Work for Progress Employee Reviews

cool summer job.
Community Organizer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2018
early afternoon start of work day. Gained experience in being patient with a diverse group of colleges. Managers were excellent in their positions and thorough in their knowledge of the operating system. people got along well inside and out of the office. The hardest part of the job was knowing that the campaign would end and we would be laid off. I really enjoyed working out doors with people.
Fun place to work and a great cause
Field Manager/Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
This job was one of my favorites!! Management is very ethusiastic and the training process is simple and easy. There's an undeniable team vibe, as everyone is working together to achieve a goal. This job taught me a lot about goal setting and efficiency. I would have stayed at this job forever if my position wasnt temporary!
Pros
Lots of human interaction, sense of fulfillment
Cons
Short breaks, seaonal gigs
Excellent company to work for
ACTIVIST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2018
Excellent and very rewarding work making a difference in the community. I highly recommend this company for those who want to have a positive impact on the community.
Pros
Great management style
Cons
Sometimes use of one's personal vehicle is required.
A one of a kind of job
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  New London, CTApril 30, 2017
The part time canvassing job that I had was a little hard and a little easy, we had to go door to door and handout pamphlets and brochures for the presidential campaign. What I learned from this job is that customer service and eye contact are very important when talking to a person about something important.
long hours but pay well
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 28, 2016
this job really depends on who is running your program. all of the higher up were yound adults. so the program reflects that. my magement was pretty loose and modern. a lot of communication was done through cell phone both mangement and field work organiztion. you will be working long hours and they will push you to do better, but work is flexible. good temp work.
Great, Fun, and amazing pay
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 13, 2016
Hardest part of the job is working, enganging in conversation, and occasionally educating the general popularity of a community about what it is that your campaigning about. If its politics it gets a little bit personal.
Pros
Educational, Great pay
Cons
Long hours, A ton of walking
Job was great, company wasn't
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 12, 2014
The job itself was a blast and I had a good time with the other employees. I just didn't connect with the company itself.
Very poor
Canvaser, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2014
Like previous reviewer here said, lots of shady practices of the business. Poor coordination with bosses and management was apparent from the get go. The person running the interviews "forgot" that I was coming in to interview before I was even hired. Many times the workplace was understaffed and no one of the management were present when needed. The last couple of paychecks were mysteriously unattainable (in the locked office, not filled out, incomplete, ect.) until asked multiple times. Scheduling was done on a private server that I had to call my boss to find out when I was scheduled for even when they said it was open to view. I could go on and on about just how horrible this place was but with the amount of other people finding the same experience it seems redundant
Pros
Not much
Cons
Bad organization, shortchanging on paycheck, low pay, irregular scheduling, false advertising of intents
Beware of this organization
organizer (Former Employee) –  connecticut May 13, 2013
Before you do anything, google Work for Progress aka Fund for the Public Interest. I wish I had done that. You will find many people who did not get paid, did not get the job they were hired to do, This org treats people very unethically. I was an experienced organizer and I worked for them for three days, waited three months for my check. Save yourself and do not get involved with them.
Fun fun fun
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 13, 2013
Getting out and making a difference while loving your job at the same time!
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
very long work days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Work for Progress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight