Woodspring Suites Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad management
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXAugust 7, 2018
General Manager not helpful. Conversations were one way. Even on issues that negatively effected the guests. Alot of in fighting and gossiping between employees. Management participated rather than discouraged. Manager burdened low level employees with their job duties. Managers and staff gossiped with long term guests about other employees. Managers treated employees as if they were expendable and seemed insecure about their positions so they did not support nonmanagement staff. Manager lied about scheduling and called employees to work on their days off, once they finally got a day off. Sorry to see a business run this way. Grateful, I do not own it.
Pros
Healthcare for full time
Cons
Gossiping, backstabbing, the GM was horrible
Poor managment
On call , front desk (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 25, 2018
I was let go and had to vacate property within 24 hours . I live on site. Never been in trouble. Was wrongful accused of actions. And I was let go for doing the same as other employees. After having proof of my innocence. And showing it to my boss. Very poor management. Manager would only work 4 hours a day. Didn't know what was going on in there hotel.
Pros
Non
Cons
Managment
Hotel business
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. they allow you to grow an advance in the company. You deal with all types of people checking in and out daily from all around the world. also your also learning great customer service
Pros
meeting new people dail
Cons
they nice guest that leave
Impossible standards
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 11, 2018
I worked here as a room attendant (or housekeeper) for a great, inspiring manager with high standards. The problem was that the regional managers insisted that we finish cleaning rooms within a certain amount of time and it was basically impossible to meet the manager's high cleanliness standards in the amount of time set by the upper management. A decent job if you're comfortable making somebody angry all the time.
A business that profits off of underpaid employees and a stolen business plan.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 3, 2018
I had to give up any hope of enjoying off time and ultimately submit to working past my hours due to a general manager with no follow through and a shady corporate and business structure. Do NOT commit to salary here, they will take advantage and use you instead of hiring new people. No chance of you getting paid for those extra hours.
Productive and fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 7, 2018
Woodspring Suites formerly known as Value Place was a great experience for me entering as a guest service representative to climbing the ladder within 5 years as a General Manager. Everyday was a learning experience. A typical day at work consisted of curb to room inspections making sure the hotel was always ready for inspection. The most enjoyable part of my years there were meeting all the guests that came in daily and the ones that were considered long term.
bad place
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 29, 2018
bad place would not recommend anyone to work there or live there, they are very rude and drug addicts tend to stay there often. management is very nasty with you as well.
Fun workplace
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 16, 2018
The job was very easy, the company laid back and casual. The hardest part was the QA.'s constantly changing, I began to feel like a used car salesman when speaking to a customer. I loved talking to the callers,. most were friendly, just wanting room rates.
Pros
Laid back and casual
Cons
The constantly changing QA's
Ok
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  VAMay 7, 2018
Overall the company is a great organization. However with the amount of growth that they are experiencing it is frustrating to several of the VP's from one day to the next.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
growing to fast
Overworked and underpaid
Property Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 2, 2018
The GM actually told me that she would do anything to ensure her own job over ours. The place was full of gossip and backstabbing. I was hired shortly before a management company took over. They provided zero transistion period. I learned how not to manage or treat employees. Would never recommend this place.
An overall sastisfactory expericence
Front Desk/Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 1, 2018
Depending on the job description applied Woodspring Suites could work for you. It is a great start if you would want to learn the hospitality business.
Pros
A lot of fun
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
Richmond West
GSA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 20, 2018
General Manager and Regional Manager not helpful. Conversations were one way. Even on issues that negatively effected the guests. Alot of in fighting and gossiping between employees. Management participated rather than discouraged. Managers burdened low level employees with their job duties without pay compensation. Managers and staff gossiped with long term guests about other employees. Managers treated employees as if they were expendable and seemed insecure about their positions so they did not support nonmanagement staff. Manager lied about scheduling and called employees to work on their days off, once they finally got a day off. Sorry to see a business run this way. Grateful, I do not own it.
Pros
Meeting International Guests
Cons
No Meal Breaks Provided during 8 hour shifts. Asked to answer phone in restroom.
eh.... depends why you work
Guest Services Rep/Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHApril 12, 2018
I enjoy the guests and the people i work with. The job itself is not difficult.Dealing with management makes the job more difficult then it needs to be. Overall... its not bad
Productive, long work days.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAApril 4, 2018
I enjoyed the job overall but just not some of the gossip that came with it. If you did something minor wrong they turned it into something bigger than it needed to be.
Pros
Cons
Not enough Pay, doesn't appreciate their employees.
Decent Pay
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 30, 2018
Overall this job has decent pay but poor management and unprofessional staff. Guest arent so friendly. Most of the time you're stressed out and dealing with a lot of complaining from the residents.
Productive and fun place to work
Room Attendant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2018
this is a great enviroment to be in. You can learn great things from people, you deal with all types of situations and people so your hospitality skills will advance. Its a chance to move up on the ladder if your motivated.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Short breaks, Back hurts
Horrible pay long hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 15, 2018
If you get a job here just remember the phrase over worked and underpaid. This is probably a job you will not want to consider long term. Way better jobs with more money.
Pros
PTO after a year
Cons
Horrible pay, no appreciation
I do not feel like saying anything about it
Night Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 15, 2018
It was a fun place to work but like every other workplace, it had it's pros and cons. More freedom on hours and all but it comes at a very steep price.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 15, 2018
Worst place ever the police is always there. They let all kinda shady people stay there. The manager doesn’t help much when there is a problem. This place is not safe to work at. I wouldn’t recommend working here unless it’s a desprate need for money.
Pros
The flexiability
Life At The Suite
GSR/Hotel Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 13, 2018
Early bird at 6 am taking out trash, various cleaning duties all over the building, housekeeping, front desk services, guest check in/out, room walks, hotel walks and custodial work.
Pros
great guest, discounts
Cons
poor management, guest trouble, low pay, low hours