wonderful people , and be able to get the experience as a front desk clerk.
under staffed and over worked
Employee (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 18, 2018
very under staffed, poor management, no benefits or advancement,
all employees are part time status so that they don't qualify for any holiday, vacation or sick time.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
no benefits, over worked, under staffed
Woodspring suites
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2018
Very hectic depending on the day of the week. Some employees had a lack of respect for some long term residents while showing favoritism to others. Also management did not accept new ideas.
Pros
Free Room
Cons
Negative attitudes
Unprofessional
Guest Service Representative | Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 17, 2018
Days are not long for me because I do not get caught up in how much work I have to do. I learned more customer service skills. Management is extremely unprofessional.
Stressful place due to lack of good manager
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 28, 2018
The job itself was a nice job. But when it came to management the guest with ask for the manager or ask for things that they needed assistance from the only the manager could do and they would find themselves pushed aside and it left us as front desk agents to get the brunt of guest's anger. A
A lot of times we were left without the proper utensils or equipment to perform a job with no assistance from the manager.
Pros
Was a good job if in need of a job
Cons
Bad management, misdelegation of job responsibilities
Good starting place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  usNovember 19, 2018
Good company to start with , will teach you the basics needed o get into the industry, not much for further advancement , very basic hotel chain , low supervision
Pros
not micro managed
Cons
no support system
na
Evening Manager, GSM (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 10, 2018
Woodspring suites allowed me to hone in on my customer service skillset as well as build new ones. I have had a great deal of success and will truly miss working for Woodspring.
Nice and pretty laid back.
FRONT DESK AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 6, 2018
A nice job to have if you're in school and need decent money.
Working front desk started me at $10/hr.
Overnight is usually chill at my location. I usually use that time to study or do homework.
Pros
have time to do homework in between duties
Cons
8hr shifts
Disappointed
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 5, 2018
Woodspring suits Bentonville AR was a great place to work. I loved my job there. So many nice and welcoming people. I learned how to take payments quickly and accurately, how to properly clean rooms in a timely manner, resolve complaints promptly and professionally. The management is poor. Work culture respect . The hardest part of the job was dealing with disrespectful customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was welcoming the customer and getting to know new people. The only thing bad about working there is that you didn’t get raises. No health care. Corporate management is horrible! I heard them yell at a guest for calling their office phone. They will fire for a stupid reason or no reason at all. They do not care about their employees! I used to love working there the coworkers where so nice and treated me like family. But I refuse to work for that corporate.
Pros
Flexible hours, polite staff and Night representative gets free room.
Cons
Dealing with disrespect guests and Corporate.
not good or clean
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHOctober 29, 2018
this place is horrible, management is bad, the hotel is dirty and they don't care if the guest harass you. if the other person that is to relive you doesn't show, they don't care either. the managers do not answer their phones and you are stuck there
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything else
Management is desperate
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MD 21236October 27, 2018
it pays $12/hour... 8hr work shifts. the pay is decent, the leadership is poor. no one really cares about culture, honesty, accountability, or integrity. the team (staff) is inconsiderate and gossipy. the managers have the attitudes of employees (they just work enough to get by).. however, they have the upperhand. working hard and putting in extra work won't get you any more than a pat on the back.

if you are looking for career advancement it is not the right place.. if you are looking for a decent check @ $12/hour you should go for it.
Pros
you can slack because everyone does
Cons
working hard will drain you
I don’t give anything because it’s a very bad place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  East fort MyersOctober 22, 2018
The worst place to ever work for , very nasty and dangerous, I was scared to get stuck by a used needle every day manager treated the guests like total trash
Pros
You can have your phone and use it when you please
Cons
Your never home
Easy job with plenty of hours
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2018
Never had to worry about not getting enough hours but the pay for the hours was my issue as well as having to pick up the slack for some employees that only wanted to show up and collect a check.
Pros
easy job and discounted rooms for employees
Cons
long shifts with no breaks
Treat the staff like replaceable cattle.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 16, 2018
As a former GM to multiple brands, I can say for a fact this company does not stand behind there staff during any medical issues. They replace staff at the drop of a hate with no regard. They cut you out with no remorse or notice. Even instructing co workers to no longer contact you. Punishing the good co workers that reach out to express concern.
Woodspring suites was jus lipstick on a pig as they changed the name from Value Place to get away from the bad press and reputation Value Place had.
Pros
Cons
Mostly everything
It's a hotel like any other!
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 12, 2018
It's a hotel like any other! In my position as Front Desk Clerk there are busy times when you need to multi-task and there are slow times. If you think it will be just a desk job forget about that!!! It's constant reassuring that things are in place. That guests are been taken care of and that building look presentable. First job ever that granted me more than 1 week off to take care of family matters without any questions asked. Management is really accommodating.
Pros
I have 3 days off!!
Cons
no benefits at the moment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodspring Suites. Our community is ready to answer.