Woodward, Inc. Employee Reviews

Continuous Improvement
Senior Customer Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA 91355November 26, 2019
Woodward was a Mecca of continuous improvement.
The management team was centered on improving efficiency and growth.
Great opportunity for innovation and satisfaction.
I adored what I did, the praise, and the pay... Until a day after my supervisor emailed me scheduled training dates, I was randomly let go
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 24, 2019
I loved the pace of work here! Everyone was so friendly and reassuring. They remind you to ask questions, which I am never afraid to do! However, after finally finding a job I felt I truly belonged to, within a month of my hire I was let go as a temp, simply because I was at the bottom of the food chain. So after being praised, reassured, and supported, I was let go due to factory delays out of my hands. I am still grateful for the opportunity, but heartbroken at the lack of financial happiness and stability.
Great company
Horizontal Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 20, 2019
Would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment. Beautiful campus, great people, food services on site. Everyone was very helpful. Great machines to work on also. All and all. Wonderful job.
Engineer Surplus
Engineering Development Technician Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 19, 2019
Woodward HRT,
Was extremely top heavy in Engineering. With no new Aircraft being designed, they laid off the people that actually produced, instead of the people the haven't designed anything in years. I found it hard to believe that Engineering charges to jobs they never worked on, especially Cost Plus Contracts, which were the main type I worked on (Military). It was quite normal to have a job reach Qualification already over run because, Engineers had nothing to charge their time to, so they charged Jobs they NEVER worked on! I say this reluctantly, because so many of the Engineers there, were friends, and life long Colleagues. Whatever you do don't get ill, especially around rumored layoffs! I did have a great Supervisor and Manager, and being there just under 4 years, I was the low man in Engineering Development Lab, good people there, and I wouldn't want anything like this to happen to them. This layoff actually ruined my life and cost me everything I owned. This is probably the exception not the rule.
Productive workplace
Advanced Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILOctober 28, 2019
I enjoyed much of my time at Woodward Inc but there was no room for advancement. There was also very minimal financial compensation for my work at Woodward.
wood ward
Yard Helper (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 22, 2019
good job nice place a lot of new stuff a great boss great co worker Great environment. Great products. Great service. Great drivers and delivery very fast.
This place sucks
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 21, 2019
just run the same part over and over and over . Treated like a piece of meat. Once they get you in the door they keep you one machine just like a robot.
Well well well...
TEST LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CA 91010October 12, 2019
Hard work and work hard, but it fun when the job itself very well done. I been in out field service at Mississippi to repaired the Thrust Reverse systems for the Airbus A330 programs (job was at Nasa Test Camp in Mississippi, 2017) its an excited job I ever never had. The airbus customer team were very happy when I finished the job. I am so proud of myself and for the Woodward too.
Great for Newbies
Technician (Current Employee) –  RccOctober 12, 2019
Pay per performance is a joke. Everyone that is a any sort of technician will receive the same even if you just came straight out of high school to someone who has been doing that job for 20 years. Slow and I mean slow raises and you will never reach top pay here.
Benefits
Cons
Salary and management
Poor poor management and HR
Level 1 Assembly (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 7, 2019
I was let go because of a made up story in a office. Only witness was the only other person in the office. Company treats employees unfair and there is no room for growth.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Pay
Company not bad but management is
Operation Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 1, 2019
Good company to work for except for the people who run it. The best part of the job were the co-workers. Everyday was different in a bad way. It has become a place to start your career then take that knowledge and move on.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work life was every man for himself/too many mandatory overtime weekends
Bad management toxic work environment.
NDT level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 26, 2019
Management changed every other week and no one ever knew what was going on. The department lead for the NDT was very hard to work with. He would micro manage everything and talk down to everyone. Pay could have been better.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Productive and a good working team environment
Servovalve and Aseembly test technician (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 26, 2019
A good company to work for well organized and always trying to make improvements in each department to improve it's quality,performance and a safe working invironment for it's empoyee's
Quality like no other
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenville SC and Zeeland MISeptember 23, 2019
Very good and important culture with the True North concept which is Respect and Continuous Improvement.....an awesome place to work ….I miss it,we had our own e-mail address to communicate with engineering and supervision....that was special and very constructed day to day.Some of the way Im not going to discuss here because of respect and belief of the company which I still hope they do well in the business world and all of the wonderful members that are still a part of their success.
Pros
Benefits of the best I have ever had
Cons
Had to take a position out of state
Great Place to work
Information Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 23, 2019
Great place to work, Amazing health benefits, plenty of feedback from management and room to grow. Like most jobs, you will get out what you put into it. If you want to advance there will be opportunities.
Leadership is disorganized and lacks communication.
contract (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 21, 2019
Lack of cooperation and people are resistant to change required to live up to the stated company philosophy. Too many "separate tribes" operates according to their method rather than following the stated policies & procedures.
A broken team
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 21, 2019
Business decisions are made based on feelings, not numberic data. No training offered for anything. This harbors poor management skills from employees who have worked up the seniority ladder from lower level positions. There is an unspoken tension between engineer teams, causing pushback for teamwork.
Great Company
Mechanical Assembler/Operator (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MISeptember 12, 2019
Rely laid back place to work and great people to work with. If you are a new member and have a question everyone is willing to help and lead you in the right direction. Management is also very friendly and will listen to your concerns. you will have to be 100% about quality due to the product this company produces.
Lazy and exhausting
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILSeptember 12, 2019
Pay is good for under performing management/employee. Less is more
should be company motto. Best part of job was leaving. The Woodward way is not the best way to run a company. Feed the ego of management and you will rise through the company.
My time at Woodward
Mechanical Assembler (Aerospace Industry) (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MISeptember 7, 2019
I was employed at Woodward for about three years, and in that time span I learned a lot about Woodward’s Culture -which I believe to be the best thing about the organization. I’ve learned that no company is perfect but Woodward does try to get it right and they listen to understand. I had an opportunity to relocate, therefore, I left the company for better pay and advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woodward, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.