Woolpert Employee Reviews

Woolpert
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work from homeDecember 30, 2018
I loved working for Woolpert. My problems was just that, My problem. It bothered me that I had issues focusing and concentrating on my work. Turns out I was medically compromised by a medication I was taking but I was not aware of that until a month after I was let go.
Despite that Woolpert is a great company to work for. I do wish I had seen my doctor sooner about my issues and maybe I would still be there but I didn't. As I said I had problems and Woolpert was not responsible for that.
Pros
Wonderful guidance
A family environment
QA/QC Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 20, 2018
Everyone there was amazing and like a big family. They got along and cared about each other greatly. They had all these amazing events where they would do drawings and stuff as well as all these activities that people could participate in.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A position centered around collaboration and learning
Technical Writing Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 7, 2018
As a Technical Writing Intern at Woolpert I worked with a team of writers to produce documents for clients. I was constantly learning new ways to enhance my writing and find relevant information. Woolpert's culture was very employee-centric. There are many networking and educational opportunities available to interns. Although it is a large and successful company, managers maintain strong relationships with their employees.
Pros
Networking Events, Teamwork, Supportive, Challenging
Cons
Slow Season, Tight Deadlines
Good Advancement
QAQC Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 7, 2018
There is a lot of work and they tend to promote from within. Strong ethics, and clear, structured collaboration make it to where you always sure of your role and tasks.
Warm Bodies
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2018
The company doesn’t want to pay anyone to do quality work. So you get what you pay for. Communication is absolutely horrible. Company culture is apathetic, nobody seems to care about anything. And very few certainly don’t care about returning emails and phone calls. They don’t care who does the work or how much you have to travel, they just want it done. I could go on and on. I hated to leave, but they left me no choice.
Pros
Nice trucks, good insurance.
Cons
Zero accountability, no communication.
Company was too big.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 4, 2018
Typical workday was challenging. I learned how to manage projects and to keep them within a budget. Management was good and the workplace was supportive.
Fast Paced and Stressful for those who didn't work fast
Underground Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 28, 2018
Overall not a bad workplace. Woolpert was a contracted company, associated with the local Natural Gas distributer. Our job was to locate and map out the underground gas lines for the contractor. Woolpert got paid based on the footage of underground line measured correctly, so as employees if we worked thoroughly but slow, we were constantly at risk of termination due to costing the company more than we were bringing in income.
Difficult to get proper tools needed for the job, promised pay review at 6 months at hire date. No review way past 6 months even when mentioned.
Locate Technician (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 3, 2018
Woolpert as a company is great, their culture and dynamic is amazing. Although the Woolpert Perrysburg office is a very small set up that was made for a contract with Columbia Gas.

The supervisor hired a few people he knew from previous positions and does tend to play favorites.

When I was hired back in March he was very specific in saying 6 months you will get a review to get a raise..Here in 2018 and nothing.

It is a relaxed environment compared to regular locating jobs, but don't expect any raises.
Industry leader
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Woolpert is a great place to work if you like being on the cutting edge of technology. The projects they're involved in are both interesting and challenging, and make a real difference in the world.

That said, there have been some issues in a few departments with expectations and handling needs.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours, good work atmosphere
Cons
Low end of pay compensation, management issues in several departments
My first job out of high school
Technical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 26, 2017
I was so honored help me to get my first to know that my high school teacher helped me to get my first real job. That was an experience to learn the work force, Being established at such a early time right out of high school.
Fun projects, low pay
Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 15, 2017
Woolpert is a fun place to work. It is very laid back with flex time and dress code. The office is usually very casual and polite. "Great place to work" but I wish I didn't have to beg for fair compensation.
Pros
flex time
Cons
management
great experience
CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 1, 2017
great work environment. helpful co-worker
provided transportation to the job site.
fair salary, definitely help worker how to be professional.great work
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 24, 2017
Good place to work but alot of out of town work but paid well and u were rewared for your work with bonus also were given new trucks to perform your job
Great work team, poor management.
Rodman/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL 33026October 18, 2017
Enjoyed working here, the guys, ans the job duties. Disliked management and felt it was always criticizing vs showing gratitude for our efforts. Management needs adjustments.
great job, new department was a bit unorganized
Google Maps: Outbound Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 6, 2017
The sales team i worked for had just been formed and the structure of the sales process was unorganized and sporadic, making my job frustrating at times and it felt like there wasn't a streamline process for tracking/nurturing leads.
Pros
culture, kind people, small company so you know different depts and what they are up to
Cons
sales team a bit shady and unorganized but that was just my dept, other areas seemed more organized as they had been around longer
Woolpert is Great
Site Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2017
Woolpert has a great team. The employees are fun people who like work hard. I really enjoyed my time as an intern with the company. I would definitely recommend Woolpert as a place of employment or a company to get the job done.
Like A Glass of Lukewarm Water
Technical Worker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 1, 2017
You don't get excited too much and you don't get busy too much just like you don't get very much growth even though your skills increase so much. Management level doesn't care a lot about the career advancement for competitive technical workers.
Pros
Family Friendly
Cons
Not for people who wants to be acknowledged for their skills.
Review
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2017
This was a good company to work for until they started buying smaller companies in the area and merging offices. I did not like how they did there filtering of employees.
N/a
Construction Superintendent/ Pipeline Inspector (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 3, 2017
26 years with Columbia Gas of Ohio, held positions from laborer to 3RD level management. develop monitor system for large volumne customere, also health and safety
Good.
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 22, 2017
Small office but everyone was always there to help you learn. Great people that would always take your questions and help you develop your skills. The only con would be no outside of office social opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolpert. Our community is ready to answer.