Worcester Communities Employee Reviews

Life in the Big House
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 27, 2019
This is a good job if you want to learn a lot on your own and not really be trained to by anyone. For the most part the management is horrible and they have a very low budget for fixing things so you must fix things improperly and they do not give you the correct tools. They seem to hire just about anybody and this produces very shady characters who steal from the company a lot and won't do their job. I worked in maintenance and we had a lot of tools stolen by people that Worcester had hired the management does not back up their employees and the apartments are rampid with drug use and crime.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Over-worked and alot of backstabbing
Real Life Version of Mean Girls the Movie
Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2019
I have never experienced a culture where the judgemental nature is so high. Further more, those judgements come from a test called the Culture Index and hearsay that cannot be proven. If you want to treat your employees right, get to know them as a person before judging their character.

Secondly, this company has created such a double standard between home office, onsite office staff, and maintenance staff. When faced with that truth (after asking for open and honest feedback) they make you feel like the "bad guy".

Lastly, instead of firing people and having to pay them unemployment, they just make their lives miserable until they quit.

Unethical, unprofessional, judgemental, arrogant, conniving, egocentric, etc. I could go on, but you get the point.

If you are willing to play their games and sit by and watch questionable (sometimes illegal) things happen without saying a word, this company would be perfect for you.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses
Cons
See review above
Company Review
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 7, 2019
Though given full autonomy, little to no support is provided when sought out. The vision and ambition of the company is enticing; however, the oversight in reaching set goals is lacking.
Going Downhill Quickly
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 5, 2019
I fell in love with this company and what they stood for right away when I started with Worcester Communities. The owners stood for something I believed in, and they put those values into the work we were all doing.

However, now the owners have taken a back seat, and new management has been put into place. This company is now becoming a monopoly. This monopoly is in majority based on a personality test called the Culture Index. I have no doubt the Culture Index can be used to the advantage of any company, when used as a tool. However, to use it to stock pile people of a certain personality type, or to explain away unprofessional behaviors is unacceptable.

When I truly think about it, I cannot trust anyone at the home office. If I have a complaint about my regional manager, for example, I cannot go to another person in the home office to address the issue because they are all friends. Friends to the point that the person bringing the issue forward would probably lose their job.

I am at a loss. At the end of the day, we are overworked and underpaid as employees.
Benefits
Cons
PTO accrual is slow, management, see review above
No clear direction, selfish management, phony.
Former Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 3, 2019
Very phony, low degree of ethics and integrity from management who do not care about people, only how they look and keeping butt kissers close. Good place to get experience, but not a great long term career due to poor management of assets, both physical properties and people.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
See review
Always flipping properties with nowhere for the staff to go
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
The management staff requires the world out of you but doesn't give you any support to get anything done. All they care about is buying bad properties, selling them, and selling the staff with the property without any jobs, regardless of how well you did or didn't do your job.
Going down hill
Other (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2018
This use to be a great place to work and they valued their employees. After some upper management changes that is no longer correct. The team moral has gone down and people no longer enjoy coming to work and it seems the owners do not care.
Local company
Community Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MODecember 13, 2017
Great Core Values. Good changes on the horizon with an influx of new talent. Growing portfolio with expanding opportunities coming. The company has some big hairy audacious goals.
Pros
Nice People to Work With
Cons
Tools and Policies could be improved
Not the best place to work, but not bad. Big turn overs.
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 7, 2017
Not the best place to work, but not bad. Big turn overs. The people that run the place are not very fair when it comes to employees, but the owners are great. Unfortunately the owners don't know of much that goes on with their employees.