Work N Gear Employee Reviews

Dont work Here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMay 23, 2019
This is the worst job ever low pay no benefits no staff a d no breaks you end up working alone in store alone a d company expects you to do everything.
Pros
Nice Customers
Cons
Low Pay No Staff Very Boring Job
Fast-paced
Zoning
Special Orders
Credit Card Applications
Specialty Store
Pros
Plenty of Breaks, Flexibility, Cooperative Team work
Cons
Regional Company
Great work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYSeptember 22, 2018
I liked working at Work n Gear it was a nice working place the manager was amazing and the co workers where great too I loved the hours just the pay wasn’t that great
Great Place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAAugust 5, 2018
Even though we had a hectic time with 2 managers being on maternity leave/bed rest and that left us with 3 people left. It was a great job depsite the long shifts
good place to work
Key Holder Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
the work place really taught me alot and were very professional to work with, gave me alot of good experiance and i also gained as well i would definatly reccomend this being a good place to work at.
It's was OK
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 29, 2018
No breaks, and does not treat people fairly ,also I worked 10 hour shifts mandatory with no break no lunch break to bathroom break was always there by myself!
Pros
Good insurance benefits
Cons
No breaks no lunch breaks
Key Holder
Key Holder Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILApril 5, 2018
Being a key holder was pretty fun, since you were able to achieve experience. Upper management can definitely be better on communicating with their staff.
Productive work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, ILFebruary 23, 2018
I really enjoyed our customer base and setting the store up to meet our goals. I had very few regrets in working for Work N Gear. There
were times that I had to put in extreme amounts of time due to the company not having enough management staff to spread around.
Pros
Customer base
Cons
Lack of control over my schedule/home time
Great Place to Work!
Retail - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RI 02886January 10, 2018
Was recommended to work here by a friend, strongly recommend this place for anyone looking for a part time job in the area of Warwick, RI. Great for any high school students.
Customer service was my favorite part
Cashier Services (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 16, 2017
I loved helping the customers find the perfect product. I learned a lot from them and they learned a lot from me. I knew the boots inside and out, what they were made of and how they functioned.

I wasn't overall impressed with management. I would sometimes work all day without a standard lunch break. The work culture was stressful as there was only 5 of us in the store and sometimes when it gets really busy only 2 of us may be on shift.

I liked working the morning shift because that was when the bigger company guys would come in and I handled their business really well. I even had repeat customers.

I think the hardest part of the job was merchandising and trying to figure out how to fit all of our products out when we didn't have much room in the store.
Fast Pace Work Environment
Shift Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 26, 2017
Definitely a place to one would have to be able to work fast as well as efficiently. Room for growth if you wish to expand within this career opportunity for sure.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTFebruary 9, 2017
Open store clean up store before open , make sure all merchandise is in order and on truck days get merchandise and fold and process into system. Set up cash draw make bank runs and deposits, fill out balance sheet and assist customers in shopping. My supervisor was very get work done and stayed on top of her employees about work and customer satisfaction. I enjoyed working with our team because it was just 4 of us but we all were in the best interest of company and allowed us to work well together. I didn't find job to difficult i enjoyed having a key holder position.
Excellent management, fair working place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at Work N Gear consists of helping customers find the right shoe or uniform, ringing them up on the register and cashing out the register at end of the day.
Great Store Manager and Co-Workers
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 16, 2016
Work N Gear is the best retail job I have had. A typical day involves processing new merchandise while helping customers with questions and ringing them up.

The Manager, Assistant Manager, and my co-workers are amazing people. The pay is all right, and their are no benefits outside of a limited employee discount. Our Corporate is nothing to rave about. They do not care about individual stores and they can take months, even years, to respond to maintenance problems, etc.

The hardest part is dealing with customers and putting out merchandise at the same time while also on the look out for shoplifters. The best part is being able to work with people you really like. All of my co-workers became friends, and it makes the day fly by.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Okay pay, few benefits
work clothes for medical workers
keyholder (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYDecember 2, 2015
scrubs, construction workers, ems, mechanic clothes are sold here. closes at 9 on monday through friday. on saturday 7pm and sunday 6pm.
Easy place to work for
key holder (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 4, 2015
Easy place to work for, a lot of down time. Wasn't a place for me, I need fast pace and something to make me grow and be the best I can be for the company!
A Typical Day at Work
Part-time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 8, 2014
Small company with GREAT management. I was brought on part-time and cared about like family!
Very productive and goal oriented environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 21, 2014
I would open the store early in the morning and make a bank deposit for the money made the day before. I would come back and work on inventory as I instruct my employees on their daily duties. I also would help out with their task as well as finish mine. Greeting customers was a must. The manager was very nice and energetic. My co-workers were amazing. Their was nothing hard about this job because I really enjoyed working here and being an assistant manager. The most enjoyable part was Saturday's because it was our slowest days and I got to know the co-workers more.
Pros
I learned how to be in charge of others and not abuse my authority.
Great co-workers and Customer Service
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILNovember 8, 2013
Work n Gear was a great place to get experience in Customer Service and Managerial experience. On the job it is very ordinary to be alone for a few hours which meant becoming your own boss and spreading yourself throughout the store to make sure the patrons are having a good shopping experience. This was a pro and con, sometimes the store was so busy that you were running around constantly either getting boots off the wall, finding shoe sizes in the stockroom, helping customers find sizes in work clothes, opening fitting rooms, cashiering and answering phones, placing kiosk orders until a co-worker showed up. If you were a key holder most of the time you opened alone or closed alone. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that all of the experiences you got from this job will further you experience in management and customer service.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
alot of time alone at night without any kind of security system
Very helpful with companies that need product for their employees
Customer service (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJuly 30, 2013
A work day was sometime busy and sometimes very slow, it all depended on the weather outside. Work N Gear is a great company for anyone that works in the health care and construction workers. There is product for males and females. Any company can come into Work N Gear and order anything that they need. The co-workers are very helpful to costumers and other co-workers. Everyone in the company starting from managers to sales clerk all keep in contact to see how each others store is doing. The hardest part of working at Work N Gear is to know all the product and getting to know the business that come into buy product.