Worcester Polytechnic Institute Employee Reviews

Unique place to work
Complex Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 24, 2019
WPI gave me a great opportunity to learn so much about myself and STEM. My students taught me a lot about what it is to be passionate about connections. A typical day at work involves collaboration with colleagues. Workplace culture is to strive to do more.

The hardest part about the job was yearly raises/salary
The most enjoyable about the job was working with the students.
Pros
Studnets, Colleagues
Cons
Salary for lower graded employees
Many opportunities for real-world experience during Undergraduate
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 23, 2019
This is not a review of paid career experience. My experience working here was part of the IQP and MQP project programs for fulfillment of an Undergraduate degree. Ultimately, your experience will depend on your project, but mine were excellently managed.
Great place!
Associate Director of Annual Giving (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 2, 2019
WPI has a great work-life balance model, with management being very much aware of this culture on campus. It's a great community to meet cross-campus partners, professionally and personally!
good engineer school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 18, 2018
As an engineer school, WPI is project driven and project oriented learning environment.

You can meet nice faculties and talented students here.

It is a great school.
Good school and good professor
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 13, 2018
I highly value WPI, which I believe learn a lot from professors. Some of them are really domain experts. Some of them may be tough at beginning of touching but I found their good personality with the time going. My advisor gives me flexible time to do my work and courage me to learn and challenge new things.
Pros
learn from domain expert professors
Strong community
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 11, 2018
the WPI community is tightly-knit and focused on the institutional mission. The faculty and staff genuinely care about the student experience and strive to ensure student success. The community takes great pride in the programs and facilities.
Collaborative and Inspiring Environment
Director, Advancement Events (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 31, 2018
Strong leadership; Great benefits; A mission you can believe in; Always striving to do better and be better - which can be both inspiring and exhausting.
Pros
Great retirement benefits
Professional
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 23, 2018
WPI is a great place to work! Everyone was helpful and friendly. I was unable to stay there very long in my position due to family issues, but I'm thankful for my time there.
Excellent place to work
Asst Dir. of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 16, 2018
Excellent, collaborative environment. Very good benefits including the week off between Christmas and New Year. Walkable campus, collaborative departments
Pros
Collegial, excellent benefits
Cons
None that I can think of.
Overall good
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 28, 2018
For a student is a very good place. Lots to learn.
Supportive and informative faculty.

Culture is good to work in. All kinds of resources available and many opportunities are available.
Productive and knowledgeable.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 12, 2018
Assisting graduate professors by researching and collecting data on “Social Conflict and Organization “for an article in various academic journals. Managing the Wellington, New Zealand Project on behalf of WPI by hosting pre-departure orientations as well as managing the website content by WordPress and composing a project proposal
Great place, great people
Summer soccer co-ed camp coach (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 19, 2018
I have spent 5 summers now at WPI helping with their summer camp. Each year has progressed significantly and positively well. Each year has a phenomenal experience and I enjoy coming back for that week each summer.
Great job for an adjunct
Professor (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 14, 2018
I teach a couple of online classes - it's really great. the students actually care, the faculty and staff is professional and helpful. I also find their technology usable and efficient.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2018
A typical 10 hour/week work and work at your own pace. Daily reporting to professor was good, guidance was very good which will help you learn more about new technologies.
Good Student job
Lab Monitor / Manufacturer/ Machinist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 26, 2018
low pay for the work and the job requirements are sometimes confusing due to lack of communication. If you are a student and are not a federal work study, the pay is not great. The hours are flexible.
Ok place
Assistant Professor, Elec. & Comp. Eng (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 21, 2018
Focus is on teaching. A heavy course load is given to instructors, but the university does allow buyout if research funding is secured. As with most places, the quality of life depends on who is running the department.
Not a job workplace dynamic for productivity and enjoyment
Chemistry Intern (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 20, 2018
Worked in a lab, learning about chemistry research and lab skills. The management was messy and uninvested resulting in minimal, sloppy work being done. Their was also minimal social interaction causing a poor and cliquey workplace environment.
Great lab space with forward thinking peers
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 24, 2018
A great way to get lab experience in an academic setting while still taking classes. My manager was very supportive and encouraged me to try new things and experiment and I was able to grow a lot.
Great Research Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 15, 2018
WPI is a great place to do research. The CBC department, where I worked, was full of dedicated mentors and researchers who were willing to go the extra mile for their students.
I went to school here
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 3, 2018
I graduated from here with Masters in 2010, I enjoyed being part of the student group.
The curriculum lacked a lot because it was new and there were few professors and the funding was slow.